PDA

View Full Version : jones lake

Vancouver1234
03-15-2011, 05:43 PM
never been up to jones lake, planning on doing a weekend camping trip maybe some shoreline fishing, is it nice up there?

thanks

Heavy Metal
03-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Yah its nice up there. I dont know what condition the road is in right now last time i was up there it wasnt nice.

keoke
03-15-2011, 06:41 PM
It is beautiful up there, but sadly lots of the stave lake rednecks are going up there camping. Last time I was there this one group had a baby and a toddler. They were up till 4am driving along the shoreline, doing burn outs on a piece of plywood with their two stroke dirtbike and throwing gas on the back tire causing fireballs. All the while pounding loud music from a truck with subwoofer in it. I got up at sun rise and decided to practice clays with my shotgun and they had the nerve to tell me to F off with the guns. Lol

Tyee
03-15-2011, 06:46 PM
family has had a cabin up there for 30 years. great fishing. has changed alot over the years. it would be hard to get up to the lake at this time.

Eatmeat
03-15-2011, 06:47 PM
A guy I work with was up there with his kids a couple years ago and some Dbag ripped through his site on a dirtbike, almost ran over his 6 year old daughter so he hid behind the tent untill the tool came back and clotheslined him with log.

recoil
03-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Was up there last labour day, fishing was good although nothing huge, rain kept us around the fire most of the time, also watch out for the slot restrictions you can only keep the big uns 16" or more. Stay at one of the the Hydro sites if you want some piece and quiet, they have a no nonsense policy and will fetch the RCMP if you get outta hand. The unofficial campsites further down is where the party crowd hangs out. There is also a nice boat only access only campsite down the lake. The place fills up quick on long weekends. Road sucks but go slow and you will do fine, once the snow clears that is.

sparkes3
03-15-2011, 07:07 PM
also bring along 20 feet of fishing line and some weiners for the crawfish

Lone Ranger
03-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Road in is a little rough, 4wd not required but I usually throw it in just to keep from spinning the tires at all so I don't chew the road up any more. The fishing is good, caught tons of trout around the dam. If you have a good enough boat go explore the lake, its really pretty down the far end. LR

SHAKER
03-15-2011, 07:50 PM
A guy I work with was up there with his kids a couple years ago and some Dbag ripped through his site on a dirtbike, almost ran over his 6 year old daughter so he hid behind the tent untill the tool came back and clotheslined him with log.

LOL.... lucky it was just a log he accidently drove into! I wouldn't have been so nice.:twisted: Then again I avoid ****** infested area's for such reasons.

crazybushcreature
03-15-2011, 09:14 PM
its not bad up there at times. Mostly long weekends are when u get the partiers. I was told that they are talking about puting a gate on this side of the cabins. That will stop alot of people going down past to the washout to party. It definetly has its moments

Ride Red
03-15-2011, 09:28 PM
It is beautiful up there, but sadly lots of the stave lake rednecks are going up there camping. Last time I was there this one group had a baby and a toddler. They were up till 4am driving along the shoreline, doing burn outs on a piece of plywood with their two stroke dirtbike and throwing gas on the back tire causing fireballs. All the while pounding loud music from a truck with subwoofer in it. I got up at sun rise and decided to practice clays with my shotgun and they had the nerve to tell me to F off with the guns. Lol

Good on you. Hopefully you didn't stop shoot'in. Friggin rats like that should stay home where they belong.