PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up!

WesHarm
04-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey guys, theres been a few posts about how nasty some places have gotten being littered with trash and crap. Just wondering if anyone wanted to set up a day or two that a bunch of us could get together and go out "Shell hunting" together with a bunch of garbage bags and clean up some place?

Post a date, and place YOU would like to spend the day cleaning up, if enough people match up why not make a day of it and meet a few new friends?!

Plincker
04-08-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm in, Squamish main, Stawamus or even Furry Cr could use a little clean up. Shoot me a PM when you're thinking of going out. Contact the Squamish dump and see if they'll waive the dump fee.

Good idea!

Steeleco
04-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Good on you guys. We`ve done a few up our end of the valley on Sylvester road. You`ll be suprised just how much crap you can find. When you go, take lots of pictures and share them with us.

WesHarm
04-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Sounds like a good place to me! im thinking last week in aprilish? Anyone free weekdays or just weekends?

keoke
04-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Harrison will need some attention after I'm done with it. I'm loading my truck with trash and driving with the tailgate down.

Some people blow my mind. The garbage that you find is some places would cost more to take it there than to go to the dump. I plan on hauling out some trash after I'm done sighting in my new rifle tomorrow in west Harrison.

BiG Boar
04-08-2011, 02:00 PM
One idea would be to organize an HBC bonfire night. Clean up the road then get rid of it! I know its not politically correct, but if this was suggested I would definitely make a night of it. Better than it just being buried in the ground IMO.

WesHarm
04-08-2011, 02:09 PM
I would totally agree... except that the plastic in that many shot gun shells would prolly poison everyone withing a 100 mile radious >.<

Common people we need more people! granted i'll probably go even if its just me But it would be alot more effective if we had some help!

sparkes3
04-08-2011, 02:13 PM
we are doing a cleanup of ladner marsh and westham forshore soon meet lots of great people and find new places to hunt waterfowl.
im also in for a cleanup on sylvester road if you guys wanna do it on a saturday

Karlolof
04-08-2011, 05:32 PM
yah i am down for a clean up....i agree harrisson fsr could use a clean up. Any place would work of course since idiots have all the same access to the back roads.
This is an awesome idea and hopefully we can get something started.

When is the ladner marsh clean up this year? missed it last year since i was away.

lip_ripper00
04-08-2011, 07:09 PM
One idea would be to organize an HBC bonfire night. Clean up the road then get rid of it! I know its not politically correct, but if this was suggested I would definitely make a night of it. Better than it just being buried in the ground IMO.

Just a suggestion wait until after May long weekend or all your work will be for not, I was up for a drive on Chelais FRS at the South end of Elbow lake and what a pig sty! As unpolitically correct as it is, the natives where up their cleaning up after the non native kids. Threw all the crap in to piles and burnt it. May not be the best way to get rid of it but at least it gets done

TheProvider
04-08-2011, 07:30 PM
I live in Squamish, if the day lands correctly for me I can spend a few hours cleaning up. Lots of places around squamish are disgusting specially squamish main.

sparkes3
04-08-2011, 07:55 PM
may 14 is the clean up day for ladner marsh 9:00 am at wellington point park boat launch.
i will be there with my boat

GRIZZEZE
04-08-2011, 08:34 PM
I usually try to pick up a few bags when I go out, but this is a really good idea.
To get some really good publicity for the site and for hunters in general take some pics of all the stuff picked up and send it into the newspaper.
If anyone is planning to head out near mission or chilliwack let me know if the day works I am in.

theK.G.B
04-08-2011, 11:18 PM
I would love to do Sylvester rd. But every time I do it the next week it looks the same. It's kinda demoralizing, but I collected about 40 pounds of brass. And o think close 110 pounds of assorted trash between 3 of us. Chip away at the stone may applie here.
But if and organized HBC bonfire was put together I would be more than happy to attend that:) and I know a few people who are not shooters or hunters. But just wanna get involved and be part of a great project

Rectifier
04-08-2011, 11:57 PM
As mentioned in the other thread me and the boys are gonna do a bit of cleanup out Sylvester this weekend... but we are mainly there to do some shooting and I then have to get back to the shop to do some overtime work, so it won't be a serious cleanup, just a couple bags of shotshells and trash

I would love to go in for the Ladner cleanup but I am out of town in May for months. Oh well I will do what I can where I can.

yamadirt 426
04-09-2011, 08:15 AM

This is the best idea. would result in the most garbage being picked up i believe. Would be like a good old fashion tire fire.

Steeleco
04-09-2011, 09:11 AM
I'd be into helping organize a Sylvester road clean up. But with the upcoming spring bear season I've a feeling it won't be well attended till late June or early July. Either way, there will be something to clean up no matter when we do it.

That said, it should only be the lower reaches of Sylvester road that need doing, the old pit has been a log sort for a spell and nobody could get past it. Thankfully!!!

WesHarm
04-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Okay! So Sunday April 17th I am going to head out to sylvester to do some clean up! Anyone who wants to join me PM me or leave a post here and we will set a time to meet up!! Bring your Friends!!

Eatmeat
04-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Im in for arrounds chilliwack harrison area.
I took out a few more bags yesterday at tamahi creek.
Im going to talk to some one at the baily land fill to see if they would let us take the debris there for free.

tackdriver
04-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Im in Deroche and always out and about usually try to pick some up all the time. Would be into helping out at any local areas ie chehalis, sylvester, east or west harrison ect. theres definetly no shortage of places to go .

pnbrock
04-10-2011, 10:55 AM
count me in for sylvester,let me know when.

WesHarm
04-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Since EVERYONE seems to want Sylvester road, and its the same distance either way for me.... I will be heading out to Sylvester Road to do some clean up on SUNDAY APRIL 17th .... If you want to meet up and go with me PM me!! Lets see how many HBC'ers we can get to go!!

IF you want to help out check this out.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?65837-Sylvester-Road-Cleanup-April-17th&p=896019#post896019

one-shot-wonder
04-10-2011, 08:30 PM

You read my mind.....All winter I pack a grocery bag along on my daily hike with the dogs. Fill the bags everytime till they burst with garbage! I am absolutely disgusted with the pigs that live in this province! Today being a weekend I had more time for a longer hike, so I chose an area farther from home (I live on the edge of town) well lets just say I didn't do much hiking.... I spent 3.5 hours around a slash pile/bon fire with everything dumped you could imagine including grass clippings, hedge clippings, fruit tree prunings, plant pots, TONS of shotgun shells, old garbage bags of course which were used to transport most of the $hat and best of all.......a damn near olympic sized pool blanket.....yep blue with all the bubbles torn all to hell went up in flames.

Needless to say today was not a wieny roasting fire but the place looks a hell of lot better afterwards, probably go back soon because on the way out I passed computer screens and CD's everywhere......

Oh and I cut a load of firewood that was littering the forest floor while I waited for the pile to burn down so all wasn't a loss!

Steeleco
04-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Closing this thread so nobody gets confused. The cleanup will be on the 23rd. There is another post that's stickied for easy finding. See you all there.