PDA

View Full Version : lookin for a turkey guide?

meat eater
04-01-2011, 09:41 PM
this might be a outrageous question but i would really liike to get out on a turkey hunt! i have never had the chance to get out before and know nothing about it. i am willing to give u my birds if we happen to get some!! just really looking for some knowledge about the sport. i live in merritt so anywhere that is near kelowna area would be just fine!

300H&H
04-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Maybe.

Do you have a area you know holds turkeys ?
If you do I would be happy to do the calling for you.
I will check some of my areas this weekend and post the info.

meat eater
04-04-2011, 02:57 PM
no i don't know of any area's. i'm as green as a blade of grass. i don't even know where to start. i just thought it would be a neat thing to learn to hunt. i figure i will have to travel somewhere over by kelowna to start looking for area's.

300H&H
04-05-2011, 12:23 PM
no i don't know of any area's. i'm as green as a blade of grass. i don't even know where to start. i just thought it would be a neat thing to learn to hunt. i figure i will have to travel somewhere over by kelowna to start looking for area's.

Kelowna is not the "best" area in the interior.
Where are you coming from ?

Singleshotneeded
04-05-2011, 12:34 PM
If you're looking for turkeys you'll have to get over to Christina Lake at least, there's a few of them in the South Okanagan but you'd probably have to get some landowner's permission. Creston still has the highest population of the sneaky little buggers.

J_Scott
04-05-2011, 06:51 PM
I'd love to go as well. Here in Vancouver it's quite a trek to get to the Turkey areas, can't really do any scouting and don't know where to start when it comes to asking landowners permission. ;)

Too bad too. I'd love to go this year.

300H&H
04-11-2011, 06:34 PM
I'd love to go as well. Here in Vancouver it's quite a trek to get to the Turkey areas, can't really do any scouting and don't know where to start when it comes to asking landowners permission. ;)

It is tough to get permission.
I talk to locals when ever I go out.
They are usually helpful with where to find the turkeys.
Go to corner stores or cafes and just chat about it.
if your spending $$$ in their business, they are more helpful.
If your stuck for a place just PM me.
Then send a bottle of Crown Royal if you get your tom. ; )