PDA

View Full Version : Sylvester Road Cleanup April 23rd

WesHarm
04-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Hey HBC'ers!

As per my other thread I am trying to get together a bunch of guys and gals to go out and clean up the crap that people have left behind.

Me and anyone that wants to join me will be heading out APRIL 23RD up Sylvester Road to go do some cleanup! I hope everyone thats free and that uses the area will tag along and make this a great event for conserving the areas we use! (I've also never been in the area so the more people that show up and know the area the better!) This area just seems to be the one that most people were ready to go and help clean!!

Im thinking of meeting around 10-11am at the Husky station on lougheed and sylvester. I will be in a Red Audi A4 If your coming out to help just come say Hi!

ElectricDyck
04-10-2011, 04:12 PM
On April 23rd the 4 wheel drive association is hosting a clean up, you might think of joining them, they'll have a couple dump trucks to help cart the mess away.

WesHarm
04-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Well dang! haha I guess i'll show up for that aswell.... Still going on the 17th too though!

sparkes3
04-10-2011, 05:04 PM
not sure if your gonna want to bring a audi up sylvester

WesHarm
04-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Hmmm think it will make it? I dont really care how trashed it gets just want it to get there... and back *crosses fingers* Again, never been in the area.. its a handme down car :P

sparkes3
04-10-2011, 05:07 PM
next weekend is the bcwf convention in surrey,why dont you volunteer some time for that and we can get a group of hbcers to represent us at the four wheelin cleanup

sparkes3
04-10-2011, 05:08 PM
if its a hand me down how do you think the person that gave it to you is gonna feel when you wreck it

WesHarm
04-10-2011, 05:12 PM
My grandma was about to take it to the wrecker... dont think she'll mind all that much ;) I saw Gatehouse's post and was gunna volunteer but unfortunately im busy until that sunday :(

Steeleco
04-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm tied up next weekend at the fed convention and other functions, but the 23rd is looking like a good day. I know the area well, your Audi is best left at the bottom and ride in with someone that has a truck. I'll bring my little trailer and haul any large metal out for recycling.

I've stickied this post. Sparkes, if you want to start one for the other gang, I can do the same.

I'll be in a 2007 brown 4door F150

sparkes3
04-10-2011, 05:20 PM
as long as your prepared to get a wrecker to haul it out all should be fine.
it would be real shitty to go up there for a cleanup and end up leavin more than you take out

buck nash
04-10-2011, 05:23 PM
17th is my birthday so I'm out but i would suggest an earlier start. 10 - 11 is when it starts getting busy there and you'll have a harder time talking people into moving once they're already set up than you would if you got there before them.
Plus if you finish up early enough you can sit for an hour or two and see how long it takes to turn into a dump again.lol

WesHarm
04-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Okay, sounds good the 23rd it is and will be leaving the Audi at the bottom for sure! Cant wait to see everyone there!!

open-sights
04-10-2011, 05:29 PM
I was up Sylvester 2 weeks ago, the Audi will be fine, road is in great shape, there was snow just past the main crater but of course it will be gone now. Was snowing at the time as well, but not sticking.

buck nash
04-10-2011, 05:32 PM
yeah that road will be no problem for any vehicle as long as its not extremely lowered. I can probably do the 23rd.

WesHarm
04-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Well, Glad to see this got stickied :D but since were going on the 23rd is there a way you guys can change the date on the topic? I cant seem to do it >.<

sparkes3
04-10-2011, 05:53 PM
no need they are are already going anyways . earlier the better for me.
see you on the 23

Steeleco
04-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Date changed to the 23rd on the header. Can't change each subsequent post but new readers will get the idea. See you there.

Crimson Viking
04-10-2011, 08:00 PM
If I can get away ( ie not working) I will come up and join in.

sparkes3
04-10-2011, 09:08 PM
what are we gonna do for vittles.i might be able to be persuaded to make a big ol pot of venison chili if we are gonna have a 15/20 guys show up

TurtleGod
04-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I will see if I can make it and bring some buddies as well.

