PDA

View Full Version : 3-43 Grizz Draw

hunter5
03-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Well my first year putting in for grizz and I drew a tag in area 3-43!
I havent seen any posts on the area and have never hunted it myself.
I know they have had huge snow this year, so Im guessing access is going to be the biggest problem. Anybody know the area or can give some advise on when and where to go. From what I can see on google earth Bone Creek has the best access.

dana
03-20-2011, 04:32 PM
You might get lucky and get access to Bone before the end of May. There is a big Run of the River Project in Bone though. They have been working on it the last few years. With the amount of workers and machines, it really has cut down on access. It is my understanding is they will be pretty much finished up sometime this year. They normally start up once the snow is gone, so your timing on getting in there for grizz might be just before they get going for the year.
I'd check out the back of Mud Valley too. Access is the 8000 road off of Red Sands. The only issue is you have to gain a bunch of elevation on Red Sands which means snow and then you loose the elevation going down the 8000, which means no snow. It kinda limits the use of a sled unless you find a beater that you don't mind riding a good ways on dirt. If spring comes fast, you should be able to drive Redsands before the end of the season.
Another area I'd check out is Robina at the North end of the unit. A few grizz winter on the Region 7 side and summer up Clemina. They have to go through Robina to get to Clemina.
Some good slides on the front face of Clemina that might have a early grizz hanging out. The sledders pound that drainage well into the spring so expect molgel conditions on the road.