PDA

View Full Version : puntzi lake moose

sarg
04-02-2011, 10:15 PM
looking at putting in for my LEH at puntzi lake area, so im just seeing if the moose/deer hunting is any good in there.

hillclimber
04-02-2011, 11:21 PM
is this the one near anahim lake? if so the last 2 years my uncle has gotten drawn there for late september. first year he got a moose on the last evening. was the only bull they seen. it was very hot almost 30degrees i think one day he said. last year they didn't get anything. they tried calling and had some responses but no luck. lots of wild horses he said so make sure you know what your shooting at.. especially if you get a cow/calf tag!!!

sarg
04-03-2011, 09:38 AM
kinda, anahim is higher and further west(5-12b) then puntzi (5-12a) i'll be putting in for oct 1-14 bulls. i dont think there is a cow/calf leh there. im having a hard time trying to decide what area to put in for moose. my hunting partner is not in to moose hunting, so im looking for some where closer with decent deer hunting to.

Piperdown
04-03-2011, 11:00 AM
kinda, . my hunting partner is not in to moose hunting, so im looking for some where closer with decent deer hunting to.

Time for a new partner :)

hillclimber
04-03-2011, 11:31 AM
alright well were talking about the same lake then. just googled it. if you got any other questions and i can send my uncle an email.

sarg
04-03-2011, 11:52 AM
alright well were talking about the same lake then. just googled it. if you got any other questions and i can send my uncle an email. thanks :) my sisters good freind parents have a resort on the lake to, so i'm trying to get info out of him to.

tinhorse
04-03-2011, 12:09 PM
that area holds lots of moose. Not alot of deer from my experience in that area. If you are looking for an area with both try 5-13 or 5-14. Puntzi is a big area and if you get further back towards the mountains it is quite good.

sarg
04-03-2011, 08:20 PM
i was thinking there to (5-13,5-14)but my partner himed and homed about it, but i think we decided to try are luck with 5-02a. we know the area abit and we always seen cow/calf moose in there, and he can put in a oct doe draw there to. so we will see how it go's, card are filled out and im mailing them tomorrow, i would have like to try 5-12a but maybe next year :)

sparkes3
04-03-2011, 10:22 PM
i tried around puntzi lake two yrs ago .
2 weeks and only a few old tracks
wont be wasting my time or money there anymore