TG

GRIZZEZE
04-10-2011, 09:17 PM
I am in for the 23rd. Look forward to meeting a bunch of you guys and getting that place looking a little more respectable

henderson
04-10-2011, 09:20 PM
How long do you think this clean up will last? I have work obligations in the morning (farm work its a b!tch) but could defiantly make it in the afternoon??

sparkes3
04-10-2011, 09:24 PM
we coud probally be up there all day and not make much of a dent in the mess up there

Steeleco
04-11-2011, 08:07 AM
The last two clean ups were also posted over on CGN. I think I'll do that again. I was in there in Jan looking for Bobcat and couldn't believe the mess this time. I'll bring lots of bags. If anyone had those pick up sticks bring them, you'll get a bad back bending over to pick up all those hulls.

luckofthedraw
04-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Was up there on Sat. The road is fine, the mess is brutal. I don't think anyone packs out there trash! I can't make the 23rd, already working. Good luck, hope the weather is good.

WesHarm
04-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Glad to see so many people willing to come out :D And even a tiny dent is better then nothing :D

buck nash
04-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Glad to see so many people willing to come out :D And even a tiny dent is better then nothing :D

Agreed. It would be good for people to see others cleanig up, might make some of them feel bad for leaving a mess. When there is already a big pile of garbage, it's easy to feel ok about adding to it but when you see it getting cleaned up they may change their habbits.

I'd like to see some enforcement up there. I've heard that the cops have passed out some fines but they can't be there all the time. Maybe folks should start taking down plate numbers of the offenders along with pics and pass this on to cops. A guy could go up with a video camera on any given day and bust a dozen losers. It might be more effective than constantly cleaning up after these pigs.

Eatmeat
04-11-2011, 10:36 AM
I should be able to make it, I work two jobs but I might be able to move some things arround.

seanfalloy
04-11-2011, 11:16 AM
i was just up there yesterday. took out a garage bag full of hulls and it didn't put a dent in it. but i will try to be there for sure

Ronforca
04-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Good going guys and gals.I lived on Sylvester Rd.for 14 yrs.and the last 10 we never went near the place.It was not safe to leave your vehicle.Will not find very many locals up there as we all had the same idea.

seanfalloy
04-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Is there a dump or Transfer station near by? I have a pickup (as i suspect lots of us hunters do) and i was just wondering if multiple trips are needed where is the nearest place to take the garbage to?

WesHarm
04-11-2011, 01:19 PM
The BC4Wheel club is bringing two dump trucks, Theres one near by i think, jsut cant remember the name...

http://www.4wdabc.ca/content.php?147-4WDABC-Earth-Day-Cleanup-April-23rd

Mission transfer station.

sparkes3
04-11-2011, 02:09 PM
wesharm you might wanna contact someone from bc 4 wheelers to see if they mind us dumping in their trucks/or mission transfer station to see if we can dump our own trucks

WesHarm
04-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Already emailed him, he said hes more then happy to have us all come and bring as many people as we can! :D

And glad were spreading the word!

seanfalloy
04-11-2011, 02:28 PM
I wish this didnt fall on earth day. Cause now its just gona look like a bunch of granola crunchers out there picking up cause thats what the world decided for us to do rather than us doing it on our own. But oh well it is what it is Ill be there

WesHarm
04-11-2011, 02:33 PM
I have a feeling all the trucks and Camo that will be out will kinda negate the granola cruncher factor.. more of a "Hey we use the land and we want to clean it up!". .. thats what im hoping for at least :)

papaken
04-11-2011, 03:02 PM
This event is also listed as a CITO Event for Geocachers. Could be a very diverse group of people all working towards the same goal. What a great idea, different people all helping each other and getting to know that we are all pretty much the same.

fearnodeer
04-11-2011, 03:58 PM
This is sweet, if i can at all make it i will be there.

04-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Good on ya guys!
I cant go cuz i live on the island but was thinking about a road here that is getting pretty bad. You may have provided me inspiration!

Take pictures!

Steeleco
04-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Already emailed him, he said hes more then happy to have us all come and bring as many people as we can! :D

And glad were spreading the word!

