PDA

View Full Version : I heard that L.E.H.'S are out !

grizzlydueck
03-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Going to get me a grizz Leh ! Oh yeah baby!

03-31-2011, 10:45 PM
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html

looks like you're right.

Looks like i know where I'll be headed tomorrow!

leadpillproductions
03-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Time to make some decisions.

Moosehunter64
03-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Doesn`t look like much has changed from last year.

Caribou_lou
03-31-2011, 11:47 PM
I've been trying to find last years Synopsis so I can compare them. Does anyone have a link for it. All I can find is this years.
Thanks

Darksith
04-01-2011, 03:39 AM
I was sure this was gonna be a lame attempt at and april 1 joke, glad I opened the post!

hunter1947
04-01-2011, 04:00 AM
I assure you that I will be putting in for a different area for Griz for this falls LEH they closed the area I put in for this springs LEH hunt ,will keep on top of it this year they might open up the area I put in for on the new LEH regs that just came out ???.

fearnodeer
04-01-2011, 05:53 AM
You are correct the synopsis are are line, can't wait for the draw.

tonywtc
04-01-2011, 06:38 AM
I wasn't going to put in for LEH with this being my first year hunting and all.... but the temptation of getting a Bull Moose is too much... I think I will go for it this year.

CanuckShooter
04-01-2011, 07:00 AM
LEH is for suckers...nothing more than voluntary taxation. LOL

moosinaround
04-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Where's your LOL or ;)???

4 point
04-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Odds of winning still the same for most of us....low. But hey without a ticket you can't win. I'll pick up and few entires, check the regs, enter andwait for the draw....and hope, pray, cross my fingers etc. etc. and hope for something this year.

shadow1982
04-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I've been trying to find last years Synopsis so I can compare them. Does anyone have a link for it. All I can find is this years.
Thanks

Here is last yrs

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/docs/leh_10_11.pdf

04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Just went to the Govt Agent today. I picked up some cards, but the Synopsis, she said, won't be out in paper until May.....

Drillbit
04-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Tony
If you are a first time applier, be prepeared to get what you apply for. Every first timer I know got an LEH.

Caribou_lou
04-01-2011, 04:54 PM
I just came back from our MOE office today, I was very concerned when I saw that this years numbers for the Babine mountains in region 6. Over the past 3 years we have been on a decline in authorizations. 2009 (25 permits), 2010 (15permits), and now 2011 (1 permit). I actually thought it was a typo! Not so. We have questioned MOE and there inability to properly manage and provide hunting opportunities to resident hunters. This is a prime example. There is over 400 goats in this range. How do you justify only putting out 1 permit?

CanuckShooter
04-01-2011, 05:07 PM
I just came back from our MOE office today, I was very concerned when I saw that this years numbers for the Babine mountains in region 6. Over the past 3 years we have been on a decline in authorizations. 2009 (25 permits), 2010 (15permits), and now 2011 (1 permit). I actually thought it was a typo! Not so. We have questioned MOE and there inability to properly manage and provide hunting opportunities to resident hunters. This is a prime example. There is over 400 goats in this range. How do you justify only putting out 1 permit?

How many are going to the guides in this MU???

CanuckShooter
04-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Tony
If you are a first time applier, be prepeared to get what you apply for. Every first timer I know got an LEH.

That's bogus....everyone will tell you the draws are totally random!!! A first time applicant has no more chances of being drawn than you or I. ;-)

Caribou_lou
04-01-2011, 10:40 PM
How many are going to the guides in this MU???

I believe they take at least 2 a year. 3 at most.

McSledder
04-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Tony

I didnt get any of the draws I put in for my first year (last year)

Singleshotneeded
04-02-2011, 01:47 AM
The cards are out but the paper LEH isn't available until April 15, is what I was told. For you newbies, if the odds of being drawn are single digits, you can figure on getting a draw every few years. If they're in the teens, realistically maybe once a decade, maybe a second time if you're a lucky guy...and if they're well into the 20s, 30s, etc, then maybe once or twice in your hunting career. Good luck everyone, what the heck, we buy lottery tickets too, right? :-)

Darksith
04-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Im still amazed that they haven't gone with a digital option for the LEH's. Especially if they are trying to save money in ways like not mailing out notifications of unsuccessful draws. Just thinking of all the time it would save them having to manually enter all the cards into the system is mind boggling. It honestly wouldn't even be that hard to setup. Pay via credit card, there wouldn't be any commissions taken by vendors, etc etc. I wonder how many more years until it happens, I'd bet next year it will be phased in, and having the option to buy them through a vendor or do them online is a win win for all of us and the gov.

Whonnock Boy
04-02-2011, 10:17 AM
I wonder how many more years until it happens, I'd bet next year it will be phased in, and having the option to buy them through a vendor or do them online is a win win for all of us and the gov.

