PDA

View Full Version : Halfway River

kamloops killer
07-21-2006, 03:48 AM
Can anybody give me any info about roads around the halfway river. As you can tell me and my partener never been there before . Nice to try new country. The count down has started 6 days and a coffee and were out of here.
Thanks Doug:mrgreen:

Tank
07-21-2006, 06:16 AM
Like the rest of the Peace country...good game populations and lots of hunters during the open seasons! The further off the Hwy the better. Good luck!

BCrams
07-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Much of the main Halfway River is bordered by private ranches right from the mouth at the Peace all the way up.....

You may find your first hunt to be an exploratory hunt to figure where you can and cannot hunt. You may / may not get a moose, but as least in subsequent years you will know where to start looking.

PGKris
07-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Buy an elk tag. The road from Pink Mountain (off the highway) goes right to the bridge at the Halfway and while there are a lot of ranches on the way in, once you're on the halfway, hunt the riverbanks or keep driving for a while and you'll go thru a ranch and come out on crown land on the other side. I stongly suggest that you hunt the river. If you can, get a canoe or something like that and float it for a ways. Tons of elk and deer in that area. We didn't see any moose but we did see a dozen or so elk and a half dozen deer. The riverbanks look like an elk highway. Have fun up there it's real nice country. PM me if you need more info I was there just a few weeks ago.
Kris

Jelvis
07-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Hey Killer, One of my huntin buddies friends said, you can take 95 road or 143 rd at Pink Mountain he said it's good moose and some caribou. you can thank my huntin buddies friend for that. Jel. Good shootin Killer.

PGKris
07-24-2006, 11:43 PM
There ya go kamloops. 143. I had the mileage wrong.