Sweet. I posted the tale on CGN and I`m already getting good feedback. I`m bringing my little trailer and going to fill it with metal. You can dump metal for free at all transfer stations. There`s a little out fit at the north end of the Mission bridge and a larger one on Hwy 11 in Abby. I wonder if the municipality knows of the effort put out by all groups they might let the bigger trucks dump for free.

mikeman20
04-12-2011, 10:19 AM
I would come but ill be away that weekend, ill probably be up there this weekend shooting and ill grab some trash on my way out to help

sarg
04-12-2011, 10:40 AM
you could take the metal to fraser valley recycaling in maple ridge (it on fishermans rd off of river rd) and re coop some of u gas money,(they pay not to bad)

Sweet. I posted the tale on CGN and I`m already getting good feedback. I`m bringing my little trailer and going to fill it with metal. You can dump metal for free at all transfer stations. There`s a little out fit at the north end of the Mission bridge and a larger one on Hwy 11 in Abby. I wonder if the municipality knows of the effort put out by all groups they might let the bigger trucks dump for free.

steelheadSABO
04-12-2011, 08:04 PM
I might be able to come. Are any cases magnetic? I have a magnet on wheels that I could bring out pick up nails screws and anything magnetic.

Steeleco
04-13-2011, 12:13 AM
I'd bring it, I believe many of the military cheap stuff will be magnetic?

Here's a link from the organizer of the 4x4 group. He's more than happy many different user groups are all willing to get together and do the clean up.
http://www.4wdabc.ca/content.php?147-4WDABC-Earth-Day-Cleanup-April-23rd&

sparkes3
04-13-2011, 07:14 AM
yup magnets work on lots

GreatWhitePopogeebo
04-13-2011, 10:59 PM
This sounds like a cool idea sorry but where is this sylvester road i wouldnt mind going up if it were not to far

luckofthedraw
04-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Sylvester rd is about 10 mins east of Mission on the Lougheed hwy. You hang a left on Sylvester just after Hatzic Lake.

fearnodeer
04-20-2011, 05:55 AM
The wife and i are going to make it just woundering if there was anyplace in paticular that we are meeting and a time. Its been 20 + years since i have been up there and right now i am assuming we are meeting at the pit. I was also thinking i should bring some shovels and rakes and maybe a chainsaw. Remember to bring water/fluids as well. If i don't see anyone i think i will just start walking the road picking up garbage exersise and helping out what a deal.

darrin6109
04-20-2011, 07:58 AM
so 10am at the husky?

Steeleco
04-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Darrin, here's the game plan set out by the gang that started the major idea.

The staging area will be at the Davis Lake turnoff which is approximately 3 kilometers after Sylvester Road turns to gravel, on the left. 9 am will be the meet and greet along with general orientation and 10 am will be the cleanup start.

If you arrive later, just drive the hill till you find us. I'll be in a 4dr brown 07 F150

fearnodeer
04-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks Steeleco that explains it

WesHarm
04-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Hey guys, bad news... my grandma just went into the hospital... And im probably gunna end up spending saturday with her and the family...

Glad to see so many guys willing to go help out though.... (Im still gunna try and get out there)

fearnodeer
04-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Grandma comes first, wish her well.

Steeleco
04-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah, Family first. Best wishes.

fearnodeer
04-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Just a little advise if your going, fill you trucks in mission its at least 10 cents a litre cheaper

Duck Tales
04-22-2011, 10:48 AM
Just seen this thread (a little late I know) and I cant make it I've got class 1 driving school booked that weekend. However we do frequent the area often and we always bring a yard rake and a scoop shovel, you can pick spent shells in record timing.

Jonny outdoors
04-22-2011, 12:52 PM
We just got back from the main gravel pit/ shooting range up around 8km. We took out a truck load junk and got to break in my Dad's new gun at the same time . The main pit is in the best shape it has been for years, mainly do to the loggers that have cleaned it up with a loader. The main pit still has about two truck loads of crap lying around but the first 6 km of the road is a mess. The cut block that heads towards Stave is pathetic as we went by the amount of crap that people shoot and leave up there is amazing. I live close to the fire hall on sylvester road about half way between the husky and the where the gravel starts, so I love the fact I can go quading , shooting , fishing and hunting with in ten minutes from my door but if they end up restricting the access to this area because of the shit heads dumping their garbage up there I wont be surprised and would understand .It sucks when my three kids that are under the age of 12 have more common sense than the meat heads that are using this recreation site as a dump site.

