PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

farside
04-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Brand spanky new bow, can't get to Bucky's for help tuneing. Been trying for well over 2 months to get to Duncan but too frickin busy.:(

I know how to sight in and all but could someone donate a little time to help make sure my arrows are all flying proper. That I do not know how to do.:confused:

Any help appreciated!

Nanaimo F&G works just fine.

Vader
04-01-2011, 06:12 PM
You learn nothing by having someone do it for you. If the setup goes out of whack and there is no one there to help you.. well the hunt ends til you get help. Don't want to sound condescending but you need to do a lot of reading. If, after trying everything, you still can't get good arrow flight then read some more or head to a shop. Google for eastons bow tuning guide with particluar attention to paper tuning.. good place to start and then try a google for walk back tuning. If you have a bow square and some knock pliers or know how to tie a d-loop it's fairly straight forward on how to set the bow up. It's the adjustments that need particular attention to detail. You tube has a lot of video's for set up as well.
Good luck. There is no easy way in archery.. We are all busy but we do take time to tune the bows and ourselves... it is a must.

Bowzone_Mikey
04-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Google is a wonderfull tool .....
go to www.google.com (http://www.google.com)

search bow setup ... click videos ....
learn

now that said I learned from some of the best in the biz .... but I took the the time to learn and spent many hours in proshops doing it .... those vids are decent and I have been trained by some guys in those vids as well ... GRIV, LeEarl are the 2 most prominant ones there

Bow Walker
04-02-2011, 09:58 AM
PM Bow Sitter - ask him to meet you at NFG for a practice session - he'll help you.

If he says he's too busy - call BS - and tell him I told you to get in touch with him.