PDA

View Full Version : Best Grilled Salmon Ever

Deeboe
04-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Hey guys! Thought i would share with you my favorite bbq salmon recipe. Its very easy and simple and always gets killer compliments. You'll impress your woman with this one!
You will need:

-Salmon (i prefer sockeye) fillets DESKINNED
-feta cheese
-sun dried tomato pesto (comes in a jar)
-olive oil--or if you like like the bottom crispier then try grape seed oil (my fave)

Put a layer of foil on your bbq grill. Bring to temp of med to high depending on your grill. When its up to temp, use a baster and spread some olive or grape seed oil on the foil. Grape seed oil burns hotter so be careful as its a little more flammable but will make your salmon crispier.
Take your fillets (DESKINNED) and put them on the foil. Top with a layer of sun dried tomato pesto with a thickness of your choice, then top that with a later of crumbled feta. I usually cover it with a tin foil cap just to keep the heat more localized. Cook until the salmon is done--7 or 8 mins depending on thickness of the fillets-- and make sure the feta is a little melted.

I usually serve this on a bed of rice with veggies of your choice. Trust me its delicious and is fast to cook and easy to prepare. Don't forget the cold ones..... ;)

Cheers!

Weatherby Fan
04-08-2011, 11:02 PM
mmm sounds good Ill try it with some red spring,
Thanks

Sooke Hunter
04-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Great recipe.......8 min seems about right....key is DO NOT over cook.....medium rare when taken off the grill, then let it rest covered for 5 min. The best!!

Deeboe
11-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Thought i would bump this back up to the top as there was someone on here asking about salmon recipes... hope no one minds

tomahawk
11-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Great recipe.......8 min seems about right....key is DO NOT over cook.....medium rare when taken off the grill, then let it rest covered for 5 min. The best!!

Good advise all around, take them off the heat when med rare and in the 5 min set time it will be perfect and so juicy!!

lorneparker1
11-13-2011, 06:21 PM
We use the green pesto, but yes, it is a fav in our house!!