Anyways for all the guys heading up tomorrow ,I would like to say thanks it nice to know there is still a few of us that want to see these areas to stay open for our kids to enjoy.

Chad.

ElectricDyck
04-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Wow! I didn't think we'd make a dent in all the junk there, but it's actually noticeable! Thanks to 4wd abc for the organization, a lot of volunteers, dump trucks, front end loader, hiab, donated prizes etc. Good weather too.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/ElectricDyck/IMG_0029.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/ElectricDyck/IMG_0043.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/ElectricDyck/IMG_0042.jpg

ElectricDyck
04-23-2011, 06:52 PM
If this is yours, I think it's a write off.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/ElectricDyck/IMG_0035.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/ElectricDyck/IMG_0036.jpg

swampdonkey
04-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Rear tire is still good, just seen this on global good job to all that helped out

ElectricDyck
04-23-2011, 06:55 PM
The road to and beaches at Davis Lake are now pretty clean, impressive feat.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/ElectricDyck/IMG_0041.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/ElectricDyck/IMG_0038.jpg

ElectricDyck
04-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Rear tire is still good, just seen this on global good job to all that helped out

It was pretty fresh, the rcmp officer attending was notified.

sparkes3
04-23-2011, 07:32 PM
we found a wallet just past the pit ,surrey rcmp now has it.

Steeleco
04-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Great pictures Andrew. Good to meet up with you again. Bumped in Sparkes3 and had a quick yap. Didn't get to see talk to any other HBCers but then again we were all real busy. Spent our day with a young guy from the 4x4 club that helped us fill the truck no less that 3 times.

It's amazing how far some asshat will pack a 26" TV just to shoot the shit out of it.

There's another clean up on the west side on June 4th. If the bear gods smile on me, I'll be free enough to help then too.

sparkes3
04-23-2011, 07:56 PM
there is also a cleanup in ladner on the dyke and marsh in may

papaken
04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Good day! Good job all around! Can't believe all the crap "nominds" will haul up there. Would be nice if they (RCMP) could actually catch some of these idiots and make an example of them. I guess it is hard to police as there seemed to be a lot of people up that way. Couldn't stay all day but did get about 4 1/2 hrs in. BIG THANKS to the cooks and sponsors.

theK.G.B
04-23-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm really pleased to see how many of us showed up!!!! I was in awe when I saw the dump trucks and loader around 11. The bin at the meeting site wad bone empty. Me and my buddy took on a small road with a dead end turn around. Collected a few bags of shot shells and other plastics. We burnt the wood and paper. And some people on quads came by and grabbed out the 2 washing machines we fished out of the woods. All said and done we left around 3 and when we got back to the Davis meeting are that giant bin was OVER FULL..... Lol! Fantastic I added my 5 bags of garbage and was feeling pretty good about the whole thing. I can safely say we ALL made a difference today! I hope we can do this again!
Jon.

ElectricDyck
04-23-2011, 08:40 PM
I think the bin was just for recyclable metal, the dump trucks hauled the garbage, left once full and returned for more.

Whonnock Boy
04-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Kudos to all that participated. Karma will be good to you!! If I could have been there today I would have. Hopefully next time. Cheers.

theK.G.B
04-23-2011, 08:49 PM
I think the bin was just for recyclable metal, the dump trucks hauled the garbage, left once full and returned for more.
That's even more impressive!

Pyro
04-23-2011, 08:50 PM
I took about 400 lbs (guessing as they dont have a scale) of bagged up crap to the transfer station on my way out.
Besides the millions of shotgun shells, the thing that burns my ass the most is the plate glass sheets that I noticed.
It takes a special type of dumb ass to drag a few panes of glass deep into the bush just to dump

ElectricDyck
04-23-2011, 08:55 PM
That's even more impressive!

We'll see once they post the final tally. Last years west stave clean up netted 2,540 kilograms of garbage and a 30 foot bin full of scrap metal.

ElectricDyck
04-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Here's the link to the global story

http://www.globaltvbc.com/video/index.html?releasePID=qI4yxqY2MqIAiXTiuDJJJhzRXVMJ l2KC

GRIZZEZE
04-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Spent all day on one short section of road and myself and 4 or 5 others managed to fill up over 30 garbage bags and got that section of road clean. I is just too bad that it tool that much man power to clean up a section of road that was only 40 feet by 70 or so yards into the cut block. Got to meet a bunch of new people and met a few others from the site. Great day, besides my sunburn. The four wheel drive association even made us lunch and had door prizes, they did a great job hosting the event. Thanks to everyone that showed up and did they're part.

