PDA

View Full Version : Sum up your 2010 hunting season!

mudNblood
03-29-2011, 07:13 PM
With LEH's comin round the bend, we have a little time left to reflect on 2010. For some of us, once the 2011 draws results are out, it's planning time and 2010 is forgotten about until we're around the campfire sometime next sept/october. We had a great 2010 season considering we only mustered up two outings that yeilded one young bison and a beauty of a mature bull moose on the first and a second bull and two nice 4point muleys on the second outing. We were fortunate to connect on both outings. How would you sum up your 2010 season?
Cheers,
Mudnblood

Steeleco
03-29-2011, 07:16 PM
A complete success. My 11 year old daughter got here first and my 14 year old son got his 4th and biggest deer so far. Dad even cut his doe tag too.

Eatmeat
03-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Work, work, work. Only managed to get out a few times for day hunts. No dice.... Hope this year is better.

untilthelastbeat
03-29-2011, 07:20 PM
over all i had a good season in 2010. Downed my first moose which was the highlight of my year. Realy nice mature bull. Got a respectable 300 plus lb blackbear in the spring and had to settle for a small spiker blacktail on the last week of deer season. the fog just killed my deer hunts but you cant controll the weather right. also realized late in the season that i was getting over confident and moving too quick and not being as cautious as i should so i think that contributed to me not shooting any deecent bucks this year. oh well, il have to get my head straigh and get back to the silent stalking for 2011.

tuffteddyb
03-29-2011, 07:29 PM
was a awesome year!
i also got my first moose,wasnt huge,but i really pleased with him!
hunted my butt off for my leh doe but to no success.figure i used up all my luck on the moose.lol!
so had a great 10 day hunting trip,seen a lot of new country,heard of a new area we havent been to before so going to try to get there next year.
as for our new species to hunt for next year?maybe a black bear,elk still on the list,so is a whitetail.
but any outing into the bush is a sucess,getting game is just a bonus.

todbartell
03-29-2011, 07:30 PM
hunted quite a bit. Seen some new country, was right beside my 13 yr old cousin when he hammered a nice 6pt bull elk @ 15 steps. Passed on a small whitey buck, other than that it was pretty mundane season!

frenchbar
03-29-2011, 07:33 PM
4 blue grouse at a cost of about 250.00 a bird:mrgreen:......and no im not kidding:) got out lots and enjoyed the great outdoors.

d6dan
03-29-2011, 07:34 PM
A great 2010 season, 2 whitetails, 1 blacktail and a leh late season elk. It will be tough to beat this year.:-D

keoke
03-29-2011, 07:35 PM
2010 I got my first rifle, taught myself how to hunt from HBC. Then I got my first black bear, first deer and lots of ducks. I still have meat in the freezer so it was a great first year hunting.

sarg
03-29-2011, 07:37 PM
it was a bust for me, i got out for 2 one week trips(sept/oct) and a few day trips. but didnt get to shot anything big(except spring bear), i got about 10 grouse , 3 rabbits and a spring black bear that was my year. but missed a nice 3x4wt, just wasnt fast enough,but it was my first time hunting wt, 2011 will be better. im going to get my first blacktails buck and my first 6 point elk,(finger crossed. lol)

mudNblood
03-29-2011, 07:37 PM
you gotta love hearing about the young guns getting out there and eventually getting the shot. One day they will be hauling our geriatric buts out there!!

betteroffishing
03-29-2011, 07:40 PM
got my biggest / oldest buck of my hunting life. had some great times with family and freinds . completed my first homemade euro mounted deer , all in all my best season yet.

moosinaround
03-29-2011, 07:40 PM
One of my most memorable hunting seasons ever!! Shot a moose with my son and Dad a first ever!!!, another moose with my son and father in law, and a calf moose with my son. Then went and bagged a beauty whitetail buck in a late November hunt in the Peace. Can't say I will forget 2010 anytime soon. BUT bring on 2011, my buddies have spring Grizz draws, and my son and I will look for his first big game kill, a blackie! If the LEH gods smile down, maybe a moose, and a Bison?? and I am putting in for the Vancouver Isl elk draw!! At any rate, 2011 will consist of a lot of days in the field, starting as soon as the snow is gone. I have a big ole 7-12 mulie that keeps me awake at nights to find!! Moosin

RJ
03-29-2011, 07:42 PM
To sum it up - too much work and not enough hunt. This year's going to be different!

