PDA

View Full Version : O.K i've got a big one

fearnodeer
03-17-2011, 06:17 PM
I don't know how you guys feel about this but i've got a 30' fifth wheel and i just bought another 18' trailer with my hunting buddy, but once and a will i would like to take the fifth wheel because it would be hunting from a great base camp. The fifth wheel i own is a 2005 corsair worth at the time 53,000.00 and a great place to holiday in but could i find some places to take it hunting in that would be great. It sleeps eight with a seperete bedroom with a double bed and a single bunk on top, and a queen bed for the owners and a fold out couch and a drop down table, it is also rated for year round use. So what do you think, i enjoy agreat base camp but to haul this unit in i will be restricted. Comfort over better access. Do not get me wrong, i love to hunt but once and a while i like the comfort to. What do you think ,

Jelvis
03-17-2011, 08:00 PM
OK quit braggin lol, of course I'd take the thirty footer and stay in that while hunting.
Jel .. Live like a Prince, who wouldn't. Be glad you have such nice things to use.

bowhunterbruce
03-17-2011, 08:10 PM
ive been using my 30 footer travel trailer for 5 years now ,i love the comfort and being able to get the quad in the truck makes for complete access to just about everywhere i want to go.
bhb

steelheadSABO
03-17-2011, 08:27 PM
and I thought if you had a canopy and a foamy you were living the life....

tim3500
03-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Its all fine but I just cant justify that thing sitting in the yard being used maybe 3 weeks a year winterize, insurance , parking , mainenace , on and on I dont envy you guys , the guys that show up in canp with there quads in the truck unload there gear into a cabin with a propper bed that doesnt involve you taking the kitchen table down proper washroom sharing the expence with you buddies I found much nicer way to hunt and cheeper too hotels even work its nice to have a long shower after a dirty day in the bush

mrak
03-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Camper, 4x4, cargo trailer with cooler and ATVs and wood stove for drying out and 10 ft. drift boat ; this works for me

adamgarbett
03-18-2011, 04:53 PM
A shower is always nice about mid trip, getting busted by whiteys gets old quick. LOL

Weatherby Fan
03-18-2011, 05:00 PM
I don't know how you guys feel about this but i've got a 30' fifth wheel and i just bought another 18' trailer with my hunting buddy, but once and a will i would like to take the fifth wheel because it would be hunting from a great base camp. The fifth wheel i own is a 2005 corsair worth at the time 53,000.00 and a great place to holiday in but could i find some places to take it hunting in that would be great. It sleeps eight with a seperete bedroom with a double bed and a single bunk on top, and a queen bed for the owners and a fold out couch and a drop down table, it is also rated for year round use. So what do you think, i enjoy agreat base camp but to haul this unit in i will be restricted. Comfort over better access. Do not get me wrong, i love to hunt but once and a while i like the comfort to. What do you think ,

Lucky Bugger :cool: I think you should loan it to me when I go Elk hunting for 10 days in Cranbrook this year :biggrin: I would use whenever I could if I was you !

fearnodeer
03-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Okay if someone wants to go with use let me know

Eatmeat
03-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Sounds nicer than my house!
I've gota tarp and sleeping bag, its a little drafty.