Pyro
04-24-2011, 12:58 AM
I was working along side Grizzeze and several others.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/tootalldean2/DSC_0742.jpg

This is just a very small portion of what we took oout of our small area
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/tootalldean2/DSC_0740.jpg

In the video link posted above, I spotted my son and myself in the background very briefly

300H&H
04-24-2011, 08:53 AM
I don't live anywhere close to you guys, but THANK YOU for all your great work.

kgriz
04-24-2011, 09:01 AM
For all the things I disagree with being said on this site...this is certainly not one of them...good on you all for taking your time and gas money to do what you did.....any of you need info for around PG or a sheep spot I can help with...drop me a PM

Phreddy
04-24-2011, 09:33 AM
I remember, when I worked the correctional centre at Stave, getting a bunch of inmates out to help clean up the mess, and also discouraging folks with bags and pick-ups full of crap from dumping it by taking their licensce numbers down as they got near.
I've heard that since they closed the jails up there it really went to hell in a handbasket, but didn't realize it had got as bad as what I saw on tv last night and in the pictures on this sight. Good on ya guys. If I wasn't living so far away I would have loved to have been involved.

fearnodeer
04-24-2011, 10:32 AM
It was great to be there and was woundering if anyone will post the dates for future clean ups and how much garbage was hauled out.

H Wally
04-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Just a thought - it would be good to get the shooting/hunting community's name involved in this, since everyone's putting so much effort into cleaning up. Would be a good step in getting public awareness that hunters and sport shooters care about the environment too, especially since the global news clip definitely made the hunting community look like a bunch of pigs.

Pyro
04-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Just a thought - it would be good to get the shooting/hunting community's name involved in this, since everyone's putting so much effort into cleaning up. Would be a good step in getting public awareness that hunters and sport shooters care about the environment too, especially since the global news clip definitely made the hunting community look like a bunch of pigs.

I was wearing a CGN badge/button the whole day, and spoke briefly off camera with the reporter from Global. She took down the name CanadianGunNutz and said that she wanted all groups to get proper recognition, but it never made it to air.

sparkes3
04-24-2011, 04:01 PM
no recognition for any of the good things we do thats the way it always is .
there is a clean up in ladner where we hunt waterfowl in may i will be sure to invite all other groups when we are doing this i will even volunteer my boat to get everybody out on the marsh and get the garbage back to the dock (so the common refusal of i dont have a boat will not work).
these cleanups are something we all have to take part in and everybody deserves their thanks for taking part .

Steeleco
04-24-2011, 04:50 PM
It was great to be there and was woundering if anyone will post the dates for future clean ups and how much garbage was hauled out.

There's a clean up on the west side June 4th. I'm sure there will be info to come.

I too spoke to the Global reporter and was wearing my HBC hat. She asked me "why so many varied groups coming together on the same day?" I told here because we all give a damn and want the general public to see us all in a positive light.

Steeleco
04-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Can someone with a "BC4Wheel club" account get us some updated info. I don't want to get an account just for a one time peak!!!

ElectricDyck
04-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Can someone with a "BC4Wheel club" account get us some updated info. I don't want to get an account just for a one time peak!!!

You only need to sign up to post, you can view without signing up.Here's a link to the forum:

http://www.4wdabc.ca/forum.php

here's a post about the recent clean up with some more pics:

http://www.4wdabc.ca/showthread.php?96-4WDABC-Earth-Day-Cleanup-of-Lost-Creek-FSR-April-23rd./page3

I couldn't find anymore info on the west stave clean up except for this:
The 9th Annual West Stave Cleanup will be held on June 4th, 2011

ElectricDyck
04-24-2011, 08:28 PM
I too spoke to the Global reporter and was wearing my HBC hat. She asked me "why so many varied groups coming together on the same day?" I told here because we all give a damn and want the general public to see us all in a positive light.

It seemed to me the news article was very tailored to fit their green earthday theme, which generally doesn't include hunting. What do you expect from Global. I was just pumped at how much of a visual difference it made, I got to admit the place is such a dump I didn't think it would make a difference.

