PDA

View Full Version : MU 2-8 Question

WesHarm
03-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Hi everyone,
Awesome new snazzy site :mrgreen:

Just wondering... I've been google Earthing, Looking through the regs for Region 2 and searching District and regional parks etc. but haven't been able to find anything that says Grouse and its surrounding area are a provincial park or a regional park. Therefore according to the regs I would be allowed to shoot here would i not?

Looking specifically around the area of "Nancy Green way" up past the cleveland dam area.

Any info on this would be great as I'm just trying to find a fairly close to my house place to practice shooting, I will be going a fair ways into the bush if I can confirm that its legal.

Much thanks!

Blair
03-25-2011, 12:47 PM
I think Nancy Green Way is in the city of North Vancouver. They might have something to say about that. Further north, the Grouse Grind has about 300 people per hour going up it in the summer and early fall. Can't you find somewhere a bit more out of the way to go shooting?

gamer
03-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Get yourself a Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting map. It will show you all areas controlled by municipal restrictions. Most stretch a ways into the bush.http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1012/docs/FVSAH2010.pdf

WesHarm
03-25-2011, 12:55 PM
-Blair
Its actually not in the City of Vancouver, its in a region called "Electoral Region A" and the Area is on the other side of the mountain from the Grouse Grind.
-Gamer
Thanks for the map link Gamer, but the map actually cuts off about 4km down from where I was talking about :( Right at where all the maps I have found say the District of North Vancouver ends.

gamer
03-25-2011, 12:58 PM
I would say if you are past the map cut off then you are past the maps restrictions.

gamer
03-25-2011, 01:03 PM
The only other issue I have run accross is that if the area is inside a watershed then NO acess is allowed even on foot. I phoned Coquitlam watershed for info and they were very helpful and understanding. Maybe try phoning Clevland dam for access info in that area.

WesHarm
03-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Yeah I would too, the only thing is that I cant seem to find anything about the bylaws etc. from this "Electoral District A" does anyone know anything about this "region"

WesHarm
03-25-2011, 01:08 PM
ohh good call thanks!

gamer
03-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Do know if this helps.http://www.metrovancouver.org/ABOUT/ELECTORALA/Pages/default.aspx

It is a pretty safe bet that if it was open to discharge of firearms somebody has already been up there doing it. There is not many, if any, spots that close to the city that people would not already use.

WesHarm
03-25-2011, 01:15 PM
haha yeah found a read through the entirety of that and another site.... but cant find a single thing about discharging a weapon... I think you were right with the calling the Cleveland Dam and asking around :)

Jelvis
03-27-2011, 05:09 PM
MU 2-08
Fraser North - Golden Ears Park
This beauty unit includes the North and West Vancouver hills under reserve by the Greater Vancouver Water District, with access permitted only to hikers under permit.
Some deer hunting at the heads of many large lakes inland, north of and tributary to the mighty Fraser, such as Buntzen, Pitt, Alouette and Stave Lakes; boat access and or the odd old lake side abandoned logging road. Unreal POW!
This is genuine rain forest so prepare for a northern jungle experience.
Cloud cover all the time and the bush ain't bloomin good. Ain't no sunshine when your gone. No food on the ground .. to be found
Openings? What openings lol .. very few forest openings in this rain forest.
You want to be the rain forest hunting elite in this unit MU 2-08 you better head into the Upper Pitt, Indian Arm. Lot's a good deer and bear in thar.
Jel Upper Arm/Pitt // lol // .... Head for cedar swamps and shallow snows..
During the later part of the GOS .. also check Leh for any changes ..