PDA

View Full Version : Annual Fishing License should be valid for a year!!!

Spy
04-01-2011, 06:33 PM
So what's up with the fishing licenses That are only Valid Until 31 March!!!:confused::confused:I bought a "ANNUAL" License on the 23 May 2010 should it not expire on the 23 May 2011?:confused:

If it is is an ANNUAL License should it not be Valid for a full year from the day of purchase?
I feel I am been ripped off does anyone else feel like I do?:confused:

landphil
04-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Buy it april 1st and get more value from you dollar. I like that it's easy to remember the expiry date, same with hunting licenses.

Bucks&Ducks
04-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Buy it april 1st and get more value from you dollar. I like that it's easy to remember the expiry date, same with hunting licenses.

what he said, buy everything on one day, tidal, freshwater, hunting and dont worry about it for another year

Kyle84
04-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Always has expired on March 31, same with hunting licenses.

Spy
04-01-2011, 06:38 PM

What if I only want to go fishing in May or June Why should I buy one in April & lose out on a couple months?

urbanhermit
04-01-2011, 06:39 PM
are you thinking a pro rated licence?

Gateholio
04-01-2011, 06:47 PM
This must be an April Fools thread???

Spy
04-01-2011, 06:51 PM
are you thinking a pro rated licence?

I see it as pretty simple You buy a license on the 01 Jan or Feb & the license expires the following year on the same day! Why does it have to end on the 31March?

landphil
04-01-2011, 06:55 PM
What if I only want to go fishing in May or June Why should I buy one in April & lose out on a couple months?

You wouldn't losing out on a couple months if you don't fish in april anyway. The other option would be 1 day, 3 day..., licenses, but "losing out" an a month or two is a heck of a lot better deal.

urbanhermit
04-01-2011, 06:55 PM
seems easier when they synchro everything, doubt they would change it.

Spy
04-01-2011, 07:01 PM
seems easier when they synchro everything, doubt they would change it.

Easier for them not me,I want the full bang for my buck If I buy something that says Annual then I want it to last a full year!

Whonnock Boy
04-01-2011, 07:06 PM
I think if you were standing in front of me Spy, I would want to yell at you. Buy your license on April 1st once and continue to renew on said date and then you will get the most bang for your buck. Problem solved. I don't know whether to put a smiley or evil, so I put both. :-D:evil:

Spy
04-01-2011, 07:13 PM
I think if you were standing in front of me Spy, I would want to yell at you. Buy your license on April 1st once and continue to renew on said date and then you will get the most bang for your buck. Problem solved. I don't know whether to put a smiley or evil, so I put both. :-D:evil:
I feel your frustration with me! But seriously In todays times Why can't I buy something that says Annual any time I want & have it last a year? What is the big deal?

bushape
04-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Called the financial fiscal year.

Spy
04-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Called the financial fiscal year.
Yup That is the conclusion I came to!

Gateholio
04-02-2011, 03:20 AM
I guess this wasn't an April Fool thread....

So much fail...:)

CanuckShooter
04-02-2011, 05:28 AM
Easier for them not me,I want the full bang for my buck If I buy something that says Annual then I want it to last a full year!

I would like to be able to buy my fresh water license every 5 years and have it recorded on my drivers license...would save me pissing around with a 8x11 sheet of paper [some dough head thought was a good idea].:-D

brazen
04-02-2011, 06:38 AM
Yep, nothing is wallet size! Have to carry a whole new extra wallet in BC for licenses and certifications. Going to need more pockets! I am wondering if you bought a paper fishing license, can you still re-print an 'e-license' from the internet if it needs replacing.

solanderdog
04-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Yes, you can login and reprint it. You can also download the license as a PDF and print it as many times as you need to that way.

CanuckShooter
04-02-2011, 06:59 AM
Yep, nothing is wallet size! Have to carry a whole new extra wallet in BC for licenses and certifications. Going to need more pockets! I am wondering if you bought a paper fishing license, can you still re-print an 'e-license' from the internet if it needs replacing.

