PDA

View Full Version : Spring Black Bear Lower B.C.

biggamehntr
03-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Hey all,
Looking to see if anyone has some good place to look for some spring blackbear, never gone for blackbear before so any tips or places you can fill me in on would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Fixit
03-22-2011, 03:21 PM
other than the obvious ; southern facing slopes, they green up faster/more food...
and put some kms under those boots.

fill in your details (where you live etc) under your control pannel. that will help us with some locations close to you.

biggamehntr
03-22-2011, 03:50 PM
I live in Abbotsford but I'm willing to drive for a number of hours, I got a 4x4 and I'm also not afraid of hiking!

RJ
03-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Head up toward the interior, lots of bears off the Coquihalla. Get off the highway, find some poo and take a walk around

hunter7413
03-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Come to ft. nelson you can 20-30 bears aday and you don't even have to get out of your truck

bsa30-06
03-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Lytton area has bears and a good number of colored phase ones.

Just
04-09-2014, 07:51 PM
I've got the same question. I'm in Chilliwack and am willing to drive to Merrit or Princeton areas. I tried up at Chehalis last weekend and found no sign on any of the roads up to the Lake. Then got out and hiked some thick bush and found deer turd everywhere, but no bear. Went up Ruby creek off the number 7 towards hope but Flatiron has been up there for the last while and the roads are busy with logging trucks and machines. Tried up Chilliwack Valley towards Mt. Cheam and found the snow line is really low, drove up as far as I could then hiked up and around a bit but found nothing but cat tracks in the snow and yote scat. Thinking of going out this weekend too but not sure where? pm anyone

two-feet
04-09-2014, 10:35 PM
To all new bear hunters: just get out there! Get up real early and drive out of the city for a good bit, hit the back roads and start looking. Bears are in every habitat you can name from rain forest to desert. Take a weekend and by the end you will have a bit of a knowledge base to start working with. Pre-study the area with google earth and don't forget the back roads map book. Read all the old bear threads on this forum. Bring a friend and drink a shit load of beers around the fire at night. Viola! Hunting!

yamadirt 426
04-10-2014, 07:14 AM
I've got the same question. I'm in Chilliwack and am willing to drive to Merrit or Princeton areas. I tried up at Chehalis last weekend and found no sign on any of the roads up to the Lake. Then got out and hiked some thick bush and found deer turd everywhere, but no bear. Went up Ruby creek off the number 7 towards hope but Flatiron has been up there for the last while and the roads are busy with logging trucks and machines. Tried up Chilliwack Valley towards Mt. Cheam and found the snow line is really low, drove up as far as I could then hiked up and around a bit but found nothing but cat tracks in the snow and yote scat. Thinking of going out this weekend too but not sure where? pm anyone

Get to know your own backyard. You don't have to go far for any animals.