PDA

View Full Version : PG guys 7-09

Rhys
07-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey guys we got a shared hunt in 7-09 My uncle and Cousin live up on Giscome road so I think he will be able to get some good scouting in before we head up. my brother in law and I will be headin up there for probably about 10 days. When do you think the best time would be? our draw is from Sept 10-Nov 5. Any areas better then others?

We have a draw for 2 Bull moose hopefully we can pull 2 out of there.

Thanks for any advice.

Rhys

PGKris
07-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Not much scouting needs to be done...if you've got relatives in Giscome they will know the area......there's moose all over 7-09. Most guys can fill tags there no problem. The areas near the Fraser have good moose numbers but it's thicker than hell so you might want to avoid those spots. Also avoid thanksgiving weekend cause calf season will be open and every yahoo for 100 miles will be in 7-09 or 7-10 looking for a calf. Have fun.
Kris

Rhys
07-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Thanks Kris, thats what I was hoping to hear.

Rhys

Krico
07-17-2006, 04:21 PM
If you have bull tags, avoid the calf season. I don't even bother going out those 2 weeks anymore as the amount of traffic makes me miserable. I find the better hunting to be the last week in September and first week in October anyways...

BCrams
07-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Its a slam dunk. Even if you go during calf season, it is excellent hunting. 99.9 percent of the hunters are road hunters and you can easily escape the crowds and have a most excellent moose hunt and have the chance at a calf moose as well for the 3rd moose in your party.

Jelvis
07-18-2006, 06:33 PM
You have a good moose hunt area my Uncle use to live in P.G. We went in at Buckhorn on hwy 97 I think Bull Moose rut is when you want to be hunting for any bull. Moose rut peak is around October 6 to the 9th fading out from there but it"s been awhile since I hunted Prince. Oh ya theres a few bears around too.:eek:

moosecaller
07-18-2006, 06:40 PM
You have relatives in the area unless they drive with thier eyes closed they cannot help but see many moose. This area is extremely productive. As far as the calf season goes I see a marginal increase in the amount of traffic on the various roads this will not effect your chances of nailing a couple of moose. The rut starts the end of Sept. (last week or so) and goes to at least the 3rd week in Oct. If you give it a half a go at hunting you will score.