PDA

View Full Version : !! funny hunting story !!!

tankster
04-05-2011, 10:25 AM
About 4 or 5 years ago is when i first got into hand loading, a good freind of mine introduced me into it and i enjoyed it. my buddy was a great rifleman he went out and target practiced more then anyone i know. he loved guns and had all types but most of the time when we went hunting he would bring his .30 gib pretty much a ackley improved 30/06. he shot this rifle very well..

i remember i made a bad shot on a giant whitetail up browns cabin road up the bull river one time.. the buck was about 120 yards out in the big clearcut on the right soon as you start on the road. i jumped out of the truck layed in the ditch all i could see was parts of his body though the small jack pines i put it where his front shoulder would be and touched off. the buck took off i let 3 more fly at him while he b-lined it to the tree line we found some blood not much ther wasnt any snow so it was hard tracking so we gave up early we figured i must of just winged him.
annyways he would allways bug me about this shot. fast forward a year,,,, while out hunting one day i grabbed a handfull of his cartridges when he wasnt looking and that night took them home emptied half the powder out of them and seated the bullets back in.. i would keep these for that "rainy day"... it was almost the end of november we were hunting pickerin hills driving on the main access road and just before the
powerline and this really nice 5x5 is standing there looking down at us. i allready had my deer so as steve was getting out of the truck i said hey wait you dropped your shells and handed him the 3 "paypack" rounds.. he said o thanks and quickly took a look at them and shoved one in. i could barly contain myself.. i said take your time dont miss him. he lauged and said its 75 yards away go open the tail gate. he pulled the trigger. it went boom but it was a really shallow deep boom the deer stood there..... he looked at me then back at his gun then back at me this stunned wtf look on his face i yelled shoot again you missed he loaded another round same thing this different soft boom and the deer jumped a bit then slowly trotted away. he looked at me and said somthing is wrong thats about the time i burst out laughing... and told him what i had done. he was mad for a second then lauged it off. that was somethign i will allways remember.

Tenacious Billy
04-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Ahhhhhhh, sweet trolling thread - I hope it gets deleted.

bearhunter338-06
04-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Emptying powder out of a rifle shell is a relay smart thing to do and them get him to shoot a second shot. Real smart. What would you have done if the fist shot lodged in the barrel and when he touched off the second shot the gun blow up. I find nothing funny about this "Funny hunting story".

The Hermit
04-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Sounds like something someone with an alcohol level up around 1.9 would do! LOL

oldschoolguy
04-05-2011, 10:50 AM
It wouldn't take much powder to get the bullet all the way out. As well, if the boolit had got stuck, it wouldn't have made very much sound

04-05-2011, 10:55 AM
oh boy!
That is wrong on so many levels.
Did you go bear hunting with PG66 on April 1?

tankster
04-05-2011, 10:59 AM
baileys and coffee is a must while late season road hutning for whitttttties

bearhunter338-06
04-05-2011, 11:08 AM
baileys and coffee is a must while late season road hutning for whitttttties

And the stupidity continues

sawmill
04-05-2011, 11:23 AM
And the stupidity continues

Aye,doesn`t it just.
What if he had hit the deer but got only an inch or 2 of penetration?
And....payback?Not his fault you can`t shoot.

sawmill
04-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Sounds like something someone with an alcohol level up around 1.9 would do! LOL

And it can`t be 1.9,more like .19.You could pickle a whole elephant at 1.9 .30 is supposed to be lethal to most people.

doubled
04-05-2011, 12:37 PM
This guy is more full of sh!t than a sewage treatment plant. WTF???

hillclimber
04-05-2011, 01:17 PM
if this is true your a #$%$#% idiot. thats all i can say...IBTL

Peter Pepper
04-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Ahhhhhhh, sweet trolling thread - I hope it gets deleted.

I can see why this is a foolish act, but i don't understand the "trolling tread" comment. What does that mean? Anyone

04-05-2011, 01:43 PM
He is "Trolling" for an arguement, Trying to stir the pot.
or he is imensly ummm silly.

Whonnock Boy
04-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeah Tankster, chalk this up to being not one of the smartest things you have ever done. If you were looking for revenge you could phuck with a guys truck, lawnmower, and even his old lady. But never would you want to phuck with his child, boat, quad, tools, or rifle. That is in no particular order. An ass kicken is warranted with every one of those possessions.

tankster
04-05-2011, 01:48 PM
im not a dumbass i did a bit of research before hand and half the amount of gun powder is more then enough to eject the bullet saftly it was a good prank. i just wish i was smart enought to film it