mudNblood
03-29-2011, 07:44 PM
you can learn a ton from HBCer's. I went into my first bison hunt a lot more prepared than I would have been, thanks to a few guys here. Sounds like your off to a good start

longrifle
03-29-2011, 07:45 PM
2010 was an awesome year! Started off in May with my first grizzly, got a nice calf moose in October, passed on numerous whitetail does and one small black bear, whacked a meat buck (muledeer) and a black wolf in November! Saw lots of small whitetail bucks, finally got a glimpse of a big buck on my final day of the season, played games for the rest of the day but couldn't close the deal...Too bad he didn't stay in the clearing for 10 more seconds, but he appeared where I didn't expect a buck of that magnitude to appear, he clearly didn't like being out in the open and chased the doe back into the timber before I could get to a suitable rest and get a range (turned out to be 302 yards)...Hopefully our paths will cross again this fall!!!!

'rifle

mudNblood
03-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Sounds like the knife sharpener got a workout!!!

aliagha
03-29-2011, 07:54 PM
this was a good year for us. the search for deer led us to discover some new hotspots with beautiful surroundings. and still managed to bag a 2X2 mule deer on opening day of youth season + a beautiful whitey with a 3X3 velvet rack and lastly my dad and i both manage to score a topless whitey on the doe season opening day. nevertheless hunting brought my dad and i closer and now am left with several memories which will last a life time!!
eagerly looking forward to the next season.
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/48022_424813616919_700766919_5421657_7808569_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180595_499068181919_700766919_6640232_2206867_n.jp g

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/47903_465153779178_712384178_6390309_1556979_n.jpg
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/32565_433559309178_712384178_5571174_8287900_n.jpg

knighthunter
03-29-2011, 08:01 PM
2010 was my first time hunting in BC. I got to go out with 3 different guy's. 2 were newby's and 1 was expirenced. All 3 of these guy's hunted with me on seperate occaisions. Altogether was out on 6 day trips.We saw a few doe's, fawn's and 1 buck, all mule deer. 4 moose, a bull, cow & calf and at another spot a single moose but never got a good enough look to tell what it was. A sow & cub ran across the road in front of us. Another place a single bear crossed in front of us. And also seen was a huge blackie having his breakfast in a farmer's oat field. Saw 1 ruffie. I never even took a shot out of my rifle last fall. I've done alot of hunting, shooting and killing in my lifetime and I just enjoy being out in the bush. Took a few pic's, saw some great, new to me country. Hopefully passed on some knowledge to the newby's. I been thinking of hanging up my shootin irons for a few years now and maybe last season was my last. I figure I had a great season.

snareman1234
03-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Awesome season,

Personally took 2 muleys bucks and Whitetail buck.

Got my best muley to date.

Was in on 7 deer, and a bison

Lots of good memories with friends and family, lots of hard miles put on the boots, and a few heavy pack outs

kyleklassen
03-29-2011, 08:10 PM
was with my daughter for her first bear. all is good.

pnbrock
03-29-2011, 08:15 PM
to sum it up full of envy.

mudNblood
03-29-2011, 08:15 PM
2010 was my first time hunting in BC. I got to go out with 3 different guy's. 2 were newby's and 1 was expirenced. All 3 of these guy's hunted with me on seperate occaisions. Altogether was out on 6 day trips.We saw a few doe's, fawn's and 1 buck, all mule deer. 4 moose, a bull, cow & calf and at another spot a single moose but never got a good enough look to tell what it was. A sow & cub ran across the road in front of us. Another place a single bear crossed in front of us. And also seen was a huge blackie having his breakfast in a farmer's oat field. Saw 1 ruffie. I never even took a shot out of my rifle last fall. I've done alot of hunting, shooting and killing in my lifetime and I just enjoy being out in the bush. Took a few pic's, saw some great, new to me country. Hopefully passed on some knowledge to the newby's. I been thinking of hanging up my shootin irons for a few years now and maybe last season was my last. I figure I had a great season.
It'll be tough getting it out of your blood! Seems like when you make up your mind to stay home one year, all it takes is a bud to call you up and next thing you know your packing your gear.

150fighter
03-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Didnt get out to much because of school, but still had a pretty good year! Got my first bighorn sheep, and watched my buddy shoot a nice 4 point whitey!

Next year I'll be out alot more!!

