PDA

View Full Version : 7-41 access

little moose
04-04-2011, 06:09 PM
got a grizz draw in 7-41 ,looking to go up mid to end of may .just looking for access issues if there are any to that area? and if there is a fare amount of game in there?

moosinaround
04-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Holy, you hit the grizzly mother load there!! That is some of the best grizz country around. Seen some beauties up there a few years back! Lots of game up there, but only yer grizz and blackies to hunt though! Take a blackie too, there are some huge ones!!! Access is pretty decent, Finlay mainline up to Swannell camp, then the Finlay thompson trail starts and heads past Tsey Key Dene. The Akie, the Paul, and the Mine Rd are all wicked roads to hunt grizz on. Lots of cuts to look at, and tons of mountains and shoots to glass. Not sure of the ATV restriction though, check that out. It is a Freakin long ways from Mackenzie so take LOTS of gas, and LOTS of spare tires, and LOTS of extra food!! Leave the Booze and drugs at home if you like that type of thing, cause men have just about died up there for those items!! Be totally self sufficent, cause help is a LONG ways away!!! Have fun, it is some of the most beautiful country you can see in a pickup!! Wish I was going with you, cause I sure miss that part of the world!! Moosin

little moose
04-04-2011, 10:35 PM
thankx moosin heard it was grizz haven up there .we will be totaly self suficent .hoping to get lots of game pics and defenantly coming home with a couple blackies in our group

turbolar
05-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Hunted up there, the natives are really bad, they will steal your stuff when you leave your camp. IF you run into any of them keep your distance they are bloody nuts. They are very very dangerous people.

chinookkiller
05-25-2011, 09:19 PM
the best way hunt that area is not setting camp,sleep in the truck and drive all the way.

yugo111
05-26-2011, 12:34 AM
last time I was up there hunting we seen 9 grizz in a day and a half hunting def plan on leaving a few guys back in camp pretty wild place with some off the folks up there lol but def beautiful country

vip_ruger
05-26-2011, 12:59 AM
I spend the first year of my life at horn creek cabin i hunt up there ever fall lots of bears and good ones as stated above natives are crazy me and my hunting partner had 2 goats stolen from our camp so we learned the hard way .It is very nice up there if i was to set up camp it would be at long lake down the Paul FSR with quad u can go a ways and the mine road . Dont leave any thing in your truck because it will go missing !!! Good luck in bear haven

4 point
05-26-2011, 09:03 AM
What sad commentary to hear how respectful law abiding hunters can be treated by others.

bighorn
05-26-2011, 03:43 PM
we were up there hunting two years in a row.had no problem with the natives,just dont camp on the mainline.went into tse key dene a number of times for fuel and cigarettes.no tax fuel was way cheaper than mackenzie so were cigarettes.lots of bear sign on the mine road.not many moose around there the natives keep them thinned out.

little moose
05-26-2011, 06:43 PM
thankx guys for the advice heading out in a week good luck to any one else on a hunt!!