PDA

View Full Version : BC Amature Field Trial

Jimsue
04-04-2011, 03:19 PM
BC Amature , has there field trial this comming weekend April 9th and 10th in Pitt Medows. Its usually down by the boat launch at Pitt Lake. Just look for the field trial signs.

Kasomor
04-04-2011, 11:14 PM
BC Amature , has there field trial this comming weekend April 9th and 10th in Pitt Medows. Its usually down by the boat launch at Pitt Lake. Just look for the field trial signs.

Good luck at the trial! :-D

labguy
04-05-2011, 05:40 AM
This is a great opportunity, for all those who keep asking internet questions about how to train their retriever, to actually see what these animals are capable of.

Once they do see, they may realize that it is impossible for internet dog guru's to describe what's necessary to train a dog over the internet to anywhere near that level.

For those who are truly interested in training their retirever, you may realize that it's necessary to actually get away from the computer and get out there and meet with the people who do this or even (heaven forbid) attend a training seminar or two.

Or, you could keep getting internet advice from people you've never met whose training credentials you know nothing about, or even if they have ever actually trained a finished retriever.

Having offered to at least 3 people on this forum who were seeking training advice, the information needed to connect with people in their area who actually have a clue what their doing, and to have not one of these "advice seekers" interested enough to get off their a$$ and contact me...........I feel entitled to this little rant for the morning.

Jimsue
04-05-2011, 07:55 AM
if any members are stopping by I'd like to meet you, I'll be at the open in a white coat with a black lab............

Kasomor
04-05-2011, 08:35 AM
That's funny :mrgreen:

GoldNGun Retrievers
04-05-2011, 09:06 AM
For anyone one interested Pacific Rim Hunting Retriever Club is holding a training day in Cowichan Bay on April 9th. It will be held on the Blackley farm Dyke just past the mill. Everyone is welcome. Also, we will be holding our spring hunt test in Swallowfield on the Chemainus River estuary April 16/17.

Louise Roberts
President

hlram
04-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Jim, I'm gonna try making it down Sat.
What time dose it start?

Howard

Jimsue
04-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi Howard, just to be clear, this is in Pitt Medows. It starts around 8:00 and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Lots'oLabs
04-05-2011, 07:54 PM
We're leaving sunny California tomorrow morning and headed north (via Cabellas and Neuman and Bennetts :-D) to attend the trial. I'd also be happy to meet anybody from the forum coming out to check it out.

For those of you I already know........see you there!

Deb

Jimsue
04-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Update: it startes at 7:30 on Saturday morning, the field north east of the Pitt river bridge.

Kasomor
04-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Sooooooooooooo........................

How did it go kids??? :-D

Jimsue
04-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Well a roller coaster as usual, got the land marks fine on Saturday but picked her up on the land blind as did half the field, traffic noise and wind I think was the cause. Sunday's marks were great and a one whistle 300yrd land blind that had a poision bird thrown in for more fun. And then the water blind........... thats were Sunday ended, I had a hard time getting her in then lost her behind a point, handler error.
Debbie was there and Howard came out to watch, all in all a fun weekend. Back to Fall City Wa. next weekend, cheep beer, live flyers and a way bigger field of players. Wish us luck!

labguy
04-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Any results from the trial? open, qual jr.????????

Lots'oLabs
04-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Any results from the trial? open, qual jr.????????

Saturday Open
1st Glenn Norton & 50/50

Sunday Open Todd Fournier & Skye (title!)

Qual Bruce McDonald & Rudy

Jr. Glen Norton & Abe

labguy
04-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Saturday Open
1st Glenn Norton & 50/50

Sunday Open Todd Fournier & Skye (title!)

Qual Bruce McDonald & Rudy

Jr. Glen Norton & Abe

Those guys are lucky me and Digger weren't there. :)

Bruce and Rudy have been running very well in the states too. That's a good dog for sure.................even if it's not a Troller :shock:

Lots'oLabs
04-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Yes, Bruce and Rudy are looking pretty darn fine. Trained with them down south. Nice dog.
Ian was one of the judges. Said he looked pretty good.

Where have you been Lab Guy?
Time for you to come out and play and kick some Alberta butt!

labguy
04-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Yes, Bruce and Rudy are looking pretty darn fine. Trained with them down south. Nice dog.
Ian was one of the judges. Said he looked pretty good.

Where have you been Lab Guy?
Time for you to come out and play and kick some Alberta butt!

I'll be at the Vancouver Island Trial with both dogs so those Albertan's better watch out........ :)

We still haven't done any water work yet except for a few corner cheats, as the ice just went out l l/2 weeks ago.

It snowed here last night and it's still really friggin coooooooold.

Kasomor
04-15-2011, 10:40 AM
I'll be at the Vancouver Island Trial with both dogs so those Albertan's better watch out........ :)

We still haven't done any water work yet except for a few corner cheats, as the ice just went out l l/2 weeks ago.

It snowed here last night and it's still really friggin coooooooold.

Awe...COME ON!! Tell the truth!!

You've been playin with your new toller puppy!

Jimsue
04-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Anyone going to Logan lake for the week?