PDA

View Full Version : Too get bow sight fixed or replace it?

millman911
04-02-2011, 11:28 PM
I have a apex gear nitro 6 pin and over tighten windage screw and broke it. Not sure if i should see about getting it fixed or go new. The sight is under a year old and cost $180.00. Whats your view of this. And would like to know what kind of sight to buy if i do replace. I like others that have the Axe 6 by pse had the inner cam slip. Has anyone that had this problem ever get a hold of pse and see if they will fix our problem.

Bow Walker
04-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Can't help with the cam problem, but as far as the sight is concerned...

$180.00 to me is enough that I'd try to fix the problem before scrapping it and getting a new one. If it's the screw that broke I'd take it to a machinist and get him to use a screw extractor to remove it. Then replace all the screws with tougher ones. I bet that'd be less $$$ than buying a whole new sight.

I might also look into an 'anger management' program so you don't over tighten the new screws...

Bowzone_Mikey
04-03-2011, 11:30 AM
yep ...I read that the screw broke ... extract it with an easy out or alike .. and replace ....
For the PSE axe 6 ... If I read that right the string has come off the cam..Jumped the track sort -to -speak????
Thats a common problem with those bows and the reasoning being is excessive cam lean at draw .. induced by several factors... there inturn are several ways help remedy this... first and foremost that I would check is the solid yoke ... I would twist or untwist(whatever the case may be) one side a turn or 2 to check to see if that makes a differance ... I would also look at the Cable gaurd ... they come with an offset guard if I recall correctly .. Twist that guard to give the tightest fletching clearance as possible. I am also willing to bet that you have a decent draw lenth ..29" or more ... the AXE 6 is a short A2A bow with tiny quad limbs ... that are sepseptible to twist alot more than a solid limb of the same outside to outside measurement. a longer draw with a short brace height and short A2A ... add a bit of cam lean and the Fat PSE cams that in my opinion are not deep enough tracks to begin with ... you will jump track everytime. PSE has shaved so much meat off the cams to help with the speed of the bow ... even though your string has only jumped track I would be surprised if the cam is still true and not bent

Matty_ola
04-03-2011, 11:36 AM
May as well sell it to me for 20 bucks and I'll see if it can be melted down and donated to a good cause;)

BiG Boar
04-03-2011, 12:37 PM
I believe PSE will send you new cams. They don't fix it anymore with the little metal inserts. Mine slipped and I have new cams on order. We'll see if they get here.

Ambush
04-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Post up a close up pic of the damage. At $75 - $110 an hour, it won't take much time for a machine shop to charge you the price of a new sight.

BUT, since I work in a machine shop....

Bow Walker
04-03-2011, 04:40 PM
There ya go millman911 - do you live in PG?

Ike
04-03-2011, 08:03 PM
No no I don't think there is any derailment of other broken bow nastiness here. I think the op meant that the adjustable DL module is slipping which causes the dl to change, which is really annoying.
Easiest and best cure is the $20-ish mod lockers. I think PSE has them standard on them now for 2011

cheers

millman911
04-04-2011, 08:14 AM
no I live in Lytton, Well close to Lytton. Live in the Botanie Valley.

millman911
04-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks everyone. As for the sight I`m going to call Bormans and see if they can order a replacement part. I found a mod locker to fix my cam at pimpmybow web site. Hope that will help.

Ike
04-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks everyone. As for the sight I`m going to call Bormans and see if they can order a replacement part. I found a mod locker to fix my cam at pimpmybow web site. Hope that will help.

The modlockers are worth their weight in gold. PSE is using them (or similar) on their Axe cams this year according to the website.

Cheers

millman911
04-04-2011, 09:12 AM
You would think pse would send modlockers to people having this problem. I`m not to worried about the cost for its only $15, But not happy to have to go through all the hassel of getting it.

Ike
04-04-2011, 11:04 AM
You would think pse would send modlockers to people having this problem. I`m not to worried about the cost for its only $15, But not happy to have to go through all the hassel of getting it.

I agree 100%

millman911
04-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Well talked to pse rep. He was at Boormans when i called there. He`s sending me 2011 cams to replace my 2010 cams no charge.