PDA

View Full Version : New to Mainland hunting. (Kamloops area)

mulerider
04-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Hello. Im from the island and have done most of my hunting here except for one trip to cranbrook. I will be meeting some friends in Kamloops to go out for a week trip from Nov 1-7. What is our best bet for that area. I would like to be within a couple of hours of Kamloops. We would like to hunt in an area that is open for deer but also has a moose draw option. Also we are looking for a cabin to rent if anyone can recommend one. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KevinB
04-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Tunkwa Lake Resort has cabins for rent, and there's lots of good deer hunting in the area, and a fair number of moose. They are very hunter friendly. There are also cabins up at Red Lake, I think the owner is a member here, so obviously they'd be hunter friendly too!

There is good deer hunting in most areas around here.

bearhunter338-06
04-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Region 3-29 Red lake good area for moose and deer.

Darksith
04-11-2011, 05:53 AM
you gotta remember that snow/access might be an issue in some areas come mid-late nov. Make sure you are prepared for that. There are a few lodges any direction you choose, eagle island resort west of little fort is one direction, I believe there is a lodge up jamison creek but its name is eluding me atm, the above comments are good choices as well.