PDA

View Full Version : Murray Lake 3-13

natebavis
04-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Please looking for any info..

One of my coworkers has had a family cabin at Murray for 25 years and in that time have only had 1 theft. Small gas can, no big deal. Things have changed. In the last few months almost EVERY single cabin has been broken into, some multiple times!!

Items Stolen: 2 Snowmobiles/Chainsaws/Log splitter/Generators/Dirt Bike, these are some of the big ticket items with lots of smaller items. The thieves have also been taking food aluminum ,copper and loaded up a stolen canoe with all the stuff and towed it out via sleds. Pretty ballsy.

Coquihalla lakes lodge and other cabins from hope to merritt have been getting hit. One of the cabins at Murray lake set up a camera and have limited vision of someone stealing stuff recorded. I have been authorized to make $500 cash award to information leading to arrest or...?????...

Singleshotneeded
04-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Unless you have a custodian staying there through the winter with a repeating 12 gauge, the best plan is not to leave anything but cheap cooking equipment and salt n pepper in the remote cabins. In the old days on Babine Lake, the cabin door was open from one year to the next and nothing was touched, these days the human garbage will steal your underwear if you're not currently wearing it. :-) Like they're in desperate need if they own snowmobiles! Do the world a favour and if you find them, shoot, shovel, and shut up...

troutseeker
04-02-2011, 12:19 PM
I hate damn crackheads! And of course all the enablers out there that import and sell cocaine...

Sako 300 win mag
04-02-2011, 07:11 PM
My buddy has a place up there he is a member on here and they were broken into as well . The only shitty thing about cameras is you get to see the *******s ripping you off ! Locks and chain link only keep out us honest folks ! If they want it they will get it .

Gunner
04-02-2011, 07:17 PM
In the old days Murray Lake used to be a great place.It's to close to town and to easy to get to now...... Gunner

Kyle84
04-02-2011, 10:48 PM
What a shame, i really like Murray. Great fishing. A friend owns a place on the water. I'll ask him if hes been hit.

Whonnock Boy
04-02-2011, 11:19 PM
I have nothing to add to this thread other than thieves suck!!
Quick question. What exit do you take to get to Murray lake.

Steeleco
04-02-2011, 11:55 PM
The short way in you'll take the Julliet creek exit, the long way take the Coldwater exit. It really sucks when some looser takes our stuff. Must have some balls, lots of places to hide dead thieves out there.

Whonnock Boy
04-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks Steelco!

fearnodeer
04-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Over the years i have had approx 25,000.00 in tools & equipment stolen and everytime all the R.C.M.P want to do is give me a referance # for insurance. Once people witnessed my stuff being stolen and when i phoned the R.C.M.P they would not even take a description of the people or their truck, and i called within 20 minutes of this happening. Thieves have it made even when they are caught they get away with-it

Singleshotneeded
04-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Buy a good shovel and practice your shooting...

WesHarm
04-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Yeah its rediculous how often the police will just say "Well unfortunately its gone" ... and here i thought if i moved out into the bush i'd be able to get away from all this crap....

CanuckShooter
04-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Over the years i have had approx 25,000.00 in tools & equipment stolen and everytime all the R.C.M.P want to do is give me a referance # for insurance. Once people witnessed my stuff being stolen and when i phoned the R.C.M.P they would not even take a description of the people or their truck, and i called within 20 minutes of this happening. Thieves have it made even when they are caught they get away with-it

A couple got mugged in Prince George recently, cops caught the mugger.........they drove him a couple of blocks away from the scene and released him. NO BS!!!!