PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Prince george

trapperRick
03-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Company is moving me to PG and I don't know a thing about the place, I assume there is a hunting/gun and some fishing shops anyone know what they are like are there good guys running them? the hunting/fishing should be good I know there is moose, bear but how about Elk, WT?

CanuckShooter
03-19-2011, 09:07 AM
I feel for you.....poor bugger.....

PG has everything....and some, things cost a bit more so stock up on ammo and duty free stuff if you can.... Your first concern should be that you end up living in a decent neighborhood....

Wolfman
03-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Another lucky bugger ;-)

You are livin the dream buddy ;-)

Shade Tree
03-19-2011, 10:24 AM
The only way can really fit in in PG is to own a big 4by4, a river boat and a quad :)

308Lover
03-19-2011, 10:40 AM
If you like to Hunt,fish, camp out, canoe or just watch the moose in your back yard, you'll like it here. Raised three kids here and they lacked for nothing ---good schools, lots of activities from swimming to hockey, soccer --you name it we have it.
Get used to being in wilderness in minutes instead of days. Don't worry about housing. There are lots of fine homes in great neighborhoods for a reasonable price.
Welcome to hunting and fishing heaven.

McSledder
03-19-2011, 11:11 AM
PG is great 5 minutes out the door and your hunting in almost any direction fishing is good for Rainbow again not far from home lots of lakes with rec sites on them cant ask for much more (maybe some leh draws for residents)

ROEBUCK
03-19-2011, 11:17 AM
very good black bear hunting ,ok deer hunting and very good moose hunting if you get leh

BCBRAD
03-19-2011, 11:51 AM
in PG your minimum varmint rifle will be a 30-06.

lightmag
03-19-2011, 12:51 PM
moose, elk, whitetail, muley, blk bear, salmon fishing, rainbows, char, camping, quadding, sports, and much much more!!! welcome, you will love it!!

Northern trout fitters best selection, little high priced,

ROEBUCK
03-19-2011, 12:54 PM
moose, elk, whitetail, muley, blk bear, salmon fishing, rainbows, char, camping, quadding, sports, and much much more!!! welcome, you will love it!!

Northern trout fitters best selection, little high priced,

and sasquatch LOL

Buckzilla
03-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Yes Loads in the way of hunting and fishing oppurtunities. No matter how safe you think your gear is locked up or hidden out of site, add 10 more locks and 3 more alarms and possibly 3-4 guard dogs and you will have no problem...

moosinaround
03-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Find a new job!! Don't come to Prince George!!! It's a crap hole!! It stinks, it is the #1 crime city in Canada, the deer elk and mulie hunting sucks, and the education system leaves something to be desired!! Run as far away as possible, say the Kootneys, or Kelowna??!! Moosin:eek: Oh and Prince George doesn't even have a Wholesale Sports??!! Like WTF???????

CanuckShooter
03-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Yup, and no Red Lobster or Swiss Chalet...only one movie theater....the moose hunting sucks unless you can get a LEH...;-)....BUT you can hunt black bears everywhere, the tubers go au natural in the summer...and if your crazy there are cut banks you can ski down.

Chuck
03-19-2011, 04:09 PM
and sasquatch LOL

Where?.............

todbartell
03-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Prince George doesn't even have a Wholesale Sports??!! Like WTF???????

they got better :biggrin: an hour down the road :wink:

fearless
03-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Yes Loads in the way of hunting and fishing oppurtunities. No matter how safe you think your gear is locked up or hidden out of site, add 10 more locks and 3 more alarms and possibly 3-4 guard dogs and you will have no problem...

exactly and bring some nose plugs, the place stinks.

aliagha
03-19-2011, 10:48 PM
i heard it gets a little chilly in the winter, nevertheless prince george is where a hunter should be.

barry1974w
03-20-2011, 07:10 AM
If you choose to live a few minutes out of town, it doesn't normally smell. It is a pretty stinky place (you'll notice it as soon as you start to drive down the hill into town), but with three pulp mills, two chemical plants and an oil refinery sitting in a low spot, what do you expect? Hunting around town is pretty decent, fishing isn't too bad either, but not too far to really good stuff. Send me a PM, maybe we'll get together for a beer and a bullshit.

5 spike
03-20-2011, 07:43 AM
i worked up there, great hunting and fishing. lots of snow. good luck with the move.

goatdancer
03-20-2011, 03:09 PM
exactly and bring some nose plugs, the place stinks.

Old WAC Bennett used to call it "the smell of money". :roll::eek:

Brett
03-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Old WAC Bennett used to call it "the smell of money". :roll::eek:

Thats what OLD everyone up here calls it, and a few of us as well:biggrin:

Brett
03-20-2011, 03:42 PM
the tubers go au natural in the summer...
where down the Willow ;) i'll bring the bee,r you bring the lawn chairs!

swampthing
03-20-2011, 05:20 PM
I am pretty new to the PG area and it is hard to figure out. I havent figured out the good hunting part yet. The quading has been aluding me too. I guess when you grow up in an area you get to know it. The bush is thick up here and I will never get used to that. I was raised in Kamloops and have always hunted the open country. Work is plentiful though. I am closer to rocky mountains though.

ianwuzhere
03-21-2011, 05:38 PM
decent place or i wouldnt be here.
- i agree-lacking on good outdoor stores. northern trout fitters is the best we have which isnt saying much- this week along ive wanted at least half a dozen things- and which they "do not stock"-seems to be the answer to everything=they can order it in....-hehe-im not looking for oddball things- wholesale sports all has these things online-guess i will have to order in-just not locally...
-that said-stock up on whatever you need before you make the move hehe...
-tons of local lakes to fish-the fishing is endless, outdoors is great whatever direction u choose...
-enjoy!!-maybe we all can meet up on a pg meet and greet one day...

Darksith
03-21-2011, 06:31 PM
p jizzle...too bad for you, and anyone that says otherwise has been there too long. Once you get outta PG its a good place to be, but inside city limits, not for this kid anymore at least.

moosinaround
03-21-2011, 06:55 PM
I am pretty new to the PG area and it is hard to figure out. I havent figured out the good hunting part yet. The quading has been aluding me too. I guess when you grow up in an area you get to know it. The bush is thick up here and I will never get used to that. I was raised in Kamloops and have always hunted the open country. Work is plentiful though. I am closer to rocky mountains though.

Head out on the gas pipeline out by summit lake, or towards mossvale on the teardrop 200. Good quadding there. Try the blackwater, very good hunting and quadding out there. North Nechako is good for quadding. Give me a PM and I'll ship ya in a few directions for hunting spots, maybe even show you a few for blackies if yer interested. Moosin

uraarchr
03-21-2011, 07:10 PM
I heard theres a new cover scent out for hunting the PG area "Eau De Pulp Mill" by one of the scent companies.Works well around Kamloops too.Kidding aside though,I've heard theres great hunting around there.

yukon john
03-21-2011, 08:09 PM
once your outside of town things are pretty nice, if your looking for some hunting spots I could give you a few for blackies, moose and elk, send me a pm

Sunny
03-21-2011, 08:20 PM
make me feel like to move up there

BlackwaterHunter
03-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Ive lived in pg for my whole life, absolute great hunting if you know where to go, and if you are going to quad then dont be one of the jackasses flying down the main roads! the fishing is great, so many lakes, try to get a house out of the bowl! ive never lived in the bowl and im glad of that!