PDA

View Full Version : spring bear hunting.

BCGameHunter
03-18-2011, 01:19 PM
so me and my friend are going out bear hunting this spring for the first time and dont really know that much about bear hunting.is gutting a bear pretty much the same as gutting a deer ? is there anything i should know befor heading out in the bush? and for getting it cut up what are come good thing to get from a bear jurky/steak/ any idea?

GoatGuy
03-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Usually enjoy smoked meats the best with bear.

Gutting just the same.

03-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Dont get freaked out after you skin it and it is hanging on the pole, they look freakie

cavebear
03-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Jerky, peporoni, and sasuage.

If your not famillar with bears and their size, one trick is look for a bear with real small ears. The ears do not change much from birth to adult hood so if the ears look small the bear should be a decent size.

I also try not to harvest bears close to areas where garbage is available ie towns and large campsities, stick to the remote bears and they are usually very healthy.

Happy hunting :smile:

BCGameHunter
03-18-2011, 02:05 PM
ok cool thanks guys. um where would be some good places to go bear unting me and my buddy are thinking about going to loon lake at the end on next month for a 5 day trip.

Pioneerman
03-18-2011, 02:22 PM
You posted the same subject and question a couple weeks ago didn't you?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=63962

Matty_ola
03-18-2011, 02:30 PM
You posted the same subject and question a couple weeks ago didn't you?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=63962

Agreed, Why not just bump your old thread if you're looking for more input? Or try the search function, there are TONS of spring bear threads with some really good info.

BCGameHunter
03-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Ya i did and ok um how do you delete a thread?

03-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Did you feel that BCGH? That was a slap on your hand!! dont ever do that!! :)

I woldnt worry about it too much. But if you are ever looking for more info on a thread you have already started, just find it again and type something in it. That way it will go to the top again.