PDA

View Full Version : Taxidermist in Ft St.John area?

willyqbc
07-22-2006, 11:04 AM
looking for the name and number of a good taxidermist in the Fort St. john area....any info appreciated. Also a meat locker that will let you hang without them doing the butchering would be good too.

Thanks
Chris

pupper
07-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey chris, what are you going to hunt in ft. st. John that you dont have in your back yard?

when were you going up there?

Justin

willyqbc
07-22-2006, 04:23 PM
moose, mulies, whitey's, elk, black bear....not that we don't have them here, its just something different. Mosstly looking at the early archery season so I need a taxidermist to prepare the velvet antlers immediately after it hits the ground. also gonna do some suicide runs up there for moose mid august and will need a meat locker for a day if we knock one down the first morning.

Chris

calvin L
07-24-2006, 06:19 AM
Chris Give Peter Bruce a call at rocky mountain taxidermy in pouce coupe
(250) 786 7961 he does great work . the web site still lists the old owner .I don't know why? I do know the old owner still works for Peter . Also Peter can give you the phone # to a cooler & a butcher in dawson creek . hayes (i don't know about the spelling )
hope it all works out for you
Calvin L

Jetboater
07-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Tom Worton of T+C wildlife studios are the best in that area, also finding a meat locker that will have room after the early moose season is really tough, we found a back yard guy, I will be up ther for 3 weeks in sept for moose and elk with the bow, where are you staying?

willyqbc
07-27-2006, 05:05 PM
I think we will be splitting time between my buddies sisters house and a wall tent camp somewhere. Thanks for the taxidermists info guys! I appreciate it! You got a number for T&C?

Chris

Rubicon
08-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Www.canyoncreektaxidermy.com

bridger
08-30-2010, 04:48 AM
you can hang your meat at the charlie lake meat shop on the alaska highway in charlie lake. 793 3444

Downwind
08-30-2010, 08:43 AM
You guys do realize you're posting in a 4 year old thread right? lol Just thought I'd point that out ;)

Stone Sheep Steve
08-30-2010, 09:02 AM
You guys do realize you're posting in a 4 year old thread right? lol Just thought I'd point that out ;)

Really!! Chris gave up on a taxi and now does it himself.

SSS

Bear Chaser
08-30-2010, 10:15 PM

I noticed that too.
BTW if Canyon Creek is really located in Smithers it might be a little out of the way from FSJ.