2x4x16
03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Not a bad year, we as a group got our meat flat heads. And i was able to get my Cali big horn

mark
03-29-2011, 08:24 PM
6 point elk....6 point whitey.....& a 6 point muley...... :mrgreen:

bcmulie
03-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Fantastic. Did a backpack hunt with my brother for muleys and saw some beautiful country but very few deer. Then took my youngest daughter (5 at the time) out for our first hunt together and shot a nice 5x5 muley about 2 hours into the first morning hunting with her. When we got back to the cabin she told me it was "the best morning of her life". It doesn't get any better than that.

Then did a week trip to the Kootenays with my dad, where I shot a small whitetail and couldn't convince myself that the sixth point on a bull elk we spotted was "wider than its base". Again, fantastic country.

Finally spent a bunch of days at my cabin hunting for a whitetail and helping my dad and brother hunt muleys. I couldn't find a whitetail, but my brother shot his biggest muley to date - a 160 class buck with a nice 3-4" droptine.

All in all, a fantastic season.

bcmulie

yiorgo3
03-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Great year! Shot my biggest Mule deer yet. Dad also shot his first whitetail

BlackwaterHunter
03-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Me and my dad spents way more time in the woods than usualy this year, and we ventured more, so we came arcoss some very very good areas, saw lots of dry cows and a few deer but not much, didnt bag anything unfortuanly but I stil think its a great season because of all the knowledge we got from it

Caveman
03-29-2011, 08:48 PM
A nice 5x6 bull elk with my Dad, 7x9 bull moose with a good buddy, my dad and a couple cousins. as well as another cow moose in camp. Some great days with my son pursuing mule deer, but not quite able to find the one we wanted. Passed on a pretty damn nice one. I plan to make 2011 a stellar year though, not that '10 is one I will forget by any means.

rocksteady
03-29-2011, 09:25 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?55131-Rocksteady-s-2010-Hunting-adventures&highlight=rocksteady

Follow along...Filled the freezer.....Least amount of antler(in one season) harvested, but still had a friggin blast....and dining on tender vittles...

ianwuzhere
03-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Great Year.
4x4 whitey
Bull Bison
5x5 Bull elk
4x4 whitey-bigger..
3x4 Mulie
-passed on two legal moose-and 20+bucks all over the province. Seen more bucks this season in my scope then ever before, put in tons of time in 2010.
-cant wait till 2011... ;)

hunter1947
03-30-2011, 02:36 AM
For 2010 hunting in the field I did not have a good season but had a darn good filming year for wildlife as for good friend to spend quality time with around camp..

Maybe this year I will find my dream RME ?????????.

sawmill
03-30-2011, 05:45 AM
Elk and a deer for me,elk for the wife,3 shots fired.And a rabbit.

Hagen
03-30-2011, 06:09 AM
2010....tag soup just about sums that up :(

BCHunterTV
03-30-2011, 06:42 AM
bear moose and a bobcat

kuva
03-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Only got out once and saw some doe and black bear with some cubs but didnt bag anything. lucky for me my brother and father inlaw bagged two immature moose and they have alot alot of family dinners. I got my first rifle this year(2011), so hopefully now I will be able to get out more often and finally get something for my new family.

BiG Boar
03-30-2011, 07:40 AM
Spent a whack load of time in the best hunting place in the world. Met and enjoyed the company of many good friends. Even if nothing tipped over it would still have been one heck of a good year. Put some great cuts into the freezer, can't wait till the next hunt! Only a few sleeps to go!

4 point
03-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Saw many fine mule deer bucks but not "the one" I was looking for. Had a great fall in the field and can' t wait for this season to start this year. Can't ever seem to find the elusive 2 point moose, but I'll keep looking and entering the LEH's and praying....

lovemywinchester
03-30-2011, 09:09 AM
2010 was the best hunting year I ever had. Easy to say because it was also my first season. Started deer hunting and managed to bag my limit. Truly a life altering fall. I am not a newbie really as I have hunted with friends over the years and have shot lots of clays and lots of plinking. I bought my first 22 when I was 16 but I never got my shit together to actually get licensed. I am a steelheader so the fall was fishing time for me. Now its fishing and hunting. The best part was spending time with a lot of different friends and renting a cabin at Tunkwa Lake resort with six buddies and having a blast. We didn`t shoot anything but it was still a great time. Looking forward to bear hunting soon and September can`t come soon enough! Check out my thread from the fall.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?59065-Black-tail-down-for-the-hat-trick&highlight=black-tail

porcupine
03-30-2011, 09:34 AM
Acheived a lifetime goal of getting a mountain goat billy.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?55468-My-mountain-goat-hunt&highlight=my+mountain+goat+hunt

Skunked on moose with an almost got a bull opportunity.

