PDA

View Full Version : Hot spot.

CanuckShooter
04-05-2011, 06:33 AM
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd486/jim13135/huntfish/elk18.jpg

Devilbear
04-05-2011, 06:43 AM
Once again, an example of the extremely racist, historically false and culturally indefensible attitude that this poster often displays here and on other forums. The avatar is absolutely unacceptable and should be "nuked" by a mod, forthwith.

If, I were to display a "White Pride" emblem here, as I would not ever consider doing as I loath and detest those whackjobs that pervert the Nordic culture they do not begin to comprehend and are NOT a part of, it would be GONE instantly and so, very probably, would I......goose, gander and all that, eh?..................

BiG Boar
04-05-2011, 06:48 AM
I would be fine if your avatar said viking pride. I sometimes imagine you wearing a helment with 2 horns and a brass breast plate as you type.

CanuckShooter
04-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Cannot handle a little Native Pride but your fine with Nazi avatars?? Curious.

If anyone of at least some little importance is offended by it, I'll glady change it out, your the first to voice a complaint and I find your opinion on issues of these types to be suspect at best.

Devilbear
04-05-2011, 07:08 AM
I AM a native Canadian and very proud of that fact; your comment about ...Nazi... is offensive and false as I have spoken out against Nazis in Canada, on this site more than any other member. If, you wish to equate me with anything to do with the Nazis, that will simply be an extension of the comments you made to and about me on 24Hr., which you apologized for here only a few months ago.....forked tongue, perhaps?

I may not be of any import to you, however, if you wish to make comments to me about Nazis, I would suggest that this is not a particularly appropriate behaviour on HBC and, you should confront me in person and try to behave in this fashion. HBC will not benefit from this and I think that you should not display such a provocative avatar as the longterm consequences may not be beneficial to you and your agenda.

WesHarm
04-05-2011, 07:14 AM
We used that forest fire pic in my multimedia class for colouring diagnosis :)

CanuckShooter
04-05-2011, 07:44 AM

It is quite an interesting picture for sure. I've always wondered if it was 'real' or photoshopped???

CanuckShooter
04-05-2011, 07:51 AM
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd486/jim13135/huntfish/hunting2010027.jpg

CanuckShooter
04-05-2011, 07:51 AM
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd486/jim13135/huntfish/hunting2010041.jpg

CanuckShooter
04-05-2011, 07:53 AM
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd486/jim13135/huntfish/Donnyhunting2002002.jpg

.330 Dakota
04-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Interesting that someone was offended by this...hmm, I am not rasist I am a realist. I believe our forfathers treated the Indians (natives) of that time horribly and that was a crime. However I think we ruined a nation of people by trying to compensate them with a cheque every month. If a native person works and earns his keep then I think he/she is great. It is the lazy, bum types I abhore. Dont get me wrong there are lots of white bums too, and the same goes for them. I just think the abuse continues on the native people by giving them "what they think they want". Lets educate their children properly and bring them into the fold in order for them to feel like they are wanted and are productive members of society. Segragation thru the use of reserves, welfare cheques and land claims is a racial act in itself...just my opinion

CanuckShooter
04-05-2011, 08:17 AM
I am surprised to get any complaint about it......some avatars on this site could be viewed as being quite controversial [ie. Nazi imagery or bikini clad girls].....methinks it's more where the complaint is coming from than anything else??

04-05-2011, 08:21 AM

There is all sorts of colors in this thread!

shadow1982
04-05-2011, 08:24 AM
There is all sorts of colors in this thread!

HAHAHA... too funny

I love how DB chooses his words so carefully...

anyways thats an amazing pic, looks photoshoped IMO

betteroffishing
04-05-2011, 08:28 AM
i too am ov vey little importance to you , but i do echo devilbears comments . " white pride " is no more nor less offensive to me than "native pride". im not sure in fact which is more offensive , your posting of it as your avtar or your failure to realise tht it is a racist emblem by its very nature. i look forward to the day where natives have enoughpride in their herritage whereas these symbols of propoganda are deemed unnecessary as it is unthinkable that natives wouldnt have pride in who they are. i seee " white power " and " native pride " symbols in very much the same light as i see the 20 something stud with an obviously small member talking obnoxiously about all his female conquests in the bar. compensating for secret insecurities. have a nice day.

