PDA

View Full Version : Lost bow Red lake rd

Kirby
04-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Lost an APA MX2 this morning on the red lake rd.

Reward for return.

PM me or e-mail me

doubled
04-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Good luck getting it back. That sucks.

shallowH2O
04-03-2011, 03:02 PM
gotta be a story that goes with that??? shitty none the less

landphil
04-03-2011, 03:37 PM
That bites - I know the feeling - some years back my old man put his chainsaw in the back of my old truck that had no tailgate, and didn't tell me - of course I didn't check the box, never saw it again after a 5km trip - and I walked both sides of that road. I hope your luck is better than mine.

Bow Walker
04-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Damn! It sucks getting old(er). I put stuff away carefully so that I don't loose it - and then can't remember where I put it!

Good luck - I hope someone does the right thing.

Darksith
04-03-2011, 04:34 PM
call the radio, maybe if they put out the word about the reward you'll get lucky.

wos
04-03-2011, 07:14 PM
That sucks I lost a wall tent stove chainsaw gerry cans and the rest of my camp once when the tailgate latch broak on my utility trailer. I know the sick feeling in your stomach you must have felt. I spent the next hour and a half riding on the back bumper of my dads truck in the pissing rain in the dark back tracking collecting my camp.

Whonnock Boy
04-03-2011, 07:36 PM
That totally sucks. The worst thing that has happened to me is after a weekend hunt I left my brand new boots beside the truck while I drove away.

It reminds me of a story an old school mate told me. Him and his hunting partner were hunting Big Bar. They were running short on supplies so a trip to Lillooet was in order. Supplies being booze and fuel. When they pulled into the gas station he walked to the back of the truck and his gun was teetering on the edge of the tail gate. The majority of their hunting gear was gone. They got what they needed and made a beeline back to their spot. The whole trip back was stop and go picking up boots, pots, cook stove, coolers, etc etc etc. They did not lose one thing. Go figure.

BCHunterTV
04-03-2011, 08:40 PM
sorry to hear about your luck

BiG Boar
04-03-2011, 08:49 PM
brutal man. Hope you get it back. I wonder where to start. are you sure it isnt in a ditch? I would cry if I lost my bow right now.

Whonnock Boy
04-03-2011, 08:57 PM
I would cry if I lost my bow right now.

Yeah, you probably would BB.

bearhunter338-06
04-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I feel for you.

I thought I would relate a store of lost thing out of the back of a truck. This took place last year (yes another buddy). My buddies tailgate had a broken strap, you know the ones that hold the tailgate from opening all the way. So here he is driving down a forestry road on his way home from a day of fishing. Now you have to know this buddy has a lead foot. When he got home he went to unload the fish and fishing gear out of the truck. Walks around to the back of the truck and everything is gone out of the truck box including the tailgate.........................I laughed for a week. When he finely told me that he hit a pot hole in the road, probably flexing the box in such away that it caused the tailgate to open and as the tailgate was coming down at the right moment hit another pothole and the taigate fell off.............I still laugh to this day about it.

Rugernator
04-03-2011, 10:58 PM
That sucks, i hope an honest person finds it. I just dont know how they would find you :(
When ever i find stuff i always return it, be it a wallet full of money or an empty one.
Might wanna print out a few pieces of paper with ur info and go nail em to a board out on the road..
Good luck on your search!

hunter1947
04-04-2011, 01:13 AM
If me I would go put up a sine at the beginning of the road and say what you stated reward etc ,this sucks big time I guess your still to young to have a seniors moment ??? ,hope you get it back good luck...

Darksith
04-04-2011, 05:27 AM
look at it this way though, at least it was just a bow and not say a huge steel filing cabinet that went flying out the back of your truck while driving up summit b/c the wife left the tail gate down, wiping out 2 cars behind you and then you getting a $600 ticket for a non secured load from the cops, plus a big old ding on your insurance.

Kirby
04-04-2011, 10:33 AM
If me I would go put up a sine at the beginning of the road and say what you stated reward etc ,this sucks big time I guess your still to young to have a seniors moment ??? ,hope you get it back good luck...

Signs are up, put them up yesterday. Going to the cop shop today to see if it was turned in.

calvin L
04-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Are you sure it is gone or did you not want to have your butt kicked in the 3d shoots this year ?

Just kidding ! I will keep my eye's open down here in the pon shops and the papers

Caveman
05-23-2011, 04:50 PM
That bites - I know the feeling - some years back my old man put his chainsaw in the back of my old truck that had no tailgate, and didn't tell me - of course I didn't check the box, never saw it again after a 5km trip - and I walked both sides of that road. I hope your luck is better than mine.

I was gifted one in that same way some time ago! Don't get excited!, I can tell by your story it's not the same one

Sorry for your loss Craig. Maybe someone will find it and come forward. I tried with the chainsaw , but to no avail

Did you get a bear though??

Jagermeister
05-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Check the pawn shops. Did you lose the whole kit and kaboodle, arrows, release, etc?

landphil
05-23-2011, 06:34 PM
I was gifted one in that same way some time ago! Don't get excited!, I can tell by your story it's not the same one

Well, wouldn't it be funny if it was a husky 2100 in region 5-01 very near to Canim falls?