PDA

View Full Version : What week to go 8-13

LYKTOHUNT
04-07-2011, 08:25 AM
We are going to region 8-13 in Oct for a one week Mulie/Whitie hunt, we have a choice of one of three weeks, that being the week of the 10th or week of the 17th or week of the 24th.
Is there any week of those three that would be the best in terms of maybe migration patterns or weather conditions, rut or maybe even hunter populations,or anything you can think of that would make one of the three weeks better than another.

RiverOtter
04-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Depending on the year, snow is likely your biggest concern, at least for vehicle access to certain areas.

LYKTOHUNT
04-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Depending on the year, snow is likely your biggest concern, at least for vehicle access to certain areas.

Thanks ,as i have not hunted in that area before do you think the last week of October is risky as far as to much snow is concerned.( we were thinking that would be our first choice thinking that it would be closer to the rut or possibly get in some migration movement)

sarg
04-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks ,as i have not hunted in that area before do you think the last week of October is risky as far as to much snow is concerned.( we were thinking that would be our first choice thinking that it would be closer to the rut or possibly get in some migration movement)
that would have be my choice.

Singleshotneeded
04-08-2011, 12:01 AM
I'd go on the 17th from what I've seen out there...