PDA

View Full Version : first time at a 3 D event

beeugle
04-09-2011, 06:23 PM
well today I took the opportunity to attend the 3 D shoot in cranbrook. It was the first time as a bow hunter I have done that, (I switched from a crossbow this year) and though I have taken lots of game with rifle and crossbow, I'm looking very forward to the next adventure. I was given a nice older martin jaguar last year from my buddy finish, I equipped it with a good site, whisker biscuit, took it down to bob at the archery shop here, he tuned it up, gave me some pointers and cut me some new arrows I also got some great advice and help from bowhunter bruce last fall. I was kinda thinking of getting a newer bow but after today, I'm very happy with the one I have. I met some great people out there, I got to tag along with a couple from jaffray and their 2 young fellas who are right into shooting their bows. great to see young people really getting into it. I didn't have the opportunity to stay all day, but I sure wanted to but prior commitments only allowed me a trek through one course of fire, I did real well, only lost one arrow, I didn't keep score but I was in the 8's 10's and shot an apple off a bucks nose.. for 20...if...I had been keeping score..... what a blast. I can't wait to get out and do it again. I hear there is another one in the summer..I'm definitely going to try to be there.. I'm now hooked.. no looking back...this fall, I'll be out there with my bow, excited and pumped as I always am,but with a new tool and a new appreciation...!!! :mrgreen:

The Hermit
04-09-2011, 07:00 PM
EXCELLENT! 3-D shoots are a blast!

bowhunterbruce
04-09-2011, 11:58 PM
wait to get out there killing some foam buddy.there are a few more shoots around you this year just check them out on canuck2's website.
http://www.angelfire.com/bc/canuck2/3D2011.html
every coarse has its own unique challenges and ya can only get better,especially with the judging yardage which is the absolute most important factor.
bhb

Bow Walker
04-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Congratulations. 3D's are a great way to practice archery skills. Glad to see that you enjoyed your limited time on the course.

Bowzone_Mikey
04-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Carefull now ... Go slow ... you will become addicted .... pretty soon you wont be able to sleep at night ... up with the cold sweats in anticipation of the next shoot .... you will find that your home life and work life will suffer because all you can think about is the next shoot ...and the shoot after that ... and the shoot after that ... all winter long you will have the shakes just waiting for that next shoot .....

there is a 12 step program that ends with hunting season ....
Take in a minimum of 12 shoots a year and then go out and Hammer a big EK elk .... you will be cured ... but this needs to be done on an annual basis ;)

BiG Boar
04-10-2011, 11:08 AM
I did my first one this year also and it was tonnes of fun. A really great way to spend the day. Sort of like a nice round of golf for hunters.

brad ferris
04-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Cranbrook always puts on a great shoot as do most of the other clubs in the area. Try to make the Fernie shoots from a hunting perspective you won't find a better way to practice.
Also these clubs love when new enthusiastic people become active and lend a hand putting on these events.

Mountain Man
04-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Another born again !!!

Good to see more people getting hooked !

bcbrez
04-11-2011, 12:03 PM
The Trail 2 day shoot at easter is good, so is the Kelowna shoot.

triggr31
04-11-2011, 07:50 PM
bowzone mikey thats the funniest thing ive read from you lol but so so true hahahahahashahahahah .Congrats beeugle maybe see you out on the course sometime

Jonas111
04-11-2011, 08:18 PM
bowzone mikey thats the funniest thing ive read from you lol but so so true hahahahahashahahahah .Congrats beeugle maybe see you out on the course sometime

Well I guess your easily amused.

seanfalloy
04-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the club. Haven't been shooting long myself but it sure is a good time

evhunter
04-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Cranbrook always puts on a great shoot as do most of the other clubs in the area. Try to make the Fernie shoots from a hunting perspective you won't find a better way to practice.
Also these clubs love when new enthusiastic people become active and lend a hand putting on these events.

Was great to get out to some nice weather in Cranbrook. Only made it out for Sunday as Saturday was the Fernie Rod and Gun Club annual Banquet and Fundraiser. What a crazy busy day and night!! So many items up for raffle/ auction etc... very generous people made for our most successful fundraiser! Looks like we'll have a reasonable 3D target budget for the year.

Fernie 3D shoot dates are June 11 & 12th and our Xtreme shoot, August 20 & 21st.