Never seen so many ruffed grouse in my life and shot a few for the pot.

Didn't hunt birds as much as I wanted on the Island. Only shot 9 geese, 9 pheasants and a handful of ducks. But both my tollers got to do some retreiving.

Lost my brother, and with both him and my dad gone, I couldn't share the stories like I could in the past, and that was the sad part of the season.

topper
03-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Definitely an interesting season. Had my gun missfire on a 6pt elk at about 30 yards (long story). One of my hunting partners got the elk while the other caught the whole thing on video, which is great so I can relive the moment over and over! Had 2 faceoffs with different grizzlys at under 15yards, and needed to change my shorts on both occasions. I did end up having some damn good luck later in the season and managed to connect on a bighorn.

DWH
03-30-2011, 01:30 PM
This might be hard for some people to read but rest assured I have not ever had success like this. Basically, I hunted for 2 hours, took 2 shots and harvested an elk and a moose. Details provided below:

Animal #1: Day 1 - headed to the EK, drove off-road (heading to camp) for about 15 mins took a wrong turn, wound up at a dead end, decided to bugle anyway, got a call back, had to pause to get the hiking boots on, 45 mins later after a variety of techniques, 6x6 elk broadside at 40 yards, one shot he made it 50 feet and dropped.

Animal #2: Day 1 - Moose group hunt in the interior, dropped off at one point with the plan to rendezvous with the others later, start walking uphill, spooked a cow moose and had to work my way partially back down the mountain as she was trying to wind me, 30 mins later I stumble into 2 bulls, I freeze, 15 minutes goes by I don't move because the bigger bull (36") is staring at me, I have no cover, and the smaller bull is circling, then a cow moose walks to within 20 feet of me and lets out a call, the bull is mad and makes his move and so do I, one shot, bull runs about 50 feet and dies.

Summary: 2 hours of hunting, 2 shots taken, 2 large animals down and now 2 freezers FULL.

Lesson learned: I was ridiculously lucky in 2010 and expect a few lean years ahead. Also, I've been told to never remove the horseshoe from my nether region! Good luck everyone in 2011.

backcountrybowhunter
03-30-2011, 02:51 PM
got a spike bull moose, mountain goat, muley buck, whitey doe with bow from 8 yards, helped friends get 4 nice whitey bucks( 2 with bows), 2 muley bucks with bows, girlfriend got a 3 point whitey and a doe, got a turkey last day of fall season. overall great year couldnt ask for anything more. ( but a 6 point elk would sure be nice)

moose2
03-30-2011, 02:57 PM
GREAT

I had a great season I was able to hunt August moose for 6 days with my father-in-law. I was able to get a young bull on that trip. My wife,daughter and I did a couple of day trips looking for her youth whitetail. We didn't connect but saw alot of game and enjoyed our time out. My hunting partner ( combine pilot ) and I got in 8 days on a northern combo , we found a few new spots that we will be returning too. Saw a couple different grizzlys one at very close range , saw many other animals on that trip as well. ( sheep, caribou, elk, moose, goats, and deer.) I was able to take a nice stone ram on that trip. In late Oct we ( myself and C B ) met up with a couple friends for a late season cow elk hunt for a few days in the peace area. It was a great hunt they got an elk the day we arrived. We got 2 more the next couple days. A couple days later they got the last one , 4 elk in 6 days it was a fun weekend and they all tasted great. In Nov I got in about 15 half day hunts with friends and family for deer. I spent alot of time with the trail cam my wife got me for christmas 09 , during this time and got hundreds of great pictures ( yet another bush related hobby ) I took a small 3 x 4 muley for sausage near the end of the season , and my partners got a 4x4 ( M ) and a 5 x 5 whitetail on those trips. Then in FEB 2011 I met up with a guy from this site ( luckynuts ) , and we did a bit of wolf and lynx hunting. Never shot anything but had a great time and I started a freindship with a new hunting partner. This time of year finds us planning 2011 trips , booking vacation time , buying gear ( a custom tent from " Deluxe Wall Tents" ), hanging over maps and waiting for the snow to melt to get out shed hunting. 2010 had many great memories. I am really looking forward to 2011 as well . Good luck to everyone on the LEH draws and the upcoming season.
Mike

luckynuts
03-30-2011, 04:49 PM
This year has been my favorite to date! My oldest boy was able to hunt under a junior license using my tags thus gave me new enthusiasm to scout harder and longer to find more areas to hunt. My son took his first big game with a 30-30 open sights rifle a 2-3 yr old black bear, the 11th bear we seen that day. Plus we seen 3 grizzlies during the trip looking for a bear one that was chasing a cow moose with her calf.

