PDA

View Full Version : Which Excalibur do you use?

04-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Sorry for any other brand users out there, but I was just curious as to which model of Excalibur crossbow people are using, or what is the most preferred? A local shop was showing off their Excaliburs as well as other brands too, but....I think it may have relit my interest for them. I used to have one, a Horton, and I liked it, but due to a very long story, got rid of it.

Thanks for any input on the poll.

It would be for anything from deer, elk, moose, caribou, etc.

todbartell
04-04-2011, 09:47 PM
I don't own one, but I'd go Exomax. For the small increase in price, you get more performance and its the same size bow. Full camo riser too

satalite bull
04-05-2011, 08:51 AM
they got a pse tac 15 in at hardcore in kelowna and it flings arrows out at 400 fps shoots a loop and whisker biscuit mean lookin crossbow

bushpig slayer
04-05-2011, 09:42 AM
got the old man an exomax 4 years ago never shot one before he is now 4years = 6 deer dead every one on one shot not bad for a 73 year old, triple bullseye first time testing it out with scope the 3 bolts were half an inch from each other at 40yrds he was hooked.great buy for sure.

Mountaintop
04-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Excalibur says that every one of their hunting bows can take down any big game animal in North America. The higher poundage bows are harder on sting life and on your body when cocking, even with the aid. In the end I went into the middle and got the Exocet 200

huntwriter
04-06-2011, 10:16 PM
I shoot the Phoenix for a few years now and have no complains. I don't think deer, elk and other critters care what model you use, they are all capable of killing any game animal in BC or North America.

SMOLT333
04-07-2011, 08:01 AM
I agree with mountaintop, just got me an Exocet 200. Pleasure to shoot and easy to cock.