PDA

View Full Version : Best After Wedding Surprise I Could Have Asked For!!!!

mbariesheff
03-16-2011, 11:48 PM
So I just returned home today from Jamaica after spending two weeks there. I tied the knot got hitched on a beautiful beach in the Caribbean and wouldn't do it any other way if I was to redo it.

I thought nothing could be better than spending two weeks in Jamaica and then coming home to spend a few more days off before getting back into the swing of things. Boy was I wrong

Being out of the country for that long, i ventured over to the mail box and prepared myself for a stack of bills that needed tending too. Not only was i surprised to see fewer bills than expected, I saw that beautiful "ministry of environment" envelop. My dad had checked online earlier before we left and said that none of us had gotten any grizz draws for the spring.

When I opened that envelop up and it had some weight to it, i thought that is weird usually a NIL letter is one single page sending the bad news of an unsuccessful draw.

I couldn't have been more ecstatic to see "CONGRADULATIONS! BEST WISHES FOR A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE HUNT!"

I thought there was a mistake but after re-inspecting the letter my dreams had come true (especially since I was telling my wife on the way home how ready i was for a spring bear hunt, needless to say I thought it would be a black bear hunt not a Grizz hunt)

I have never hunted grizzly or have any idea how or where to start, if anyone of you fine gentlemen on here have any advice or input, or areas that would so greatly appreciated.

The area I drew for was the houston, smithers area 6-08!!!

Thanks for the tips, advice, and input, I can't wait to get out there and get a beauty bear and have an epic story and pictures to share with you guys!!!

Thanks again!!!!

Singleshotneeded
03-17-2011, 12:38 AM
Get a permission letter to take the barge across Babine Lake to the east side, for starters. What sort of rifle will you be using? Congrats!!

hunter1947
03-17-2011, 01:51 AM
Now all you need to do is get some lotto tickets congrats on the Griz draw..

sawmill
03-17-2011, 05:24 AM
P.M. sent,good luck!

fearnodeer
03-17-2011, 06:04 AM
Can't help but congrads on your wedding and draw, looks like you guys are of to a great start.

mbariesheff
03-17-2011, 10:05 AM
who owns the barge?? whom would be the person to get a hold of for that??
I have a .300 weatherby, enough or should I go shopping too???? :-D

Hank Hunter
03-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Congrats on the draw, I think the 300 bee will do the job :wink:

weatherby_man
03-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Wow, seems to be a good year for you! Good luck on the hunt!! The 300wby will do just fine, but dont let that stop ya from goin shoppin!! .

troutseeker
03-17-2011, 10:45 AM
And I thought you were going to say you got an annulment...;)

Congrats on all that goes well in your life! Have fun getting your bear.

03-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Great news. Good luck!

kebes
03-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Use your .270 ya sissy :D

hillclimber
03-17-2011, 03:59 PM
i thought you were gonna say divorce papers:lol:

Smithers
04-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Hey i'm from smithers, haven't really hunted spring grizz but heard its a real tough one. I'm actually planning on going out tomorrow and glassing and drivng around just to get out again, going nuts not doing so. I shot a 7 foot beautiful grizz couple years back, but was in november. 6 bears same day, all heading up one road, probably hiberation? might be worth a look.

wicket
04-17-2011, 01:58 PM
congrats look forward to hearing the story

hunter1947
04-18-2011, 01:45 AM
Congratulations on your draw now you have to get your home work done for this bear hunt ,good luck hope you nail a good one http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.png.

91Jason91
04-18-2011, 02:21 AM
Congradulations on the draw and getting married, I got a grizz tag myself as well. And the 300 should be enough it all depends mostley on the placement on the bullet on where you hit the girzz. Im going after my gizz with a 300 altra mag 180 grain. = light grain for a 300 RUM but if placed right will do the job just fine