PDA

View Full Version : My wife's little mini Dashchund

Johnnybear
03-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Sorry for the spelling....Dachshund.

Well I don't hunt with this little member of the family but I thought due to their hunting lines in Europe etc. I would post some pic's of this little gal.

Her name is Lucy. She is the best guard dog hand's down for her awareness and vocal capabilities. Way better than my Black Lab. She is mostly my wife's little companion but I have been taking her out lately for walk's in the bush with her big (previously mentioned) brother.

She actually keeps up with us for a good 1.5 hour walk along logging roads, cutting through slashes to get to other logging roads etc. I am very impressed with this little "weiner" dog.

By the way she actually likes me better than than wife:cool: (Don't tell my wife I said that:grin:).

Our little Lucy.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/Coal_miner/Animals/IMG_0972.jpg

No hill is too big for the airborne weiner:grin:!!!

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/Coal_miner/Animals/IMG_0974-1.jpg

Due to her size however she did incur a few minor scratches to her belly during our escapades of late. She show's no signs of not wanting to keep going however. Great little companion. She loves being out there with her big brother.

Can't wait for the cougar bait comments!!! LOL.

Jimsue
03-21-2011, 08:19 AM
We have one too, got him at a year old, he was an appartment dog before we got him. Now he kills rats and retrieves pigeons, they are characters!!!

Tripitaka
03-21-2011, 08:54 AM
As they say, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog!"

KB90
03-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Due to her size however she did incur a few minor scratches to her belly during our escapades of late. She show's now signs of not wanting to keep going however. .

Nice dog.

You should get her a skid plate.

Foxton Gundogs
03-21-2011, 09:35 AM
As they say, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog!"

A friend of mine in Pr.Geo had one. Never knew he was small and ruled the ranch with an "iron fist". They lost him at around 6yrs old. Heard a great ruccus in the back pasture and when they found him the tracks told the story, coyote. The little dog died with a jaw full of coyote hair and what looked to be a smile on his face.

Ambush
03-21-2011, 09:47 AM
A co-worker has a weiner dog and a beagle. Last summer, near Cluculz Lake, they treed a young cougar and while the beagle broke off when called, the weiner kept the cat up the tree untill family members came back, as a group, to "rescue" him.
They look like a mistake to me, but there is no denying their tenacity.

Lone Ranger
03-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Yup, thats about right. A good buddy of mine has one, and its funny as hell watching him with our cat - he tries to "tree" it all the time as well. Poor little bugger always ends up stuck in a corner staring down at the dog until someone puts a leash on it, pretty funny. They definitely are tough little dogs though, I've taken him bird hunting and he loves it to death. There are definitely more useless dogs on this planet. LR