PDA

View Full Version : New esee 4!

Ciskman
03-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Bought myself one of these knives from Paul at Bushcraft Canada. First of I must say he has exceptional customer service and I won't hesitate to deal with him again.

I did a lot of shopping around and was looking for an "all around" knife for camp chores/survival. I is a solid well balanced knife. It weighs 7.4oz(off the ESEE site) 9.0 inches long with a 4.5 inch blade. It sliced through paper right out of the box, but wasnt "shave your arm" sharp( it is a relatively thick blade)

I did some light battoning with it today and it performed flawlesly. Maybe a little big for cleaning game but I do intend to give it a try this fall. I plan to put this knife through its paces at home and at work(military SAR) and will drop updates if it does anything spectacular.

Heres a couple of pics of this beauty. I added my SOG multitool to the sheath..looks cool but might be a bit heavy:-?

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/annie_cory/spring2011022.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/annie_cory/spring2011024.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/annie_cory/spring2011026.jpg

aironly
03-30-2011, 09:14 PM
I have the izula and the rc-5 and just love them

Bow Walker
03-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Great looking tool Ciskman.

Question, do people (or you, being a 'professional) actually use the lanyard when you're using the knife?

Ciskman
04-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Great looking tool Ciskman.

Question, do people (or you, being a 'professional) actually use the lanyard when you're using the knife?

Ive only ever used a laynard will on the side of a cliff or near an open aircraft door...and only so I dont drop my knife to its death, but for general use it just seems to get in the way.

Bow Walker
04-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks.

303Brit
04-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Ive only ever used a laynard will on the side of a cliff or near an open aircraft door...and only so I dont drop my knife to its death, but for general use it just seems to get in the way.

Cause we all know that SAR Techs are infamous for dropping shat from planes ;). Nice looking blade
As for using lanyards, they have their places like Ciskman mentioned. Another good one is on the boat, or diving ;)

Bow Walker
04-01-2011, 04:56 PM
When I was active in SCUBA, I did have a lanyard on my 10" chisel-tipped dive knife. Used it a lot and never lost a knife. Hunting knives are different for me. Being an ex-meat cutter I'm used to hanging onto a blade when using it and knowing where it I put it down. Just don't see the need for lanyards when on land - unless you're hanging from a cliff maybe.

303Brit
04-01-2011, 07:36 PM
When I was active in SCUBA, I did have a lanyard on my 10" chisel-tipped dive knife. Used it a lot and never lost a knife. Hunting knives are different for me. Being an ex-meat cutter I'm used to hanging onto a blade when using it and knowing where it I put it down. Just don't see the need for lanyards when on land - unless you're hanging from a cliff maybe.

Ya thats pretty much how it goes, more to prevent it from falling off/out of something then anything else.

Ciskman
04-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Cause we all know that SAR Techs are infamous for dropping shat from planes ;). Nice looking blade
As for using lanyards, they have their places like Ciskman mentioned. Another good one is on the boat, or diving ;)

Dood! HAHA Dont make me ask "special treatment" for you on selection:mrgreen: I better not here about you not getting your app in this year!

303Brit
04-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Dood! HAHA Dont make me ask "special treatment" for you on selection:mrgreen: I better not here about you not getting your app in this year!

If special treatment means i get to skip the pre-selection pt test and just go right to the lake then I'm down for some special treatment ;)

Ciskman
04-01-2011, 08:33 PM
If special treatment means i get to skip the pre-selection pt test and just go right to the lake then I'm down for some special treatment ;)

Brother I wish I actually had influence on the process...we need some good guys round here. Best wishes on your application.

303Brit
04-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Brother I wish I actually had influence on the process...we need some good guys round here. Best wishes on your application.

Thanks brutha

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
04-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Nice , i want one .