PDA

View Full Version : Any body have a copy of Turkey Hunting 101 ?

Springer
04-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Well i seem to have lost my copy of how to hunt Turkeys in Southern BC ??

So i was hoping some avid Turkey hunters on here would give me a couple pointers out of theirs.. I will have 5 days during the 3rd week of April and i plan on being somewhere between Trail ,Fruitvale , Salmo and Christina Lake. i am sure the avid guys want to get in on their birds first but I will be travelling from Alberta and this is a hunt I have never done and may never do again but i would like to give it a shot..

Thanks for any tips you have or PM's you could shoot my way.. I have shared back info on Alberta area's with other BC Hunters in the past so i am hoping some good Karma will come my way..

Thanks and Good luck to ya'all on your Spring Hunt's as well. I have enjoyed the photo's posted in the past years.

Springer
04-02-2011, 09:36 PM
OK heres a question. can an out of Province hunter purchase a licence on-line ahead of time? this would sure be nice to have in hand once i get there I am ready to go. Also do I have to go to a Government agent? Do Sporting goods stores sell them? I have only ever hunted under permit to accompany and the last time my host was actually able to purchase my licence for me since they had my application already in a month ahead.

huntwriter
04-02-2011, 11:07 PM
I looked in the BC hunting regulation synopsis and all I could find was this. "Non-residents of British Columbia hunting big game must be accompanied by either a licensed guide or a BC resident hunter that holds a permit to accompany." I could not find any mention of small game or as in the case of turkeys game birds. To be sure what applies to you it may be best to send an e-mail to the MOE or phone the conservation officer of the area you wish to hunt.

Hope this helps.

Springer
04-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Thanks Huntwriter !! i am sure the last i read was Turkey's being considered small game and for @ $125 i would be eligible to hunt them without a guide..
Monday i will make a call and get some details.

300H&H
04-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Well i seem to have lost my copy of how to hunt Turkeys in Southern BC ??

i plan on being somewhere between Trail ,Fruitvale , Salmo and Christina Lake. i am sure the avid guys want to get in on their birds first but I will be travelling from Alberta and this is a hunt I have never done and may never do again but i would like to give it a shot..

I would not go to Christina Lake unless you get well off the beaten path. I have heard that there are too many hunters. Thats where I send everyone who asks. hehehehe
Check MOE to be sure you do not need a guide or to be accompanied.
PM sent.

d6dan
04-03-2011, 10:33 AM
I would not go to Christina Lake unless you get well off the beaten path. I have heard that there are too many hunters. Thats where I send everyone who asks. hehehehe
Check MOE to be sure you do not need a guide or to be accompanied.
PM sent.

x2 You might run into some rednecks from GF that I know :shock:. They will be out in full force.

Springer
04-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up D6dan....With all those GF rednecks in the woods at the same time will make me feel right at home....