PDA

View Full Version : Scotch creek/Seymour arm

theK.G.B
03-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Hello hunters,

Going up to scotch creek/ Seymour arm area for spring bear.
Wondering what the snow levels are like around lake level, aswell
As bear sightings in the area? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers

03-29-2011, 01:14 AM
Family friend just went up early March in his truck. He got through, but just barely. (their cabin is off the beaten path)

ghost
03-29-2011, 06:56 AM
lots of snow

Cbuck
03-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Agreed. Lots of snow. Will be better in two or so weeks if this warm weather stays around.

dave_fras
03-29-2011, 09:16 AM
i was thinking about goin around that area as well! or back to the usual revelstoke... who knows haha lots of time left before i decide!

theK.G.B
03-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Well it sounds like I may be snowed out, but could anyone suggest a lower area within a few hours of chase. Cheers!!!

ufishifish2
03-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Way too much snow right now up there. I was sledding up there last Friday.
Why is it that almost everyone I talk to is thinking about heading up that way for Bobo in a month or two??? Maybe another HBC convention eh???:-D

1 shot 1 kill
03-31-2011, 05:31 PM
look at the south side of johnson lake...lots of bears on the side hills..should be no snow there..go back and forth up to around 10km on minova rd

wicket
03-31-2011, 05:50 PM
dont bother there are no bears in that entire area :)

bearhunter338-06
03-31-2011, 06:22 PM
I live in the area, I'm waiting a good month before I even think about going out for bear.

watson721
04-02-2011, 04:31 PM
if you head up to the johnson lake are make sure you have a good gps with you. There is tons of roads up there and it becomes like a maze in parts and is very to get lost if your not careful.

theK.G.B
04-05-2011, 09:26 PM
I just got to my cabin in scotch creek. The air is much nicer out here. Better than the coast;p
I was planning on starting the hunt tomorrow, but my land rover had other plans
And decides it needs new brakes. So........ When I get stared on weds. Evening. I'll post my daily findings for everyone
Cheers!

theK.G.B
04-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Oh and I need a game meat butcher in the area if any one has an recommendation let me know!

theK.G.B
04-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Havnt seen any bears yet. But came across 2 different tracks in 2 different areas about 4 km apart and quite a bit of scat around:) hopefully time is what I need to find bobo

bearhunter338-06
04-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Good to hear of some sign. Are you along the lake or are you seeing the sign higher up.

theK.G.B
04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm skimming the east side of Adams at lake level. Lots of bear signs there and Johnson lake. The fsr leading up there from agate bay road is where I found both sets 1km and 5 km in approximate for track spacing. Saw a bear today at about 600 yards. But that is way out of my shooting capabilities...... For now:)
Cheers

Jagermeister
04-07-2011, 07:08 PM
I was out boogalooing on the weekend and me and my companions never saw a sniff of fresh yogi sign anywhere, from valley bottom to about 3000 ft, above that there is still a good amount of snow.
There is not anything greening up above the valley floor yet, not even the south slopes that have been bare for a while. So if yogi emerges, he will have scant groceries for a while.
Our little scouting trip was about 55 km at a leisurely pace. Saw lots of moose and deer sign, the odd 'yote track. The only live critters were a couple of chipmunks, some mallards and geese and male robins chasing each other around. This was all at about 2300 ft.

theK.G.B
04-07-2011, 08:02 PM
I agree above 3000 ft is a no go with out a sled. My land rover got really stuck twice in celista way up garland rd. I think this last week of warmer weather has made a
Good start to a so far promising spring bear. I'm at lake level in Scott creek by the copper island inn and there is fresh bear shut out the front window. And by fresh I'm guessing 1 day. Cause I didn't see it there yesterday morning. I bet that bear is just waiting till I leave and chills in the yard

theK.G.B
04-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Update on conditions and signs. Good heat today, left early this morning. No bears all day only the same tracks I can across the day before. New wolf track along the snow on the road. Made it most of the way to Johnson lake resort. Then I just feel like getting stuck so I turned around. I'm out once more tomorrow morning. Then off the the rover ranch in Armstrong. I may not get a bear this trip. But it's still early and snowy. Had a blast tracking anyway:)!!!!!