PDA

View Full Version : One More CO For The Cranbrook Area

hunter1947
04-13-2011, 12:50 PM
:-D I talked to a CO today in the cranbrook area when out shed hunting he told me that we are getting one more new CO that was good news for us cranbrook people will help out to catch the bad people that are out there :-D.

elk_hunter 97
04-13-2011, 08:02 PM
hi could you tell me some good elk hunting spots in the cranbrook area, thanx

TPB
04-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Hopefully one retires in 5 years once i am looking for a job in this area, I hope he isn't a power hungry dick so far the ones here have been nothing but nice.

TPB
04-13-2011, 08:10 PM
hi could you tell me some good elk hunting spots in the cranbrook area, thanx

In the bush

MountainHigh
04-13-2011, 09:00 PM
You guys in Cranny are getting in for a treat. The new CO is a really good guy. I got to know him a bit and was impressed with his professionalism. I just wish he wasn't leaving his other post.

eastkoothunter
04-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Theres no bad people in the EK's.....

hunter1947
04-14-2011, 01:39 AM
You guys in Cranny are getting in for a treat. The new CO is a really good guy. I got to know him a bit and was impressed with his professionalism. I just wish he wasn't leaving his other post.

All CO are good guys they catch the bad guys :-D..

fearnodeer
04-14-2011, 04:42 AM
Looks EK's are in for a treat. Wish they could hire alot more for this province good or bad it helps.

bridger
04-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Theres no bad people in the EK's.....

then why more co's? lol!!

bayou
04-14-2011, 05:31 AM
then why more co's? lol!!

Because of all the people from the coast and okanogan that go there to hunt.

bridger
04-14-2011, 08:13 AM
now i understand

rocksteady
04-14-2011, 09:36 AM
It is not a new position Wayne. They are just getting around to filling a vacancy, when Paul V retired Aug 31, 2010.

I have heard good reports about the new dude...

grizzlydueck
04-14-2011, 10:26 AM
what is the new co's name ? we got a new one over a year ago- aswell a new head co 2 years ish ago ! They are both great guys ! I was at thier office B.S ing with them yesterday

bforce750
04-14-2011, 10:32 AM
I here the new guy is coming from FSJ or somwhere up north and he's quite the guy...lol...

yama49
04-14-2011, 05:13 PM

Yeah whatever

Jelvis
04-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Be nice if the new c.o. fella is a hunter as well, but some don't hunt at all.

Savage Man
04-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Ran into the Guy that came from Bella Coola twice last fall so I really liked him ,good guy friendly and did his job with out being an ass.

hunter1947
04-15-2011, 01:50 AM
I like any CO even if they have a bad attitude they catch the bad persons and with out them we would be in big trouble same as if we had no police enforcements :wink:.

5 spike
04-15-2011, 03:58 AM
i have only been stopped twice in 28 years of hunting and each time they have been very nice, no bad attitudes. they have a very hard job to do with very few of them to do it.

J_T
04-15-2011, 04:44 AM
It is not a new position Wayne. They are just getting around to filling a vacancy, when Paul V retired Aug 31, 2010.

I have heard good reports about the new dude... Hopefully not another anti-hunter for the EK.

MountainHigh
04-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Not anti-hunter at all. Like I said, you will be happy to have a him. Its a loss for some parts in the North as this CO did his job well.

Coming_out_heavy.
04-19-2011, 07:03 PM
He is from Fort Nelson, and he is a good guy. He does his job, and he wont be taking any shit.

Hopefully his replacement is as good as he is.

Jelvis
04-19-2011, 07:18 PM
C.O's are tuff mothers, woman and man one's lol. Some of the lady one's are tougher than the guys lol. Just joking lol.
Jel .. I'd help a c.o. if they needed some assistance when they were in trouble any day cuz I respect their position, and their life ..
Death once had a near-Chuck Norris experience.
Chuck Norris can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves ..

elkdom
04-19-2011, 07:23 PM
so what is his name ? or is he "so deep under the covers" ?,,, that we need a flashlight and magnifying glass to see his Id Badge?

