PDA

View Full Version : good bye lower mainland!!!

DEVILKID
04-06-2011, 06:54 AM
hello,just moved to kamloops..> need a GOOD butcher for..game,beef in 1/4s,chicken and soup bones for the kids!!

thx G

DEVILKID
04-06-2011, 07:03 AM
spell check "goodbye" lol need more coffee!!

M.Dean
04-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Cut rite Meats, out by the Airport, don't have the phone #, but it should be in the book.

DEVILKID
04-06-2011, 07:11 AM
M.Dean..thank you i will check them out!!

Piperdown
04-06-2011, 07:16 AM
Try Savona Custom meats, Stew is a great guy and loves to talk hunting

MuleyMadness
04-06-2011, 07:49 AM

X2

Yeah he's a bit further away than Cut Rite, but he is a way better butcher, and a good sausage maker. So is Jurgen at Gary's European Deli, but he has quite limited space durning hunting season.

MuleyMadness
04-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Oh and WELCOME....what brings you to the loops?

4 point
04-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Welcome to town. You'll love it here. The muley hunting is great around here ......once you figure out the where and how.

Slee
04-06-2011, 08:40 AM

X2

Yeah he's a bit further away than Cut Rite, but he is a way better butcher, and a good sausage maker. So is Jurgen at Gary's European Deli, but he has quite limited space durning hunting season.

Another vote for Stew in Savona. When I do use a butcher, he is the guy I use. Great service and does a great job on his cutting and wrapping.

Bromley
04-06-2011, 02:56 PM
the gentlemen by the airport is unreal

hillclimber
04-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Congrats on the move!!!

swampthing
04-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Kam lake view meats in cherry creek. He doesnt do game anymore but for everything else he is great. This guy can make sausage. As far as hunting, loops is awesome. Just go park somewhere, anywhere in the city and start glassing. You should see deer.

180grainer
04-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Kam lake view meats in cherry creek. He doesnt do game anymore but for everything else he is great. This guy can make sausage. As far as hunting, loops is awesome. Just go park somewhere, anywhere in the city and start glassing. You should see deer.

Well coming from a guy in PG you should know there's a lot more white tail in Kamloops than where you are....:)

MuleyMadness
04-06-2011, 06:00 PM

I forgot about Kam Lake view too....they are great as well. See if you can get some of his dry cure salami (he only does limited amounts). Your mouth will thank you. In fact for domestic meat like the OP mentioned, he would probably be my first choice...he's just not an option for wild.

Honestly though, if you have time (and you should now, cause you won't have to work 80 hour weeks to make ends meet) do your own sausage and jerky. No one says shit about you running your smoker in your backyard :)

DEVILKID
04-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Oh and WELCOME....what brings you to the loops?

thx guyz!! we moved up because we're tired of the ratt race aka "lower mainland" and we wanted better weather lol and 3 1/2 hr drive gone.. everytime i wanted too hunt!! langley was gettin too BIG!! lol so here we r..cant wait for hunting this year!!

thx again!!

beni
04-07-2011, 11:04 AM
I don't think I could recommend Cut-Rite, haven't seen anything good come out of there. I use Farm Gate in Barriere, but he gets very very busy.

And welcome to Kamloops!

weatherby_man
04-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Lucky you, you got out!!! Good luck in the loops,,,but watch out for Jelvis!!