Then took his first deer with his 250 savage a nice little yummy 4x4 whitetail plus had called in a bull elk earlier that morning. I met up with my good buddies from down south for our annual moose hunt and called in the biggest moose I have ever seen ( i have a 55" on the wall which looked puny) had the moose scared away on me grrr and had to settled on a small tri-palm a couple days later and then my Son capped of the regular season with a great muley buck. Like Mike said got to spend sometime with a new friend chasing cats and dogs over the winter months.

Can't ask for a better year. Good friends good times = good memories

W.

deeks1989
03-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Big 4 point muley, two 4 point whitey's, mountain goat, 2 black bears, 3 coyotes, 1 bobcat.
It was a good successfull year. Got to take my buddies out this year and help them cut some tags on some great animals.

Mountaintop
03-30-2011, 05:27 PM
This was my first season and was better than I had ever expected. Bought a new crossbow and practiced all summer. Tagged out on muleys by season end.

Nathaniel Poe
03-30-2011, 05:39 PM
I did alot of crossbow hunting in town

Darksith
03-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Was a great year even if I only pulled the trigger twice. Managed to get my first spike/fork moose, and took the only mulie buck that I saw all season, but with having my first child on nov 16 Im happy with how much time I actually got to spend in the bush. 2011 should be a year to remember though with all the planning Im doing for our northern adventure.

proguide66
03-30-2011, 06:04 PM
I did alot of crossbow hunting in town
You sick *******!:razz:

I was lucky and had a fun year with my very first monster moose..now THAT was fun. Shot my own grizz , shot 3 wolves up north , 2 nice blacky's at home and found all my guests what they were after and topped her off with a handfull of wolves at home.....funny , as the years go on time FLIES.Wishing for hunting season starts to backfire on you as you get older! seems like yesterday it was hunting season 1982......not looking forward to them running out!:-D

OutWest
03-31-2011, 07:47 PM
Had a fairly good year. Passed on a number of good muley bucks. Harvested a nice 4pt whitey myself and was in on two others. I got a lot more into the filming this year. The highlight of my season was filming my good friend bring down a beautiful 4x4 muley that hit the 170 mark. This was in the final moments of an extremely tough backpack hunt which made it very memorable. This disappointment would definitely be not harvesting an elk this year, especially after the amount of time and effort put in. Had some amazing bulls on my camera and ran into a number of them during the season but just couldn't connect. Had a beauty at 60 yards on the final day but was unable to make it happen. That really stung. It wasn't anything like 2009 in terms of harvest success but that's not how I measure it anyways. I had a fun and memorable season.

pnbrock
03-31-2011, 08:16 PM
great attitude nick.

Sunny
03-31-2011, 08:19 PM
2010 I got one whitle tail and one mule deer only

bugler
04-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Had a dream season. In August I was disappointed as work commitments were making it so I wasn't going to get out as much as usual. On the other hand I made the most of the time I had by taking a great 6pt bull on the first day of bow season, a sheep with my bow at the end of season, and a decent 4X5 WT in the late bow season. Had some great times with friends and was there when one took a 5pt bull with his bow, another put an arrow through a 4pt Muley, and his 10yr old son shot his first elk, a young 6 point bull.

Not expecting to top this past season for awhile.

Glassman
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Junior and I met a person thru the hbc site. Now we are good friends. Nicest guy you will ever meet. Junior got a 6 point Elk in September and then got a mulie buck in november. I had a shot at a 40" moose but hesitated, partly because I wanted Junior to shoot and partly because he was standing in swamp up to his belly. Can't wait to go up north again.

duckhunt
04-04-2011, 11:02 PM
I got a cow elk and 3 point white tail in one trip, then a whitetail doe.