Jelvis
04-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Under cover in region 3, making time to get those poachers shooting in no open season, like tree son. Up Jamyson .. 28 .. water gate ..
Driving the hunting spots in November in a CJ, making overtime pay looking everyday, all the way in and out. Handling complaints poachers with no self restraint. A basketball player too long in the paint.
When cops pull Chuck Norris over, They try to talk Their way out of it.
Jel .. I'm like a loaded gun, and your the ammunition .. Dead On ..

elkdom
04-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Under cover in region 3, making time to get those poachers shooting in no open season, like tree son. Up Jamyson .. 28 .. water gate ..
Driving the hunting spots in November in a CJ, making overtime pay looking everyday, all the way in and out. Handling complaints poachers with no self restraint.
When cops pull Chuck Norris over, They try to talk Their way out of it.
Jel .. I'm like a loaded gun, and your the ammunition .. Dead On ..

lol ! "driving the hunting spots in November" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,again ,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

as it stands BC's CO's are on a tight gasoline budget and hours are restricted,, soooooo,,,,,,,,,,,,,???

the NEW ,CO will be doing great if he gets enough "regular time" and enough "gas money" to SNOOP OUT the local meat cutters,,, lol

Jelvis
04-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Undercover covert operations infiltrating the hunting community with impunity.
Standing proud and straight, due to be great, save yours of the fish and wildlife, fields and streams, out door life in the western edge of the b.c. outdoors in sports afield with big buck and hunting b.c.
Jelly Chuck Norris is the only man to punch a cyclops between the eyes.

Singleshotneeded
04-19-2011, 08:05 PM
I heard there's a group of guys in the East Koots that went to the U.S. and brought back night vision equipment, like those units that attach to the front of a 40mm scope and make it night capable. They were poaching game at night and the COs were having fits trying to catch them. I wish the COs out there all the good luck in the world!

Tyler21
04-19-2011, 08:13 PM
everyone comes here to hunt, no more animals around.....hunt you own areas people. lawl CR

Jelvis
04-19-2011, 08:17 PM
East Koots is the best hunting around period! Well pritty darn close anywayz.

Allen50
04-19-2011, 08:20 PM

and whats wrong with us guys from the coast, i have never been in trouble with Cos,,, hummmm,

Jelvis
04-19-2011, 09:08 PM
I think there is validity to say a lot of hunters from the lower strangeland hit the local hills by the duzoooonz .. Jealousy pride and emotions on both sides when they see those magnificent huge elk bulls
They are the nicest looking of the deer family .. Your here and now yer going to see my buck and bull ..
I bin dare dun dat!
.. Man these people are shootin, a root a toot tootin .. on My mountain!
Jelly BIG TRAIN Built like a Mack Truck .. Bas is Rootin and tootin ..
His ott six shootin, bangin and boomin, .. 4 point bucks and six point bullzz .. :-D
el el vis .. al al alvis .. and the Chipmuncks .. up the Bull and the Mighty Quinn .. rinny tin tin .. road closure still? take a pill have a Fuzzy Pickle
:cry: :cry: :cry:

hunter1947
04-20-2011, 02:34 AM
Any one of us male or female hunters can break the hunting laws It could even be me that can break the law but if I do or others do thats why we have CO out there and it don't matter where you are from if you break the law you could be from the east or west ,north ,south and if you do break the law I hope you get caught :wink:..

elkdom
04-20-2011, 05:59 AM
I heard there's a group of guys in the East Koots that went to the U.S. and brought back night vision equipment, like those units that attach to the front of a 40mm scope and make it night capable. They were poaching game at night and the COs were having fits trying to catch them. I wish the COs out there all the good luck in the world!