Slinky Pickle
04-05-2011, 08:35 AM
From the net... so it must be true :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This photo of two elk cows surrounded by an awesome conflagration is authentic, snapped on a digital camera by U.S. Forest Service fire behavior analyst John McColgan on August 6, 2000. The location was the east fork of the Bitterroot River near Sula, Montana in the Bitterroot National Forest. "That's a once-in-a-lifetime look there," McColgan told The Missoulian after he was tracked down a month later. "I just happened to be in the right place at the right time." Because the photo was taken with a BLM-owned digital camera, it is regarded as public property and McColgan has not been allowed to profit from it.
Before McColgan was belatedly identified as the photographer, the image circulated with a number of false captions, including the erroneous claim that it was shot during the 1988 Yellowstone National Park fires. A more recent version correctly names McColgan but mistakenly claims the photo was taken in 2003.

CanuckShooter
04-05-2011, 08:36 AM
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd486/jim13135/DadFishingMay2007004.jpg

WesHarm
04-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Lol the photo isn't photoshoppd, its something to do with the colours... I cant remember all the technical stuff... but yeah it is a real photo :)

And yeah... i think the fist in your pic makes it a little "violent" looking is all, I have no problem with peacful native pride, like having a dream catcher or something... saw a guy on the bus with a hat that had a "Native Pride" with a dream catcher on it... i actually REALLY liked it :) and no I am not native.. and yes i have alot of native friends :)

Devilbear
04-05-2011, 08:38 AM
I have been at "the face" of fires far more scary than the one depicted and, believe me, it is not a "fun" experience. Once you have experienced a literal wall of flame among 500 yr. old virgin Cedar that is roaring like the mouth of hell and coming at you with a heat that will melt many metal objects as though they were plastic, you know what real gutlevel terror is like!

That said, I wish I were 25 again, to fight fire, do remote lookouts and drink gallons of beer, again! :)

CanuckShooter
04-05-2011, 08:50 AM
i too am ov vey little importance to you , but i do echo devilbears comments . " white pride " is no more nor less offensive to me than "native pride". im not sure in fact which is more offensive , your posting of it as your avtar or your failure to realise tht it is a racist emblem by its very nature. i look forward to the day where natives have enoughpride in their herritage whereas these symbols of propoganda are deemed unnecessary as it is unthinkable that natives wouldnt have pride in who they are. i seee " white power " and " native pride " symbols in very much the same light as i see the 20 something stud with an obviously small member talking obnoxiously about all his female conquests in the bar. compensating for secret insecurities. have a nice day.

Is that better? I wouldn't want to aggravate an already strained relationship. ;-)

WesHarm
04-05-2011, 08:59 AM
I really like that one Canuck :)

FlyingHigh
04-05-2011, 09:00 AM
i see no problems with having a native pride avatar. as long as i can have a white pride avatar. no, i'm not a white supremacist. i'm proud to be white, and i'm proud of my strong heritage. we can't have a double standard, as seems to be the norm in todays culture. minorities are free to make racial slurs towards white people all they want, but the moment i do it to them, i'm labeled a racist. it's bullshit. i don't care who you are, you are racist and prejudice to some degree. end of debate. i have never met a single person, ever, who did not have some kind of prejudice towards another culture.

hell, does my avatar offend anybody? tough titty. :twisted:

WesHarm
04-05-2011, 09:03 AM
I find your avatar High-larious :)

betteroffishing
04-05-2011, 09:04 AM
it is better , thanks. i did not mean any offense to you or yours , the subject was raised and as im inclined to do , i weighed in. of important note is that i have no problem with natives having pride { my beautifull, inteligent wife is metis as is her daughter -- bothof whom i love dearly} , rather i believe there is no need to advertise said pride as it advertises itself when one has it.