PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater Moose

Bullmoose
07-25-2006, 07:35 PM
We've hunted this area South West of Prince George for the last 6 years and it has been very good to us but the bug kill logging has devasted the area we've been going to, has anyone been in or around the 1400 road, is it a moon scape, are there any animals around??

thanks for any info

PGKris
07-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Not a clue. Haven't been down there since last summer. I'm willing to bet that between the fires and the bugkill the moosies have been pushed to the south and east of that area.

ianwuzhere
07-26-2006, 06:43 AM
Ya definately more logging- starting to remind me of wut a moon would look like- didnt see any of the burns, all down and around close to the 2300rd there arent too many trees. Yesterday seen a nice lil 3 point deer dead on blackwater road- guessin was from the loggin trucks seen rollin down- quite a few of them cruisin by...

Schmaus
07-26-2006, 11:38 AM
I don't think any of the fires affected the 1400 area they were further up the pelican up by Barton Lake. I like to go deer hunting up around the 3200 road and man its like hunting one big clearcut they really took the logs out of there. Anything that is left is dead though. That area seems to get hit very hard by hunters. Sometimes at the start of the season I will go out there and see a lot of deer but after that it seems to get harder and harder.