PDA

View Full Version : Youth Hunting licence under 14 ?

Duck Tales
04-09-2011, 01:20 AM
My nephew is turning 10 in august. He's taken a real interest for waterfowling in the last 2 years. I myself am very exited to take him out for this seasons heritage days scince my kids are too young (1&3). I realize that he will not need a licence for the heritage days, but I wanted to know if a licence is required (CORE training ?) for him to continue on for the rest of the regular season. I haven't found much info on this so any input and/or knowledge would be greatly appretiated.

crazy ducker
04-09-2011, 07:03 AM
I think he can shoot under your license and only have one bag limit until he turns 14 then he needs a core

mudNblood
04-09-2011, 07:25 AM
call silvercore in delta they can give him core course at 10 years old and dad or uncle can sit in with him. Then he gets his own hunter # and his own bag limit and can put in for LEH. He will still need to be with an adult though.

mudNblood
04-09-2011, 07:26 AM
www.silvercore.ca (http://www.silvercore.ca)

digger dogger
04-09-2011, 08:04 AM
You have a better chance for group moose LEH ,if you would get the lil bugger his own HL. :-)
Plus, if you are not his favorite Uncle you will be! (i am)
Google Kent Archibald, he is a core/pal instructor in Cloverdale.
He is patient with the younger hunters.

Shooter
04-09-2011, 08:09 AM
To answer your question. He doesn't NEED a core until 14. But he CAN take the core as soon as he turns 10. If he is 10 he can get a Junior license without the core and with that he can hunt and shoot right beside you however anything that he shoots will go directly onto your bag/posession limit. If he takes his core training at 10 then he is a fully licensed hunter with all of his own bag/posession limits

250 sav
04-10-2011, 08:30 PM
What shooter said.