I own some sophisticated night vision, there is nothing illegal about that, and I didnt go to the US to purchase it,

( I can see you, but you cannot see me) lol

ELKOHOLICBC
04-20-2011, 07:14 AM
You guys that keeping complaining about us Island guys or Coast guys coming to hunt your areas is becoming a pretty sad joke. I didn't know all of the EK, WK, and the rest of BC was private land. That would be like all of us salmon fisherman on the Island telling any one else that doesn't live on the Island they can't fish here. Give your heads and shake and pull them out of your a*@. I forgot the part when I buy my BC hunting license (here on the Island) that it only ment I can hunt on the Island. I also didn't realize that you EK people are so much better than us people on the coast and Island. I guess theres no poachers that live away from the coast.

Jelvis
04-20-2011, 11:41 AM
What about if everyone came to Vancouver Island for elk, bear, deer or wabbitz each season? You'd be fried hopping mad with moocho stories too. lol.
Jelwee all are the same we get anxious about hunting an area we love ..

CanuckShooter
04-20-2011, 11:54 AM
lol ! "driving the hunting spots in November" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,again ,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

as it stands BC's CO's are on a tight gasoline budget and hours are restricted,, soooooo,,,,,,,,,,,,,???

the NEW ,CO will be doing great if he gets enough "regular time" and enough "gas money" to SNOOP OUT the local meat cutters,,, lol\

That is why poachers have no worries...just drive home after midnight all the COs are home in bed...no money for patrols...lots of money for fancy ferries and stadium roofs, but little to protect our wildlife resources...go figure.

hunter1947
04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
And of course the help from us hunters to catch the bad people.

eastkoothunter
04-20-2011, 06:45 PM
You guys that keeping complaining about us Island guys or Coast guys coming to hunt your areas is becoming a pretty sad joke. I didn't know all of the EK, WK, and the rest of BC was private land. That would be like all of us salmon fisherman on the Island telling any one else that doesn't live on the Island they can't fish here. Give your heads and shake and pull them out of your a*@. I forgot the part when I buy my BC hunting license (here on the Island) that it only ment I can hunt on the Island. I also didn't realize that you EK people are so much better than us people on the coast and Island. I guess theres no poachers that live away from the coast.

I don't think EK guys think we're better then you, its just a piss off to have to deal with that many more people in our area while hunting. Your right, BC is BC, but it sure is frustrating competing with people from around EK's let alone others.

TPB
04-20-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't think EK guys think we're better then you, its just a piss off to have to deal with that many more people in our area while hunting. Your right, BC is BC, but it sure is frustrating competing with people from around EK's let alone others.

Yeah and the fact (not to stereotype) but i have come across 20 or so hunting camps right in the middle of a good spot or even a couple blocking access to a few good spots and i can guarantee they arent from here. Not to mention the cow elk season, it was crazy around the kimberley FSR and there isnt a lot of people around here.

CanuckShooter
04-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Come on admit it...it's not the competition...it's the fact that the 'outsider~non-resident BCers' all seem to be packing LEH tags while the locals are left looking for needles in haystacks...???

hunter1947
04-21-2011, 02:38 AM
This thread is going a different path but I have to say something on hunters hunting in different region ,I don't give a farts ass who comes to where ever over all years hunting I will try to find a place to hunt where I have the area to myself can't always do this but I try.

I consider myself no better then any other hunters its all what you put into hunting that you will get back out of it hunters come hunters go deal with it :).

CanuckShooter
04-21-2011, 07:16 AM
This thread is going a different path but I have to say something on hunters hunting in different region ,I don't give a farts ass who comes to where ever over all years hunting I will try to find a place to hunt where I have the area to myself can't always do this but I try.

I consider myself no better then any other hunters its all what you put into hunting that you will get back out of it hunters come hunters go deal with it :).

Well said!! We don't hunt so we can get stressed out......if we take a few moments out of our hunts to meet some of these hunters we will find out we have lots in common. ;-)

sawmill
04-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Wife and I didn`t have a problem tagging out last fall,not too many hunters where we were.You just got to stay away from all the well known spots,like Bull River.