Page 3

WHAT IS UP FOR 2012?
To improve customer service and LEH
application processing effi ciency, offi cial LEH
application purchase and completion will be
available online in the near future. One year
after this service becomes available, hardcopy
LEH application cards will NOT be accepted.

Fisher-Dude
04-02-2011, 11:18 AM
For you newbies, if the odds of being drawn are single digits, you can figure on getting a draw every few years.

Well, kinda. One needs to keep in mind that odds of 5:1 means that every year, you have an 80% chance of not being drawn. You will always have an 80% chance of not getting drawn.

Singleshotneeded
04-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Lol, Fisher-Dude, I was trying to sound as positive as possible, by saying "few"...there is a good chance
of being drawn every 3-6 years if the odds are single digits... If it's 33-1 like this moose spot I know of is close by,
then the fleas of a thousand camels will probably infest your armpits before you get drawn! Does anyone know if
there's much in the way of elk in the West Kootenays or are you MUCH better off trying the East Koots?
Darksith, the ministry had to wait until computers were so common that the old timers that regard them as funny
looking paperweights would know someone that had one, and could get them to make their LEH applications.

Cyrus
04-02-2011, 12:24 PM
I got drawn last year and don't expect to get another again for about 10 or so years...but can't get drawn if you don't put your name in!

Camp Cook
04-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks for posting that they are out...

I think I will apply for a few LEH draws again this year and if I do not score one no biggie you won't see any whining coming from me...

:mrgreen:

Doe Eyes
04-02-2011, 07:29 PM
My cards are already in the mail!

Glassman
04-02-2011, 08:47 PM
I didnt get any of the draws I put in for my first year (last year)
4 years ago my boys got most of what they put in for in their 1st year. 2 moose, 1 elk, 2 mulies, and 2 whities. Since then only 1 elk.

jml11
04-02-2011, 09:23 PM

Any idea what the harvest rates have been? Are nannies being killed?

x-hare
04-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Oh Goody another year of SFA :)

Caribou_lou
04-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Any idea what the harvest rates have been? Are nannies being killed?

We were at 25 and they knocked us back to 15. The reason for that was harvest of a few nannies that year. If I remember right it was 3 out of 10 goats harvested in 2009 were nannies. 2010 they had 15 tags and another 10 were harvested. Not sure how many nannies. 2 I know of. But to go to 1 tag where there is a very healthy goat population is ridiculous if you ask me.

boothcreek
04-03-2011, 08:23 AM
4 years ago my boys got most of what they put in for in their 1st year. 2 moose, 1 elk, 2 mulies, and 2 whities. Since then only 1 elk.

Wow thats lucky, last year was my first year hunting/entering in leh and i got nothing. Maybe this year. Will be entering for different things this year and see if I get lucky.

flyhigh_206
04-03-2011, 11:02 PM
LIMITED ENTRY ARE ONLINE NOW JUST CHECKED 5 MINUTES AGO!!!!!! Not a joke lol

BiG Boar
04-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Nothing to get excited about really. None of the odds went way in our favour. I really am glad people dont understand how the LEH system works. Makes getting the draws even easier. I can't believe some of the peoples understanding of this system. Get a clue....actually dont.

Caribou_lou
04-04-2011, 06:12 AM
Nothing to get excited about really. None of the odds went way in our favour. I really am glad people dont understand how the LEH system works. Makes getting the draws even easier. I can't believe some of the peoples understanding of this system. Get a clue....actually dont.

But its those that don't understand... Seem to get all the Draws!

GoatGuy
04-04-2011, 08:55 AM
The cards are out but the paper LEH isn't available until April 15, is what I was told. For you newbies, if the odds of being drawn are single digits, you can figure on getting a draw every few years. If they're in the teens, realistically maybe once a decade, maybe a second time if you're a lucky guy...and if they're well into the 20s, 30s, etc, then maybe once or twice in your hunting career. Good luck everyone, what the heck, we buy lottery tickets too, right? :-)

This is not exactly realistic. What you're saying is extremely optimistic and if putting in for several draws at these odds, completely unrealistic.

Basically, if you're putting in for draws that are more than 2:1 don't count on LEH for your hunting opportunities.

aliagha
04-10-2011, 10:38 PM
is the hard copy of L.E.H synopsis out yet?? will it be available at walmart??

olharley guy
04-11-2011, 06:49 AM
Howdy, Exeter sports in 100 mile had everything on Friday. Later

springpin
04-11-2011, 06:55 AM
Yes, the hard copy of the regs are out, got mine last week.

luckofthedraw
04-11-2011, 07:00 AM
I picked up the hard copy at walmart yesterday.