You don't need a wallet sized paper...you just need a man-purse!! ;-)

Put my fish license and PAL on my drivers license...would save thousands in costs...if our governments can snuggle up for HST they should be able to figure out how to amalgamate these tiresome systems.....

Tripitaka
04-02-2011, 09:46 AM
I bought a 12 month licence in January 2011. I knew it expired in March. Money goes to good projects like stocking programs so I have no beef and it is for a good cause IMHO. I did hold off buying a saltwater licence until yesterday though.

I just print my freshwater on one side of a page and my saltwater on the other. 1 sheet, 2 licences.

steel_ram
04-02-2011, 11:45 AM
I bought a Steelhead tag on March 21. $25 for just over a week, but I finally had some days off. Seems expensive for a days fishing, but compare it to other sports, ie. golf, skiing or even a show out, it`s a pretty good bargain. It does seem that April 1st is pretty expensive with all the things that come due and I don`t see why it would be such a big deal in this technological day and age to have licences good from day of purchase.

Fisher-Dude
04-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Maybe if the OP goes fishing and can't catch a fish he should get a full refund too.

goatdancer
04-02-2011, 01:30 PM
I feel your frustration with me! But seriously In todays times Why can't I buy something that says Annual any time I want & have it last a year? What is the big deal?

Suck it up buttercup. There are a lot of more important things to gripe about.

CanuckShooter
04-02-2011, 01:53 PM

You can, just buy it April 1st......not really that hard to figure out. ;-)

Downwind
04-02-2011, 07:40 PM
So if you aren't going to fish for those two months anyways what difference does it make? You still aren't using it for those months so how are you getting any more value? Your argument doesn't make sense.

Wood butcher
04-03-2011, 07:24 AM
I'll get a year out of my licence's, bought them yesterday. Same time I buy them every year.

30 bucks for basically all the seafood you need or could want for the year. I'm suprized it is not 5 times the cost. I think that we here in BC have it pretty good. If you think your not getting the value for you money don't buy one and stay home. I don't mind when I don't have to share :-D

You could take up golf but one round is more than you'll pay for an annual licence and it's only good for one day.

Fisher-Dude
04-03-2011, 09:09 AM
You don't need a wallet sized paper...you just need a man-purse!! ;-)

Put my fish license and PAL on my drivers license...would save thousands in costs...if our governments can snuggle up for HST they should be able to figure out how to amalgamate these tiresome systems.....

So when the cops confiscate your driver's licence for speeding +40 kmh to your fishin' hole, you won't be able to fish or hunt for 90 days either? CS fail.

Sleep Robber
04-03-2011, 10:39 AM
If you take your ol'lady to the movies it cost about 50 bucks or so and only lasts a couple of hours. Whats the big deal here, pay up and quit your whining. I can't believe people like this, sniveling about that little amount of money to have a years fun at will in the most beautiful place on earth.

A round of golf in BC {depending on where you play}= $50-$100

A daily lift ticket for a ski hill {"........................."} $50 plus

A round of beer for your table at your local watering hole $25 give or take

A full year of angling for a measly amount of moola = PRICELESS

Give your head a shake pal !!!!!!!!! :-? :confused:

Singleshotneeded
04-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Ummmm, this thread was reeeeaaaaly stupid, dontcha think? Duh, hunting and fishing licences. you go to da sportin' goods store and you buy yer fishin' n huntin' licenseeees on da first day of April. Do dat evereee year, and dey last a whole year dude!

killer
04-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Could be worse,myself and three friends went prawning off chemainus yesterday . Myself and a unnamed friend both got licenses at the home hardware in ladysmith ,carried on down to the boat ramp .We caught our limit checked our first crab trap nada ,second nada,unnamed friend decides that if he pulls last trap there will be crab in it.Well buddy hooks the line around the puller steps on rope and falls threequarters out of boat ,myself and another buddy yank him back in and begin laughing so hard we almost cried.We got him dried off and some other clothes on this is when he figures out he lost his wallet overboard,we think it might be a new record for fastest to loose a annual saltwater license about 5 hrs.Man it was funny there was no crabs in that trap either.