PDA

View Full Version : Spenses Bridge Day trip

srupp
04-05-2011, 10:51 AM
I travelled home from Abbotsford after 2 wonderful days of Dino fishing and laughing my ass off with good folks and friends...THANKS MIKE!!!

Anyhow I woke up much too early, so on the way home spent 5 hours glassing for sheep @ Spenses Bridge from the south all the way into the town itself..

I stopped at 11 different locations grabbed a chair I had brought along and glassed the mountains and area....not the warmest of days and there was a bit of wind however final count was 47 sheep..includes ewes, lambs, rams..

Was amazed that some sheep seemed to be getting their spring coats while others looked ratty...the second thing that struck me was how different in elevation some groups were...a big difference...lots of green down along the tracks...snow up where some were...all were in groups of 2 or 3 or more..only one ram was solo...

Also suprising was , there are places during the year that you look and can usually see some "sheep" maybe not rams but sheep...

This trip 100% of all sheep seen were in places that I had not seen sheep in before, ever?????:confused::confused:...areas I would not even have thought to stop and look...but since I had the time and was spending the cost $$$ on fuel already and was there ..I did stop and was surprised...confused but surprised...

seen 4 other guys sitting with spotting scopes scanning the area...didnt recognize any of the usual suspects..:mrgreen:..all in all fun, educational and kept the eyes trained for spotting bedded sheep..///cheers
Srupp

kennyj
04-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Good idea Steven. Sounds like you had a great day of sheep watching.
kenny

hunter1947
04-06-2011, 02:19 AM
Steven thanks for your right up about your days outing your wright up tells me you had a very nice day of it ,Thanks for your story http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.png..