PDA

View Full Version : PSE Chaos

sledforever
04-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey was just told that this bow would be a good place for me to start archery. Was wondering what you guys thought...
Edit: Im about 5'9 160lbs.

bcbrez
04-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Whats your draw length? And what poundage will you be pulling?

sledforever
04-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Not sure about draw length. Didn't get that measured yet. Ill probably be pulling 50lbs to get started, then move up as i get better which may not be for a year or so

Bow Walker
04-05-2011, 03:40 PM
If you're looking for an entry level bow that will definitely do the job I'd recommend this one...
http://www.pse-archery.com/products/category/Stinger%20-%20Mossy%20Oak%20Break-Up%20Infinity/445.5.1.1.86155.16550.86184.0.0

I think it's a bow that will fit you now and yet it will grow with you as you mature into the sport. Much more adjustability in this one.

Bow Walker
04-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Stand with your back to the wall - with your arms outspread, forming a "T". Get someone tomeasure from your middlwe finger on one hand to the middle finger on the other hand. Your hands are also outstretched.

Take that measurement and divide it by 2.5 That will get you within an inch of your draw length. You will need to get someone to adjust the fina draw length to your specific size, though.

sledforever
04-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the help Bow Walker. I was also looking at the Brute just above the Stinger. Would it be a better purchase taking into consideration the extra $100 price tag? Or would that be more bow than I would need as a beginner?

spreerider
04-05-2011, 06:18 PM
my gf wants a chaos, and after checking them out i would definatly say its a beginners womans/youth bow its seems small and light compared to most full size bows i have handeled

Bow Walker
04-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the help Bow Walker. I was also looking at the Brute just above the Stinger. Would it be a better purchase taking into consideration the extra $100 price tag? Or would that be more bow than I would need as a beginner?
If it isn't out of your snack bracket - Yes. The Brute would serve you better and longer than either of the above mentioned models (imho).

If it was me I'd go for the 60 lb draw weight and turn it down to 50 (or less) until you get used to shooting. Maxed out, you'd likely get around 61 or 62 lbs out of it - much more than enough for either 3D or hunting. That bow will last a lifetime if you let it.

mikeboehm
04-05-2011, 09:44 PM
I would buy the brute too, better bow than the stinger. The brute was my first bow b4 I bought an pse omen

sledforever
04-05-2011, 10:18 PM
my gf wants a chaos, and after checking them out i would definatly say its a beginners womans/youth bow its seems small and light compared to most full size bows i have handeled
Ya thats what I found as well when I was checking online. Which was why I was kinda surprised thats what they suggested. Im not the biggest or most experienced guy in the world, by any stretch but feel confident I could handle more bow than what was being bought for really young kids (some as young as 10, from what I was reading)

Mountain Man
04-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Great bow, just sold one yesterday !