Deeboe
04-05-2011, 05:00 AM
Opening day was great to me this year getting a nice 6x6 bull on the ground by mid afternoon. Spent the next few days fending off momma bear and her cubs from the meat pole. Helped my partner almost get a crack at a bull with some amazing bone growth up high that I've never seen on an E.K. elk. Saw him 4 times but just couldn't quite connect. Just getting to spend quality time with friends that i don't get to see much of the rest of the year was worth it alone but taking another elk made it all the more memorable. We won't mention the liver damage.... ;)

grizzlydueck
04-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Started the season off with my biggest turkey -called in with my bare mouth- 23lbs- No guiding=nice- archery hunting whities in the flathead=had grizzlies under me -infront of me -behind me -in my treestand-and blind- go still hunt other spots = bump into more grizz- hunted all over the kootenays on a quest for a 150 whitetail -seen a couple of 140+ bucks but nothing big enough shot a 2 nice whitie bucks but unfortunatly they were quick long running shots while still hunting and both had ground shrinkage! Had a cougar in camp buddy hit it in the face with a rock-bears in camp every night-but did no damage =very nice- drove over my custom rifle ..[long story] length wise-leopold scope fine -laminate stock = fine -couple of rocks pushed into stock -barrel good -still drove tacks -then proceeded to pull off some of the best long range shooting on game in a long time 116 yards at my running buck-and my sask buck running at 230ish yards- 418 yards on my elk and another good shot at 430yrds =don't recommend other people try this =[I pratice extreme shooting-its my passion -and none of these shots were off hand ] he is my biggest bull elk,a 360 -6x6 with a broken cougar tooth grown into his forehead-on a solo hunt -had to pack out my turkey and elk-deer were deboned -pack out trips-All walking \road closers- helped get my new hunter bud an elk -and then let him shoot of of my deer that iv'e been growing\watching for 4 years..and it was way bigger then any that i ended up shooting ! Too funny=a 4x4 26 inch main beams heavy mass ...stupid is as a stupid does -oh well he's one happy hunter ! Had some great days in hunting camp in my new cabela's wall tent -and the cabin with great buddies =one of the highlights of the year ! Started duck and goose hunting and i am addicted ! No descenting-lots off bullshitting-laughing- lots of shooting ! =Bird hunting in -20 in the canoe was a blast ! soo much fun getting out with the guys! If you haven't tried it ! It's a hoot.... Soo, to some it up! I had an awesome year ! Have lots of pics of my adventures on my gallery

Alpine Addict
04-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Was on 11 kills this year. 2 of them mine. Sheep, moose, caribou, bear, deer, goat, elk. Twas a busy season.

beeugle
04-10-2011, 08:20 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/thumbs/elkcrew2010.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=23280&title=elkcrew2010&cat=500)nuff said....

Hemi
04-10-2011, 08:36 PM
1 black bear and 1 ,,,2 point mulie,,,

dagreatwhitehunter
04-10-2011, 08:42 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/image.php?u=195295x6 mulie sept 10 2010 best day hunting.

Ltbullken
04-11-2011, 04:51 AM
MOOSE!!! To close out a real tough hunt where we saw one and onlyone moose... and shot it! ;-)

fireguy
04-21-2011, 10:50 PM
4 hours hunting this year, too much work. That said, one bullet, one broadhead ant two deer down. My first arrow kill, and biggest buck to date and a nice 4 point whitetail.

buckhunter
04-21-2011, 11:45 PM
two deer tags bought and had to work out of province!!!!! came back and shot a few grouse. 2011 gotta be better!

Bear Chaser
04-22-2011, 12:18 AM
I took a 6X6 elk in September
Both of the kids capitalized on their Age Restricted Elk LEH's.
Here is my daughter with the 25.06 I bought for her from 240 Gord.
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae69/BearChaser/DSCF4239.jpg?t=1303456157
Here is my son with his big cow. -32 C that morning.
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae69/BearChaser/DSC00058-Copy.jpg?t=1303456157

gibblewabble
04-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Living in Vernon working in Houston, left the house drove to Burns Lake checked the regs at my parents found out it was bow only moose. Drove to the parents via Francois Lake saw 2 moose broadside one at 30 yard the other 40 and they just stood there and me without my bow. Drove home at the end of the job grabbed my oldest and headed back up for rifle GOS moose, saw lots of cows the first day and a really nice whitey but my son was too busy looking around and not watching me occasionally so it buggered off. Saw alot more moosethat day. Next day took Ryan back to the whitey block and his addiction to hunting was officially started that morning with a nice 4x5 whitey from the day before. Saw more cows that day rained like crazy and not one bull. Chased a few moose that week but nothing else in the freezer so i took my kid back and drove back up for more work. Chased a number of deer the following month but I was always just behind, not having hunted this area for 20 years it sure had changed. Closed out late moose bow season spooking a bull out of his bed in -32 weather followed him till dark and walked out 3 hours under the full moon then 1.5 hours back to town. Son was hooked so it was a great season and spent alot of time in the woods ate a lot of tag soup though. We cant wait for the fall and we are going out soon for his bear.