PDA

View Full Version : Queen Charlotte Rental

Flingin' Sticks
03-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi all

I'm heading out the the Charlotte's for a work trip pretty quick, and I'm tossing around the idea of a day fishing trip. Looked up some charters, and the prices are a bit more than I'd want to pay, so I started looking at boat rentals. I've got plenty of time piloting on the ocean, so I'm not too concerned about that end. Anybody got an operation they could recommend? What about costs? Any info would be appreciated.

Anthony

fearless
03-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Hi all

I'm heading out the the Charlotte's for a work trip pretty quick, and I'm tossing around the idea of a day fishing trip. Looked up some charters, and the prices are a bit more than I'd want to pay, so I started looking at boat rentals. I've got plenty of time piloting on the ocean, so I'm not too concerned about that end. Anybody got an operation they could recommend? What about costs? Any info would be appreciated.

AnthonyTheres no places to rent boats on the charlottes, but this time a year you can get a pretty reasonable price from a couple of charter boats around charlotte if you stay in the inlet which is where you want to be. Lonewolf charters if he's not busy you might sweet talk him (250 559 8836 )

tonywtc
03-23-2011, 05:56 PM
what town are you going to be staying in? how long will you be there?

tonywtc
03-23-2011, 05:57 PM
what kind of fish are you wanting to go for? salmon or halibut?

tonywtc
03-23-2011, 06:03 PM
the salmon in my pic was caught on the west cost of the Queen Charlottes. (if you are staying in Charlotte City) you will need someone who knows the narrows to make it through safely and you can only go through at high tide, so another question will be: when will you be there and when will be the high tides while you are there? if the tides fall on awkward times it might not be as easy to go to the west coast.

If you are staying in Masset then it wont be as bad you can go up and over the top of the islands but I don't know much about fishing up the north end. I've never fished up there, but the fishing around Langara is awsome so I am told. and have seen pictures.. there are other places to fish on the Charlottes but none as good as those two

Flingin' Sticks
03-23-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm going to be pretty much all over the Island, but for the most part I'll be north in Masset. I'm there the first week in April (early, I know, but take what you can get I guess), and I'm only looking at one or two day charters. I'm just tacking this on to the end of my trip as an extra thing. I'm looking mostly at halibut and whatever other bottom dwellers will cooperate, but If the salmon are around, I'd be willing to consider a little bit of a change in pace.

I'm going to give a bunch of outfitters a call tomorrow and see what kind of prices I can scare up. Thanks for the info all...keep it coming.

Anthony

pro 111
03-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Hi all

Anthony
I would go with Lone Wolf. He will give you a good deal , has a decent boat , and is a good guy. He was well trained by Fearless. LOL.

islander338
03-25-2011, 09:26 PM
it wont be an issue to track a halibut down out of masset. Its going to be a an awful expensive halibut though.lol . Once your in Masset there is plenty of charter adds.

REMINGTON JIM
04-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Vern who owns Lone Wolf Charters out of qc city is a excellent guy and guide- i have being out with him several times ! Fishin is expensive- Have fun Great area ! Jim