PDA

View Full Version : north of campbell river

islander338
04-07-2011, 07:51 AM
I went trout fishing in Morton and mohan lake on monday. We caught a few small trout and had a great day. We drove to a bunch of the other lakes in the area and were disgusted with all the garbage we found. It was brutal beer cans, shotgun shells and full on have burned bags of garbage at almost every site on the lakes. We cleaned up a few of the messier ones but it was overwhelming.:evil::evil::evil:. I dont know what the solution is. All I can think of is to teach no less then 10 kids in my lifetime how to enjoy the wilderness and not shit all over it.

Trapper D
04-07-2011, 08:51 AM
I went trout fishing in Morton and mohan lake on monday. We caught a few small trout and had a great day. We drove to a bunch of the other lakes in the area and were disgusted with all the garbage we found. It was brutal beer cans, shotgun shells and full on have burned bags of garbage at almost every site on the lakes. We cleaned up a few of the messier ones but it was overwhelming.:evil::evil::evil:. I dont know what the solution is. All I can think of is to teach no less then 10 kids in my lifetime how to enjoy the wilderness and not shit all over it. read shot gun shells and beer cans, i was up in that area for 4 days and was disgusted myself, brought 3 full bags out. it used to be just around the city proximity, now its moving farther out. Campbell river city , cut back on the amount of garbage pickup at roadside, maybe this is part of the reason, but what i found was mostly hunters garbage. Pretty soon there will be gates as, this garbage becomes a fire hazard, as well as a contaminate. sad state we are in. people just dont care anymore. you think we need more people in the bush?

CVMike
04-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Good to hear you caught a couple trout, sad to hear about the amount of litter. Im heading out to strathcona dam today with the family for the weekend and am hoping to whip around the ol' flyline for a trout.