PDA

View Full Version : Sitka

fudge
03-15-2011, 04:01 PM
I cant find much of there gear out there anymore... Dose anyone know whats up ?? Even on there web site its limited.......

Rugernator
03-15-2011, 05:00 PM
http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/search.ep?keyWords=sitka&x=0&y=0

Wholesale Sports has some.

blackie9999
03-15-2011, 05:00 PM
i noticed that as well.also seems to be a lot of clearance sales mostly in the states.seems like they are closing out or getting ready for new lines to come out.this all seems to be happening at the same time as the new kuiu line of gear is ready to start selling.are they both owned by the same people maybe?

fudge
03-15-2011, 05:17 PM
I called wholesale sports but they told me that they will not be bringing it in anymore

tonywtc
03-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Grouse River Outfitters in Kelowna have it.
http://www.grouseriver.com/

They will ship too...

Johnnybear
03-15-2011, 10:58 PM
i noticed that as well.also seems to be a lot of clearance sales mostly in the states.seems like they are closing out or getting ready for new lines to come out.this all seems to be happening at the same time as the new kuiu line of gear is ready to start selling.are they both owned by the same people maybe?

Probably making some folks wonder:-|.

todbartell
03-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Sitka seems to have turned from designing mountain hunting gear to treestand whitetail gear

betteroffishing
03-16-2011, 07:51 AM
all i know is if im paying 400-500 for a hunting jacket it better bring me a hot cup of coffeee whenever and wherever i need it. stupid expensive stuff , im not surprised their having hickups.

Everett
03-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Sitka seems to have turned from designing mountain hunting gear to treestand whitetail gear

Well thats were the real money is.

Slee
03-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Well thats were the real money is.

Very true, mountain/backpack hunters make up a small portion of the hunting community. Kuiu is going to have a tough time making it in the long run if he only sticks to light weight backpacking gear. His real competition isn't sitka, its going to be from all the back packing/mountaineering companies, O.R., M.H., arc'teryx, T.N.F., ect.... The only difference with his gear, he offers a camo version. And really, camo really is'nt that important.....

open-sights
03-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Ownership changes, followed by mis-management followed by management changes followed by no follow up anywhere followed by internet whoring and selling direct to any fly by night internet store followed by curbing the direct sales to storefronts and now back to no following up with anything.
Great product but terible people that were behind it, once Gore took over it just seemed to become nothing what the original visions were, not surprized but sort of sadened. I loved the company when it was Canadian made and distributed, I still love the gear but hard to love the brand.

pitbell
03-17-2011, 07:41 AM
They now have some of the best mountain hunters and mountaineering gurus designing their open country gear. For 2011 look for an awesome bino cover/carry system, a windshirt similar to the Marmot Dri clime, a hooded traverse shirt, and a new pant that is extremely durable, has waterproof arse and knees called the timberline. They also will have a full line of mirino wool products that should be very popular.

pitbell
03-17-2011, 08:03 AM
all i know is if im paying 400-500 for a hunting jacket it better bring me a hot cup of coffeee whenever and wherever i need it. stupid expensive stuff , im not surprised their having hickups.

I think it's halarious that a dude can walk into a Coast Mountain Sports and drop $600 on a Arcteryx/Mountain Hardwear/TNF etc.. jkt and never think twice or bitch about the price. Expensive yes, but if your using it for what it is designed for then worth every penny. If your a rd hunter then buy something else.

Nathaniel Poe
03-17-2011, 12:41 PM
They now have some of the best mountain hunters and mountaineering gurus designing their open country gear. For 2011 look for an awesome bino cover/carry system, a windshirt similar to the Marmot Dri clime, a hooded traverse shirt, and a new pant that is extremely durable, has waterproof arse and knees called the timberline. They also will have a full line of mirino wool products that should be very popular.

sounds like someone gets commission for selling Shitka gear :lol:

pitbell
03-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Nope just a fan. I worked at Coast Mountain Sports for years selling and using high end clothing so I like to think I know good gear when I see it. Sitka is no more expensive than the stuff I used to wear from Mountain Hardwear and Arcteryx and is just as high end. Here's a tip for people who want to buy Sitka Gear but doesn't want to get raped buy the Canadian distributors. There are dealers in Canada that get there stock direct from Sitka that can sell the stuff for way less. These are the guys you want to buy from.

muledeercrazy
03-21-2011, 11:18 AM
sounds like someone gets commission for selling Shitka gear :lol:

what gear do you recommend?

Matty_ola
03-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Camofire.com

Bought my entire Sitka lineup for less than 2/3 Can retail.
For example I just bought the incinerator bib for $235 and the incinerator jacket for $281
Compare that to anything else and you're pretty hard pressed to find a better deal.

bforce750
03-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Camofire.com

Bought my entire Sitka lineup for less than 2/3 Can retail.
For example I just bought the incinerator bib for $235 and the incinerator jacket for $281
Compare that to anything else and you're pretty hard pressed to find a better deal.

Me too out of Idaho

open-sights
03-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Nope just a fan. I worked at Coast Mountain Sports for years selling and using high end clothing so I like to think I know good gear when I see it. Sitka is no more expensive than the stuff I used to wear from Mountain Hardwear and Arcteryx and is just as high end. Here's a tip for people who want to buy Sitka Gear but doesn't want to get raped buy the Canadian distributors. There are dealers in Canada that get there stock direct from Sitka that can sell the stuff for way less. These are the guys you want to buy from.

There is no Canadian distributor for Sitka, there is a Rep Group though - I think it is Canadian Outdoor Agency.

betteroffishing
03-21-2011, 08:17 PM
i buy second hand mill surp wool for my hunting needs, thats about it.

backpack for sheep
03-22-2011, 08:58 AM
i use sitka hat, gloves, jacket ,vest, shirt ,pants love would not use anything else. backcountry in fort st john sells there gear so does grouse river in kelowna. you pay for what you get