PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon DAZE....

srupp
04-09-2011, 09:47 AM
I recently had the privilege of traveling to Abbotsford and meet up with Mike Campbell and went sturgeon fishing for two days, two full days of laughter and fun and enjoyment. The first day Mike met me at my hotel and we traveled to mission to put the boat in, that we traveled on the Fraser River to Mike's favorite sturgeon holes. The bait du jour was prime ooligan, with a side order of ditch eel. During that next eight hours we landed seven or eight sturgeon, the largest being five and half feet, all fish were extremely healthy and provided phenomenal enjoyment. We have the privilege of having Peter and his daughter Asha join us on the days fishing and it truly was enjoyable. We probably missed another nine or 10 bites that we didn't connect on when we set the hook, regardless it was over the top fun. The end of the day came too soon and it was off to rest after a hard day at the office. A minor fire at the hotel that night, and standing outside in the cold for an hour or so may the next morning's rise and shine a bit tougher, however realized it was another day of dawn till dusk sturgeon fishing made it all the worthwhile. The second day was a repeat of the first day only larger fish the largest of the two days was just under 7 feet and over 6 1/2 feet…

The large fish was a blast to play and after two days of hauling in fish, would merely admired the large beast and let it swim freely away, didn't even take a picture.

I would like to thank Leaseman... For his outstanding hospitality, knowledge, friendship and making these two days of dinosaur fishing two of the best days I've had in the past year. And I look forward to hosting Mike and Nick up the Cariboo this spring for black bear hunting and more laughter.

In two days we boated 14 to 17 sturgeon and lost many many more.

THANKS MIKE....Amazing time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Cheers
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P10100400001-1.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P10100370001_1.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P10100360001_1.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P10100320001_1-1.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P10100420001-1.jpg

mountainman
04-09-2011, 10:14 AM
And I never even got an invite?? Mind you the wife might not have liked it if I missed my turn on the way home and ended up in Abbotsford for the weekend either. Sounds like a good trip though.

One Shot
04-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Pictures finally came through.....

srupp
04-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi Joe....AMAZING TIME...AS USUAL WITH mIKE...

hmmmm maybe you should be planning some SALMON time with Steven in TERRACE???HINT HINT gonna be a BIG RUN THIS YEAR..

cheers
Steven

mountainman
04-09-2011, 10:23 AM
I know I know. Not sure how things are going to turn out this summer again is the problem at the moment. I have a 3 or 4 day trip to Sandspit in June just to check out the salmon run on the coast all at no cost to me and I'm not sure I am going to make that one either. This working for a living really gets in the way of my fishing and hunting time.

BigfishCanada
04-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Ive been so lucky to have been fishing these monsters my whole live, I have had many over 500lb fish. Its so good its catch and release, I remember as a kid people catching and keeping. Now my future grandchildren can one day catch a monster, heres a pic of on of the ones I have caught!

srupp
04-09-2011, 10:42 AM
hmmm can NOW understand your name "BIGFISHCANADA"..well done well desreved name..

cheers
Steven

BiG Boar
04-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Looks like a really fun trip. Funny I live here and yet have to try sturgeon fishing. Looks pretty awesome though! Great pics too!

srupp
04-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks Dave...havnt herd much from you..hope all is well....

cheers and thanks

Steven

Leaseman
04-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Great to have you down buddy!.....:mrgreen:

Still need to get you down in the fall for the really big boys......:wink:

srupp
04-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks Mike...some of the BEST memories in my life...I REALLY appreciate the time, effort and expertise..but even more just friends having lots of laughs..those times are so good and unfortunatly so rare in life nowadays...got the ATV ready ..will start scouting for signs of YOGI....

cheers

and so many THANKS..

Susan also says THANKS for her relaxing weekend WITHOUT me here....lol

Leaseman
04-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks Mike...some of the BEST memories in my life...I REALLY appreciate the time, effort and expertise..but even more just friends having lots of laughs..those times are so good and unfortunatly so rare in life nowadays...got the ATV ready ..will start scouting for signs of YOGI....

cheers

and so many THANKS..

Susan also says THANKS for her relaxing weekend WITHOUT me here....lol

With all that praise, guess I can raise my prices......:wink::mrgreen:

srupp
04-11-2011, 01:11 PM
About time....lol..

cheers Buddy

Steven

WesHarm
04-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Amazing photos, and even better DinoFish!!