PDA

View Full Version : sheep/grizzz 7-18

stixnstones
07-17-2006, 09:42 AM
hi guys this is my first but certainly not last post here on this site. I recently picked up a grizz tag in 7-18 was wondering if any one had any tips for me. What is the road access like? Also wondering if you have seen any sheep or goats lounging around in the mountains. Is there any fish in MacGregor river?

Tank
07-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Welcome to the site!

Road access is pretty good for portions of 7-18....with a main access road on the eastern side and one on the west. Lots of grizz in there, but thick tough terrain for the most part. If you have a fall tag for grizz go early in the season and get up top. No sheep in the western portions...maybe some in the east in the park...but tough to get into. not too sure what the goat situation is like.

Good luck!

Brambles
07-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Good luck on the draw, I had that draw in 2004 but never made it up there to hunt it. I bought all the topo's for the area which was alot considering the Topo's sometimes only have a small corner of the m.u on them. Did some research and looks like the grizz population is strong. I was told that the road going in was all deactivated but never seen for myself if that was true. Your quite a ways back so bring lots of fuel.

BCrams
07-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Excellent grizzly population! Getting one might be another matter. Goats are in there but spread out pretty thin. I wouldn't waste money on a sheep tag. Be aware of the quad closure into the western portion.

Be prepared to spend time in there if you want a grizzly.

heybert
07-19-2006, 10:06 AM
You can access a part of 7-18 going towards Kakwa park through Walker Creek FSR. Once you get to the Y (Sandy or Sande Road on the left) take the right and keep going. You're in 7-18 by then and look to your right and figure out how to get up there. Make sure you have a high vehicle, 'cause the beavers may have been busy this summer and flooded the road. Good luck!

JAGRMEISTER
07-20-2006, 09:34 AM
sHEEP IN THAT AREA ARE IN 7-19, n. OF KAKWA LK. ON mT. HANNINGTON. aN EASY DAY HIKE FROM KAKWA LK. oTHER ACCES IS FROM aLBERTA TO KAKWA FALLS AND FOLLOW TRAILS TO LK.