PDA

View Full Version : Nakusp spring bear hunt

Ol'Toyo
04-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Does anyone from the Nakusp area know when it's a good time to start hunting for black bears?
We're going to be heading out there for the first week of may. However I was in Nakusp and area a month ago and there had to be four feet of snow just off the highway. Road travel might be pretty limited. Hopefully there will be some out of the dens in the lower elevations:-D

Cheers

ufishifish2
04-03-2011, 09:49 AM
I will be hunting G-bears and Blackies there while chasing the snowline all May long.

Slee
04-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Does anyone from the Nakusp area know when it's a good time to start hunting for black bears?
We're going to be heading out there for the first week of may. However I was in Nakusp and area a month ago and there had to be four feet of snow just off the highway. Road travel might be pretty limited. Hopefully there will be some out of the dens in the lower elevations:-D

Cheers

The bears are out right now. Most of the snow will be gone by the start of May. Just look for areas that has been logged all winter. The roads will be cleared.

Ol'Toyo
04-03-2011, 06:35 PM
SSSSWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Thanks guys, I'm super stoked now, four more weeks!!!!!

358mag
04-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Summit Lake park your truck on the ski hill and glass the east facing ridge enjoy your hunt pack a good skinning knife