PDA

View Full Version : West side of stave lake

Rugernator
04-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Thinking about doing a little bit of rabbit hunting, can i hunt the west side of stave lake just north of rolley lake?

rageous
04-11-2011, 08:58 PM
I've spent alot of time up there and never seen any rabbits. ps that area has special regulations regarding hunting, there is a map available at sporting shops.

Rugernator
04-11-2011, 09:02 PM

What special regulations? Isnt it just 2-8.. says in the synopsis that rabbits are open in 2-8 till April 30th.
Sorry im kinda new, i appreciate the help.

Steeleco
04-11-2011, 09:03 PM
You`l need a `Fraser valley special area`hunting licence. They`re $10.
I too have been in there a few times and never seen a bunny, bear and deer if you get back far enoungh, but don`t be too far from the truck, there`s more dingbats than animals!!

Rugernator
04-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks alot boyz appreciate the help! I dunno if its worth getting that license (since rabbit closes in like 18 days). Might just have to wait :(

Steeleco
04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
The licence is good till next March so getting it today won`t be a waste. You`ll need a map that the retailers should have. It`s large fold out with lots of good info on areas to hunt within the Fraser valley, especially if you take to hunting ducks or geese.

buck nash
04-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Here check this out

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/0910/docs/FVSAH2009WEB.pdf

warnniklz
04-11-2011, 09:17 PM
You're taking your life into your hands if you head out there... By buddy was telling me two weekends ago he was out there and guys were shooting in every direction. He said he was driving up the road and apparently was a d-bag and idiot for driving into some guys live range...

I've been back there and seen cuts with lots of deer sign. I don't know why they'd be around there with all the traffic I've seen. I say there's better spots... just gotta find them.

Rugernator
04-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks, well i might give it a 'shot' then (no pun intended) ill go pickup the license and the map. Drive out and see if i can pop a few pesky wabbits with my .22 before the season closes. Thanks again Steeleco.

sparkes3
04-12-2011, 07:47 AM
get ready to duck if your in the woods out there and somebody opens up in your direction .
might be a good idea to wear some orange or a hat with a white flag of surrender on it.

warnniklz
04-12-2011, 10:49 AM
get ready to duck if your in the woods out there and somebody opens up in your direction .
might be a good idea to wear some orange or a hat with a white flag of surrender on it.

Doesn't matter... they'll just say "it's all good bro" even though they're shooting behind you

danielk
04-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Was up there last month west stave doing some wheeling mud bogging and what ever beer lol was leaving second flats and seen 8 eyes looking at me so I high beemed them 4 deer black tale just hanging out in new clear cut just off lake one was a small buck lol to bad you can't shoot up there any more . I seen a bob cat up a yeAr ago also

warnniklz
04-29-2011, 02:55 PM
You`l need a `Fraser valley special area`hunting licence. They`re $10.
I too have been in there a few times and never seen a bunny, bear and deer if you get back far enoungh, but don`t be too far from the truck, there`s more dingbats than animals!!

Do you need that for big game as well? I have mine so I know I'm good but on map B10 it says:

Map B10 Fraser Valley Special Licence Hunting Area
(FVSLHA) (situated in MUs 2-4, 2-8). All persons
hunting within MU 2-4 & those portions of MU 2-8
within the corporate limits of the corporation of
the district of Maple Ridge, the corporation of the
district of Pitt Meadows, the district of Mission, the
corporation of the district of Coquitlam are required
to purchase a Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting
Licence in addition to other Provincial licences and
for hunting migratory game birds, the Migratory Bird
Licence. $1,000,000.00 Public Liability and Property
Damage insurance is required.

So I'm assuming if it doesn't have webbed feet you shouldn't need this license.

Steeleco
04-29-2011, 08:41 PM
You need the license for ALL hunting within it's boundaries. You must follow it's recommendations on weapon and projectile type, IE Shotgun with shot only. I'n many areas north of the Fraser, you start out in the map boundaries but can head far enough north to leave the FVSAM jurisdiction. Just be reasonably sure your out of the map limits before you use your single projectile rifles. Especially up either side of the Stave.

warnniklz
04-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks Steelco... personally I think it's sketchy going up there though. Too many crazy people.

07blackwater
04-30-2011, 07:18 AM
NVM already covered...