PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops shoot 2011

triggr31
04-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Hey guys i would just like to thank you all in Kamloops for a great shoot .I know all of us from the Hardcore Archery crew Kelowna enjoyed it. It was nice to see all the new targets and the great setup you had. you will definitely see me in the future . :-D

satalite bull
04-05-2011, 08:40 AM
x2 from me as well great shoot and i will be back next year for sure great job

Mountain Man
04-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Yep, great job !

bowhunterbruce
04-06-2011, 06:05 PM
awsome set up kamloops,loved all the shots,everyone had its own distinct challenges and add the wind made it just that better.i know i wont hunt with a bow under those types of winds .with my score lol
bhb

Andy83
04-06-2011, 10:06 PM
The Mrs. and I had a great time. See you next year.

dillybop
04-10-2011, 08:13 AM
little disappointed in prizes son took 2nd place in cubs no trophy, medal or even metioned kids are the futher of the sport they enjoy the medals and trophys its a big deal to them.

triggr31
04-10-2011, 09:44 AM
To my knowledge they gave a first prize to all the different catagories . I really dont feel you need to ugly these shoots for small stuff like this. Its fun just for kids to be able to join us on the course . All the clubs around the nation work very hard so all of us can have a place like this to shoot. We need to support these clubs not bash them for what they forgot. support the next shoot by sponsoring a prize thats what alot of us shooters do to help out.

Ruger4
04-12-2011, 06:05 AM
It would be great to see all clubs adopt the same reward format , then you may have a few more than a handful staying at the end of a shoot to see who placed where. You dont know from shoot to shoot if theres ribbons etc for the kids , adults , trad , ladies , youth , etc. I know my daughter recieved a 3rd place arrowhead plaque from Oceola Fish and Game last year that they actually mailed to her as we couldnt stay at the end.
The look on her face was worth its weight in gold. If anything , imo , and I agree with dillybop ,recognise the kids at least. At my invitational this year I handed out 1st place plaques, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons for each (entry fees helped cover the cost), the look on Scott's sons face was priceless and worth every penny when he received his trophy !

rocket
04-12-2011, 10:05 AM
just to comment on prizes for kids ( I never went to Kamloops shoot) we really need to take care of the kids the look on their faces is worth the price of the prize. Can you honestly tell me you as an adult really want a ribbon or medal.
They just get thrown in the bow case or a box. The kids will wear them for days take them to school. Most of my club adults throw them back for next year. We need to help the future generation and keep archery going. If you really need a medal as an adult maybe you need more hugs.

Mountain Man
04-12-2011, 10:59 PM
This is a interesting subject.........

I agree kids between the ages of 9-18 witch is the usually turn out should be given 1st-3rd place ribbons ect.

The one stipulation that does arise among "hockey parents" we know what types im talking about ! Is that Sally with her 50 dollar box store bow had to compete against Billy with his 500 dollar compound. There can be a huge difference in equipment among jr's. I personally find thats the hardest challenge to over come when recognizing these young archers for there accomplishments.

I know some shoots will simple give every Jr shooter a "Participation Ribbon" This way no kid is left out and mom and dad know witch kid's were 1st 2cnd 3rd. The kid that may have been dead last is all of a sudden all smiles when you give them a ribbon to take home.

Many clubs across the province recognize adults as well. Usually you see this at the two day events, but some do give awards at the single day events. I like what Grand Forks has dose, give the winners of the adult classes free admission in the form of a gift certificate to there next club shoot.