WesHarm
04-24-2011, 08:54 PM
wow glad to see it all came out so well! So sorry I couldnt come... but my grandma sure enjoyed me being with her... shes now doing well and is back home :D ... I cant believe i missed such an amazing event!

GRIZZEZE
04-24-2011, 08:58 PM
I was working along side Grizzeze and several others.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/tootalldean2/DSC_0742.jpg

This is just a very small portion of what we took oout of our small area
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/tootalldean2/DSC_0740.jpg

In the video link posted above, I spotted my son and myself in the background very briefly

These are only the after pics. We spent all day in this 40foot section of road and only made it 75 yards into the bush. The best I figured we filled up about 25-28 garbage bags of junk out of this small area.
It was a pleasure working with you Pyro and the others.
I did not get to meet up with too many others from the site but I was in the green Crew cab long box power stroke with the big white canopy (if you saw it you would know).
Pyro at least you got my good side in the picture, but you should have gotten the GUT DEER? on the front of my shirt :mrgreen: (After about 5 minutes of the lady from the news looking at me with a puzzled look she came up to me and laughed and sad she finally got it, and she was pleased to see hunters out there helping out as well. )

steelheadSABO
04-24-2011, 09:14 PM
I hope this becomes an annual event for hbc members every year we could clean up different spots

GRIZZEZE
04-24-2011, 09:27 PM
I hope this becomes an annual event for hbc members every year we could clean up different spots

If someone organizes it they will come ( or at least I will if possible)

Actually the 4x4 club does do this annually on the west side of the lake and this was their first time on the west side (long overdue)
All that it takes is someone to organize the event and mention it to the dump to get free dumping. If it is done more than once a year you would not need 2 dump trucks making several trips each to get the job done

Steeleco
04-24-2011, 09:55 PM
My wife and daughter are already on board for next year. It was hard work for them but they had fun meeting new people and felt great helping out. If I'm not bear hunting on the 4th of June, we'll be at the next one on the west side of Stave.

Blueberries
04-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Well dang! haha I guess i'll show up for that aswell...

Eatmeat
04-25-2011, 08:16 PM
I felt guilty not being there so I went up to Tamahi Creek on sunday morning and did some clean up.
My daughter and I took out 8 bags of garbage and 2 TVs.
I'll try to be at the next one.

Blueberries
04-25-2011, 08:24 PM
they'll have a couple dump trucks to help cart the mess away...

Steeleco
04-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Apparently I was one lucky guy Saturday. Every volunteer got a ticket in the draw, seems I won!! I'm getting a BC backcountry map book aswell as a 4 ton trolly jack. That last part is sweet, I was looking to get one just last week.

It justs keeps getting better!!!!

sparkes3
04-26-2011, 03:33 PM
bonus............

fearnodeer
04-26-2011, 04:35 PM
You SOB steeleco i hauled more garbage than you. Congrads just kidding

Steeleco
04-26-2011, 04:41 PM
What's a guy to say. BOOYAH!!!!!

fearnodeer
04-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Okay bet is one June 4 stave lake we go pound for pound or join forces. I know no bet but if fun is seeing who can pick up more only mother nature wins

sparkes3
04-26-2011, 06:41 PM
i messed up on the date of the ladner cleanup in a earlier post ,it will be on the 14th of may this year.
i will also be out for the cleanup of stave on june 4

Steeleco
04-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Can't make the Ladner day this year, Mrs Steeleco Bday weekend and she's taking me bear hunting, the 4th is a good bet if I get my bear LOL

Steeleco
04-26-2011, 07:11 PM
You SOB steeleco i hauled more garbage than you. Congrads just kidding

MGM, good you maybe, lucky I definitely was!!

Steeleco
04-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Word is
The numbers are in, about 35,000 pounds of garbage and steel in this cleanup. Combine this with last June's West Stave Cleanup and that is close to 100,000 pounds of garbage and steel removed from the Stave Lake watershed.

I for one will try to make all that I can. If anyone here is a member of the 4x4 web site kindly let us know when the next clean ups are planned, we can spread the word and get more folks out to help. I do know the next one this year is on the West side of Stave on June 4th.