PDA

View Full Version : Fern Lake

Darksith
04-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Are there lots of elk around fern lake? What about sheep, goats or caribou? I would assume the moose hunting is good in that area, but I'd rather take an elk.

luckynuts
04-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Curious is to why you would do a fly-in for Elk? Don't get me wrong lots of guys do it but usually are searching for MR big up in the Ketchika. Though if you hunt far and high enough you should be able to find most species you mentioned. If your dead set on elk plan a trip to Hudson's hope, chetwyn, Dawson creek or FSJ.

Bulls are 3pt and better and cows open up after the 15th of sept. Plus moose are available and so is any buck whitetail.

W.

Darksith
04-09-2011, 10:22 AM
its not simply a trip for elk, but that is a focus for some of the group. Its more about the adventure. My uncles want to do an elk hunt, myself and my buddy would love to head up into the alpine and look for Mr Big, so to combine both trips not only gives us a great adventure, but gives us a chance to find a trophy and fill the freezer.

BCrams
04-09-2011, 10:24 AM
If they want elk as such - fly into Kluachesi and you younger fellas can hit the mountains for goat / sheep.